Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Elise is chipper. Anything beyond that is a bad case of reading wayyyyyy too much into things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wow, pink was not the hair color I was expecting for her.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rogue 7 posted:

I was just going through Fort Dragonwhatever in my own file, and I found that...the faceless never stopped spawning. I brought the B-team since they needed levels and supports, and I was able to promote 3 people and gained what must have been 40 levels throughout. Is there an actual limit, or could I have farmed until the cows came home?

Really wish you could get more than one support level at once.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Elise, Kagero, Orochi and Oboro are too good for this sinful game.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Playing through the first time I intended to go Nohr, and with how much the devs pushed Hoshido as the objectively correct choice I was perfectly happy to go team evil

Yeah, same here. Hoshido was the believable choice for normal humans so I decided to go with Nohr to see how that played out.

I'm still stuck on Flora self-immolating herself back in Hoshido-route. :psyduck:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tae posted:

I fixed it. Also next update almost done,I dunno why I responded.

Gotta get on the next page somehow.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It'd be really great if this game had some kind of blocking system so you could have the royals refusing to harm you and instead trying to defend against an attack instead.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tae posted:

...Why does Effie wear no pants

I told you already, we had to sacrifice a lot to give everyone feet and sick rear end attack animations!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Whoa now, don't go posting fanart and talking nice about the game. You might inspire me to make another playthrough of Conquest.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Camel Pimp posted:

Arthur is fantastic, which makes me sad because I've never liked him as a unit. I generally prefer the fighter you get later, if I'm gonna use a fighter at all.

Same. They're kinda liable to just pick up another unit and use them as a weapon, they turn out so well pretty much every time.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Crosspeice posted:

Good thing we hit them all with the blunt side of our weapons. And used our blunt magic. And our blunt dragon breath.

Hrm.

Oh sure, named Hoshido and Birthright characters can have their health depleted to 0 and say they're 'retreating' but to say you're not killing every generic is too far a stretch I suppose.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

oh jesus, this route was a mistake, we have to fight Oboro

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

LEGO Genetics posted:

Nyx awful growth rates just kill her in Conquest. She would at least be halfway decent in Birthright considering you could grind but Dark Mages already gave lousy hit rates and her paper thin defense makes sure her Pskill never gets used. A shame too because she has some good support conversations that we'll barely see.

I really doubt unit deployment is going to affect support conversations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ungulateman posted:

Owain is great, Severa and Inigo are pretty thoroughly average IMO. Severa is an interestingly flawed character except that they shunt all of her flaws onto mommy issues and Inigo's gimmick doesn't get enough examination.

I don't think bringing back the characters outright does the story any favours, and the Reincarnated Anagram Crew aren't much better, but it's not the worst issue at all.

They should have brought back Kellam and had nobody mention it at all :v:

Yeah, these aren't really the A-team of children characters for me either. Owain's the only good choice, IMO. I'd way prefer Cynthia over Inigo. Heck, I liked Kjelle a lot too. I do wish they'd gone all in on bringing back old characters though and someone's kid was just- no way to disguise it- Walhart.

Other preferred characters would be Henry, Gregor and the mighty Donnel.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tae posted:

I haven't physically aged in many years, but mentally I'm quite old.

Ah good, the manga acknowledges that Corrin's kinda dense as well.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tae posted:

Characters only appear one-note because they're spread thin across 20 different conversations that all assume that's your only support. The quality of them are pretty similar to previous FE games if you reduce it down to their 5 best each. Imagine if Haar was in a game that required every single conversation with everyone, he would be sleeping in half of them.

I kinda don't hate the idea of that since, from the games he was in, it'd probably just go 'Where's Haar? Oh, he's over there in [NONDESCRIPT LOCATION] trying to take a nap' And then they'd wake him up, he'd question why, they'd have a conversation and he'd go back to sleep. Same with Mia always being found training somewhere. Feels less like a gimmick and more like it's just they're thing. Or something. I dunno. I'm desperately trying to make excuses for why the older supports were better just cuz I'm not too hot on characters here.

Anyway, Beruka is generally excellent and I found myself having issues with Niles not gaining any strength more than anything.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tae posted:

Silsa and Nyx are out for the mission, possibly forever in the latter case cause wow her votes.

Silas

Tae posted:

Very annoying. She has Riposte, Certain Blow, and a Steel Bow that is 1-2 range. It's best to actually just let her attack and counter-hit her.

Yeah, so uh, anyone new to Conquest, get used to the enemies all getting sweet weapons that work like in previous games while you don't.

Tae posted:

Miracle and Vantage. Goddamn Kaze, why.

SweaterGear posted:

Quick correction: Kaze has Vantage and Heartseeker, not Miracle.

Tae posted:

Niles looks a Spirit Dust, which will probably go to Odin because Camilla has enough magic power thanks to her speed.

loots

Tae posted:

:psyduck: Is my file going to delete itself in the future?

I make liberal use of the My Castle thing to get people neat skills, bonus weapons and am currently recruiting great units with Aptitude so I can teach that to my guys and they're still not pulling levels this great!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Weeble posted:

So you see, Conquest is much harder than Birthright because on this path all your units are constantly sandbagging in order to not kill.

Always non-lethal, yes; even a non-lethal Lethality, should we promote Kaze to Master Ninja.

He just punches them in the throat really hard instead of cutting them.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Aesclepia posted:

This is another bad writing that really got to me. Like, why are you so ridiculously upset about the self-sacrifice of this old man who just said "hey it's ok I'd rather not get so old I go insane" when MurderDad said "you have to kill him". You weren't even this visibly upset that YOUR MOTHER died.

I dunno, she got so angry she transformed into a near-invincible dragon. I'd say that counts for something.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

The pots are color coded though?

The randomness of if you get a heal or stat boost.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tae posted:

So it's a reverse of Cheve, except I have way less troops and the houses are way down there to get treasures.

drat Conquest and their bizarrely tight deployment limits.

Mysticblade posted:

Nah, Laslow is also my favourite character in Fates. I like Selena a lot more than Severa too and Odin is still funny to me.

Scarlet's my favorite character. But, Kagero, Oboro and Orochi all all pretty great too, honestly.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nohr, the kingdom where pants are forbidden!

I don't care for Charlotte's gimimck that much but she's an excellent character gameplay wise. I like Benny's supports a lot more.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm starting to wonder if all those implied sparring sessions with Xander just beat the long-term memory right out of Corrine.

Also yeah, Conquest is the worst game, because they just murder the gently caress out of Scarlet.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm just gonna get it out there and say that I'm not a fan of Keaton werewolf transformation.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tae posted:

As I hope you noticed, Keaton being anti-beast is much better on Conquest because Sky Knights count as beasts. Keaton's biggest problem was that Wyvern enemies were common and not beasts, limiting his usefulness.

Kaden?

theshim posted:

And now we have Leo, the Worst Royal with The Worst Royal Weapon. Brynhildr's good and all, but it's nowhere close to the Fujin Yumi or the swords. And Leo is a huge letdown, he's mediocre as all hell.

Yet it's still more than all the girls got. :yum:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Well, Leo's whole thing is being the tactician of the group.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

These games got a lot easier once I realized that tonics all stack.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I on the other hand had no end of trouble with this map when I played it. I never bought a Levin Sword and I think my Corrin was promoted by then so that might've changed things.

Eventually I accepted being bad at Conquest and dropped it down to Phoenix.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 00:29 on May 6, 2017

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

AradoBalanga posted:

To be fair, if anyone from either Awakening or Fates was going to break the fourth wall, it'd be Owain hands down.

Anna

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I hope Shadows of Valentia turns out well. I'm sure they won't add my amazing idea to give characters with supports a little text bubble over their head when you haven't progressed into the C-Rank at least with them.

Also, that is a bizarre Charlote and Beruka. And how jarring it is to see a fallible royal again with Xander, after having the near-invincible Ryoma.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Corrine will obviously attempt to SPARE everyone.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This was another map I just relied on Phoenix mode to carry me through.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Put all the stat boosters sans Spirit Dust on Corrine.

People can't gently caress you over with votes that way. :v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tae posted:

I mean, rinkah worked out well in birthright

Well, yeah. But it's Birthright. You could've sold all of them and used tonics the rest of the game and you would've been fine.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tae posted:

Xander is such a hothead compared to Ryoma, who just lost his sister (again) and mother and kingdom capital...and just recently lost an ally in Cheve. And probably Orochi and Reina. And almost lost Kagero.

...Xander, why are you so hotheaded?

Ryoma had Mikoto

But Xander has Garon, Iago, and Hans. It's uh, not a good time.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

The problem with Xander is that from what we see he doesn't have a very good reason to be devoted to Garon, at all. You can see what they wanted to go for - a good man struggling to win his father's approval - but it never clicks because Garon is never portrayed as anything other than King Immabadguy

It would have worked a lot better if Garon became an evil guy only a few years back. Change the kidnapping scene to have Sumeragi trying to murder Garon instead, Garon wins the fight, sees Sumeragi's kid he brought with him but can't see a way to safely send him/her back and adopts them. Maybe give us some flashbacks to Garon and Corrin playing catch and Garon teaching Corrin respect for life or something, only for Garon to go nuts because he's possessed by that demon dragon thing, and now Corrin and the Nohr royals are trying to fight a token war with Hoshido while actually looking for a cure for Garon's madness.

Naturally, we got King Immabadguy instead, because the writers of this game aren't good at their jobs.

I would've also been down for Corrin being totally incompetent but managing to skirt by and succeed because the rest of the army's constantly shoring up his/her lack of common sense. A character 'leading' an army with good intentions but needing other people to contribute regularly sounds neat to me. Like, an entire game like the Ice Tribe rebellion.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Geostomp posted:

Isn't that basically what we already have? Corrin does not make good decisions. If anything, they seem to be dragging down the armies though incompetence almost as much as Garon does on purpose.

Well not particularly. Silas was putting in overtime during the Ice tribe subjugation and then that pretty much totally tapered off afterwards.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Huh, I didn't realize this was a gold mission. I just killed everyone cuz I could've used the levels. :v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

It's really loving jarring to go from Leo telling Charlotte "men have no right to define how women should act" to, well... this.

The dice have a cruel sense of humor.

Shei-kun posted:

Clearly, Leo is just really, really envious that his son pulls off the ensemble better than he does.

He can't abide by the fact that his son won't wear pants.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 18:16 on May 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

:shrug: News to me, I'm judging based on what I've seen from the update.

• Locked thread