Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

I'm bad; I'm just not born that way.

Tae posted:

The other thing about A+ is that one character initiating it does not take up the slot of the other character I.E. Ryoma A+ with Corrin, Corrin can still A+ with another guy like Kaze.

Correction: Nobody can A+ with Corrin; the only person who can get Corrin's extra class is their spouse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

Tae posted:

If anyone was in the Awakening thread, fire off any suggestions if voting for units can be changed instead of the usual "List literally every unit" method. I want to streamline this for the eventual point when characters can't keep up to be viable choices

Well technically they can be viable, but they'll end up being stuck to someone's butt for support pairs at that point.

I think Fedule had a good system for his PoR/RD LPs: Leave two or three slots per map up for a vote, give new units a map or two to show what they can do, and the rest can be from a core group of good units that you choose. And yeah, if characters don't get picked enough and get to the point where they can't keep up, don't list them as options anymore.

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

Maybe do a few appropriate level challenge maps to show new units and ask "hey, do we want to keep using [character], y/n?" until you get down to a reasonable number? I can understand not wanting to do any challenges, but it is a suggestion.

E: Though thinking about it, this wont' help with Conquest at all. Ask if the thread wants to use a character when they join with the option to override goonvote if they turn out bad? :shrug:

Melomane Mallet fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Feb 26, 2017

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

Or Orochi, who was also one of Mikoto's retainers.

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

Tae posted:

I'm also thinking of just rolling dice for marriages at this point because I haven't finished all the C Supports.

Picking marriages from a hat sounds like a great idea that will not in any way make your job as an LPer harder. :allears:

What I'm saying is you should totally do this.

Melomane Mallet fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Mar 18, 2017

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

Tae posted:

I'm going to alternate between child paralogue and story if it isn't obvious. Will make story seem a bit erratic, but I don't think it's that big of a deal. Unless you just want a straight run through of all of them at once.

Honestly, I'd rather you do them all right away. I know there's a least one that gets really difficult to keep the kid alive on if you wait too long.

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

AradoBalanga posted:

No, that won't happen. The reason for Owain, Severa and Inigo being in this game is explained in a two-part DLC, but since Tae doesn't have them on this file we won't be seeing them.

As for the actual update, note that Saizo said the "first born sons" traditionally take up the mantle of the name Saizo. One of the hiccups of marrying him to Azura is that this responsibility should technically fall to Shigure, since he carries Lucina's trait of always being the eldest child in any of Azura's marriages. Whoops.

But this actually isn't true? Shigure is the younger brother for Saizo, Ryoma, and Xander's kids and the older brother to everyone else. For all the things the game gets wrong with regards to the kids, I'm pretty sure it does get this one right.

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

AradoBalanga posted:

I don't see that mentioned in their sibling supports or anywhere else. But, leave it to Fates to not completely explain poo poo and expect the player to roll with it.

Although, blizzardvizard does raise an excellent point that thanks to the vaguely explained Deeprealms' concept of time, it is entirely possible for Shigure and Asugi to be twins, meaning the title of eldest child could have been settled via some other means like a coin flip.

It would have been A Thing in the Japanese supports, where a younger sibling would refer to their older brother as "Name-niisan" or just "niisan". It's not something that translates well into English, which is why it would look like it isn't addressed.

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

Tae posted:

I rolled a 5, which means in my convoluted chart, the next kid will be

Quick question: how are you determining which kid to do when? It seems to be father's order of joining so far; is that it?

I.E., Jakob, being our last joining dad, goes unmarried this playthrough?

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

AradoBalanga posted:

Yukimura is the one responsible for Azura's kidnapping by hiring Shura to do it. Because the best way to prove you are better than the super evil kingdom is to do the exact same thing the evil kingdom did, naturally.

To be fair, trying to force a hostage exchange to get Corrin back isn't that bad an idea. It's just Garon apparently didn't give enough of a poo poo about Azura to try and get her back.

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

Felicia and Arthur are made for each other, personality wise. I think their support is actually quite good too

Thiiiiiiis. I literally can't imagine them with anyone else at this point. Stats/minmaxing be damned.

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

Of the characters we currently have, Niles has dark mage and Effie has Troubadour.

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

Bench Mozu, we've already seen her in action. Let's see what our new Conquest characters can do.

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

Ninja Laslow

Don't care about the rest.

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

AradoBalanga posted:

Is that manga really focusing on Conquest or is it focusing on Birthright? I've heard both answers, so I'm not really sure.

The manga hasn't gotten to the decision point yet, but the foreshadowing seems to indicate Birthright to me.

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

Gravity Cant Apple posted:

Time to vote Gunter all of the stat boosters and then into every map for the rest of the game.

Fixed it for you.

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

The dice know what the people want. :allears:

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

In my run, she married Benny and three levels as a general to pick up Wary Fighter solved any speed issues she might have had.

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

My favorite kid. :allears: I don't care how hard his paralogue is.

Wallet Inspector posted:

Shiro's a decent unit at least. He wishes one of his parents could pass down Cavalier to him though. Camilla can give him Wyvern Lord for flying lance usage, but Camilla's genes are better elsewhere.

He can get cavailer from Friendship Sealing with Xander's kid.

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

blizzardvizard posted:

Y'know, I'm not surprised Ryoma is a Stereotypical lovely Dad.

Never played BR/Rev, but Shiro seems to be a pretty fun character from what I've read.

Going by the Japanese popularity poll, Shiro is the most popular Hoshido kid. As well he should be! He's also amazing from a game play standpoint, pretty much regardless of who his mother is.

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

I really like Kaden's supports with Setsuna.

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

Hana.

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

So I gotta ask, you are planning on picking up Corrine and Kaden's other kid at some point, yes?

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

We saw the female version. I was curious if you were counting the Kanas as the same kid or not.

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

Beruka.

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

Eh, Rinkah? Sure, let's go with that.

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

Oboro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

facepalmolive posted:

The Niles-Elise support was... surprisingly not skeevy. Good job Niles.

The English support cut some of Niles' innuendo, like where he complements Elise on her body in the C support.

• Locked thread