Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

I'm a fan of Garon's ashen-gray, sunken-eyed, obviously evil portrait. It's the silly two-color beard that pulls it together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Bruceski posted:

Dump Hana
Feed Rinkah

This is my vote.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Wow, your Kaze has like 4 more Str/Def at 12 than mine did at 19 when I benched him.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Krumbsthumbs posted:

Oh hey! I voted for... one of those people. You all really like the Ninja crew, huh?

Poor Rinkah, this would've been a decent map for her, but she's going to ride that bench.

This is just the list of contenders for the 6th cut. The poll shows that people do not, in fact, like the ninjas.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Tae posted:

Marrying Kaden would make a kid that is both weak to wyrmslayers and beast killers, yes.

Then obviously you'd have to make them a flying class so they'd be harder to hit, duh

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Yep, that looks like every attempt I made at using Rinkah beyond the intro chapters. She and the RNG aren't on good terms.

Every team has its Vaike, I suppose.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Yeah Scarlet kicks rear end. She's strong, tanky, can fly, her design is cool, etc. I don't think her personal skill is great - a higher chance to randomly crit isn't worth being near death. But whatever, she's good enough to overlook that and her lack of supports (and thus her lack of flexibility re: re-classing, but her available classes are already pretty diverse).

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

I vote to change Reina because a) that should stave off her elimination for at least one more map and I'd like her to stay, and b) one of the re-class options uses Reina's bow rank and it's a good class besides.

Then obviously you'd have to change Ryoma to Kinshi Knight to make up for Reina's change!

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Orochi is another one of those units that never worked out for me. Maybe someone better at Fire Emblem can make use of a unit with high attack and sluggish speed, but I abandon her when I get easier access to magic melee weapons and faster tome users.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Why does a crystal explode when you throw a shuriken at it

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Tae posted:

Felicia literally cannot be beaten by mages.

I hadn't considered before this update how good Felicia's smug-face is. She knows she's invincible.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Good for Rinkah. Dread Fighter is a good class for her, and helps her get through bad levels with its utility. Bolt Axe and shurikens are a deadly combo.

One thing to note about Mechanists is they make a goofy clip-clop noise when they move. It changes from goofy to scary when it's the enemy making the noise, because a 7-movement shuriken/bow user with decent defensive stats is nothing to mess with.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Hahaha this is Corrin's worst S support and it's exactly what he deserves.

And we also get our introduction to the confusing nature of Deeprealms. Where did they come from? How do we get to them? Where do you find a team of people to raise your child for you in an alternate dimension and how do you pay them? Who cares, Deeprealms are just an excuse for child characters in a narrative that does not support their existence. I don't like ragging on these games too much, because there are plenty of people eager to do that already, but these past few updates have shown the worst of Birthright and you can't really ignore that.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Omobono posted:

We know what Pratchett had to say about people who talk/think with multiple punctuation marks.

Have kids mechanics changed? Because kids tended to be "parents but strictly better" in 4 and awakenings.

A child's growth rates are an average of their base growths and those of their variable parent, and their starting stats are based off of these averaged growths. Kids are no longer superhumans here, and can be screwed if you give them a parent with poisonously bad growths.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Lord Koth posted:

Seriously Azama, gently caress off. Never really used him in my own playthroughs as I both didn't need another healer and I didn't particularly care for the brief few bits of his introduction, but virtually every support being shown off for him just reinforces that impression and makes me like him even less.

Azama is the best character in the game.

Endorph posted:

by that standard every character in the game is bad, because they're all total monsters when it comes to their kids

Sounds right to me.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Tae posted:

That's the most generic of generic marriage summaries ever.
fates_summaries.txt

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Bench Mozu, show off the new characters.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

That is an absurd bundle of strength for a Lvl. 15 Corrine. Good thing your avatar is hitting better growths than in your Birthright run; Conquest isn't kind to mediocre units.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Ninja Laslow
Spear Fighter Corrine
Great Lord Peri
because she's good as one and it uses the same weapon classes as cavalier

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

It's nice to see that Charlotte absorbed Scarlet's excellent growths with that kill. From one axe woman to another, eh.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

I appreciate that Dark Knight horses wear the same silly skull head armor as their riders.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Edit: On second thought, Soleil to Dread Fighter and hold off on the Witch reclass for now.

Also reclass Corrine to Spear Master, because I lust for E-rank weapons.

ajkalan fucked around with this message at 00:13 on May 26, 2017

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

I love how Garon and Iago's plan throughout Conquest amounts to "We will make Corrin SUFFER, and as a result...uh, um...muahaha!" It's a touch absurd.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Personally I always saw Garon as a melty ice cream cone instead of goo.

I also like that he's still wearing his jaunty little crown and cape, turning into an ice cream sundae should not stop one from looking one's best.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Weeble posted:

You know, having given more thought to how poorly done the story is while reading the thread, and the way you wrote FIRE EMBLEM FATES: CONQUEST at the end there.....

FEDDOP, anyone?
Everybody betrayed me. I'm FEDDOP with this world!

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

I liked using these early Revelation chapters for raising one of those level 1 bond units I collected while playing through the other routes. Chapter 7 even has an open slot ready made for deploying a hopeful bond unit/captured generic, and it's not like they were ever going to see use otherwise.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Tae posted:

->

This is the worst Kaze I've ever seen

He picked up a point of defense so he's still better than my first Kaze :v:

Also, it's good to see a unit join the team with appropriate stats and level, even if that unit is Hayato.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Kagero. Maybe people will vote for the kid sometimes if he has good growth rates.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

That's probably the last we'll be seeing of Hisame. Have fun on the bench!

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Cythereal posted:

So if this is Cordelia, then the question is: which character is she so obsessed with that even her own children know about it, yet she has no supports with?

Morch

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Nyx. Accept no substitutes.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Tae posted:

I'm like 90% sure Nyx was chosen because of hair color.

Also access to the Dark Mage line, that's just as important!

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Oboro, because his kid made for a good Spear Master the time I did this.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Elise because I like her as the mother for this child even if statistically she's bad at it

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

inthesto posted:

Marry him off to Elise.

Yes, marrying Elise to anyone is pretty creepy, but Niles's kid will get some real interesting stats that you can't really pull off on anyone else.

Anna can perform a similar role, but yeah, among non-DLC characters Elise as the mother gives this kid a useful niche.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

This suggestion is a couple of maps late, but maybe change Sophie to Wyvern Lord, because you are woefully short on fliers.

• Locked thread