Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Four more posts to a new page, huh.

So are you planning to use female Corrin for Conquest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

I'm still not sure why the Nohr kids are so loyal to King Immabadguy when he's literally willing to murder their brother in front of them and basically threatened to murder them for not committing war crimes.

Well, it's understandable they'd be in denial about it. You don't break away from family ties so easily.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Dump Mozu, Drape Rinkah

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I haven't played Birthright, but Hayato seems pretty good to me? Bases are alright for a level 1, good growths, joins early enough, and if his Personal activates on a double, that's a hefty +6 damage. But I'm pretty sure I've read a lot of bad reviews about him, what am I missing here?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Corrin, you dumb poo poo, kill Zola already

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Badass middle-aged lady characters are cool, but rare, especially playable ones. More games should have them tbh

Also wow, 20% HP per kill is pretty good.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Apothecary seems like a really weird class to me. Archers already fill in the bow unit role, for one, and Apothecary's growths are meh, while their skills taper off in usefulness. Plus, despite being meant to be this self-buffing, self-sufficient fighting unit, their design just screams support/non-combatant. Feels like the whole class (and the whole line) could be scrapped and nothing would change.

One vote per person is probably going to make the votes really skewed, so multi-voting is better imo. But yeah maybe lower the number of votes.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Azura should probably get a Heart Seal at some point between the three runs, since as good Dancers are she's just gonna be doing the exact same thing in Conquest and Revelation LPs otherwise. And of course because 60/80/80 offensive growth, holy poo poo.

I'd like Azama to get a Seal in Birthright at least though.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Tae posted:

Why do you all dress that way?

"Functional" and "excellent for combat", is it, Kagero

Also Azama's supports are a delight.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Also probably because she's more mom than waifu

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Orochi :gonk:

8 SPD at level 18 is beyond horrendous.

e: wow, she literally only gained 1 point of speed since she joined.

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Mar 12, 2017

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

You can tell the writers were just like "look we've been dicking around and arguing with each other for months now but we need to turn in something like, tomorrow to get our paycheck, so we need to crap out something quick"

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I like the Mini Bow, actually, because sometimes you just need this unit to die but the map is too cramped to hit from 2 spaces away. I've used it a good couple of times.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Goddamn those Master of Arms animations are slickkk

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Leo's lines make me nauseous.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Azama is a witty, layered character, which is more than you can say than most characters in Fates.

Too bad we're only getting C-supports for the non-couples. Azama's C-supports are good for a brief chuckle but it's his later supports that make me really appreciate him.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

If you get the child units past a certain chapter, the Offspring Seals also give automatic D weapon rank in their promotions' secondary weapons, which is a godsend.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Considering what the Deeprealms are the distinction between older and younger siblings could get kinda blurry anyway.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Oh, that's not too bad. Almost natural, even.

E: ^lol

I dunno, the "boyfriend" context makes it more palatable for me personally.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Actually considering the whole kid business it's still pretty weird, nvm

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Midori's battle quotes are also A++ though.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

:geno:

It's like the dad's dumb sacrifice in Fallout 3, except ten times worse.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Endorph posted:

also ryoma is mostly just boring while xander is aggressively stupid

I'd say Xander is more willfully ignorant than straight up stupid but I guess we'll come to that.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Helen?

I mean, they're not fighting over Corrin for her looks, but it kinda fits if you squint a little.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Why is the dialogue so bad

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I tried to use Arthur in my run because I instantly loved his character, but Effie proc'd Speed nearly every single level... and he makes for a really good stat backpack for her. For the same reason I also made him a Berserker instead of a Hero. Sorry, Arthur, maybe someday I'll use you for real.

I also find it amusing that they made the playable male Fighter in Conquest wear tights under the class's usual corset and thong.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Bench Mozu, she's had her turn and Niles is the only archer you need.

I actually thought Conquest's dialogue is fun and shows off a lot more personality, and while the plot is kinda dumb at this point it was uh... forgivable. Sadly it steadily gets worse and worse until it just becomes plain dumb.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

like there was no way to make that justified other then i guess the writers wanting an ultra-realistic look at kids with abusive parents, which i have the strangest feeling wasn't the actual intent

That's kinda how I justified the plot developments (at this point in the game) yeah. I mean, regardless of whether or not the writers intended it that way, you can read it that way, and it makes Corrin's obtuseness regarding Garon (again, at this point in the game) understandable.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Yesss. :allears: This map was so, so fun to play.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

This map teaches you to love your prepromotes. Of course Camilla is kinda an anomaly in that she has ridiculous bases and ridiculous growths, but still.

I wish ballistas can actually KO instead of doing non-lethal AoE. Maps like this, I'll take 1 dead unit over 3 critical-HP ones anytime.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I hope Odin will make it through, he's pretty solid if he gets a couple of lucky level-ups like he did here. He's no Camilla or Xander, but his promotion bonuses can carry him far.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

And this is why Ryoma is an asshat.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Aw yes. Benny and Charlotte are my favorite characters in all of Conquest, even if they're generally mediocre gameplay-wise. (yes even over Arthur sue me)

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Actually, Gunter's level cap is 30, much like how Felicia and Jakob's level cap is 40. :eng101: They also gain exp as though they're unpromoted, I believe.

I wrote off Gunter when I got him, but now that I think about it, there are worse you could do with a team slot than a pair-up fodder that gives a massive offensive boost to one of your strongest characters.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Spend all stat boosters on Gunter.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

That's a pretty good Charlotte. When I tried to use her she kept only giving 1-2 stats per level and just couldn't catch up, so she instead became the queen of Nohr.

Also, it's not our fault the dancer also happens to be a sociopath. :colbert:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

This map :gonk:

I didn't think to use Xander that specific way. (though if I knew about it, I probably wouldn't have done it still) This map took forever and I felt drained after beating it.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

AriadneThread posted:

wait, what am i missing, why is speed on Effie bad?

Generals get the Wary Fighter skill that prevents both the attacker and the defender from making follow-up attacks. It basically makes Speed irrelevant for both parties.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I hate this map so much. The gimmick is bad and unfun enough, but the foxes' high crit rate means I agonized over a lot of my decisions because there were many situations like "ok i need to double this guy but there's a 12% chance i'm dying to the counterattack". And sometimes, that actually happens and I had to reset.

Oh and some of them also have Pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Conquest Chapter 19: Suddenly, Genocide

• Locked thread