Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
This couple is one of the closest this game gets to the eugenics of awakening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/8b/ae/64/8bae64d90004854be6a87ddc7a57b4c6.jpg

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Ophelia is one of the better reasons why Odin should be a Samurai as that allows her to start off with Astra.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The Awakening trio has the best reason for wanting to stick kids as far away as possible for they don't want their children to go through a repeat of all the poo poo they had to deal with.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Is it finally time to give out the witch mark yet?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

inthesto posted:

Sorcerers get bowbreakers, which in and of itself is a sufficient reason to not make Ophelia a witch.

Warp is a much better skills then bowbreaker.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The really cute one is the awakening conversation where it turns out that the real reason she doesn't want Owain to see it is that she has named her sword after him.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Ophelia as a witch

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

Witch Elise is a valid choice.

Keep Ophelia as Sorcerer until she learns Bowbreaker

And lose a healer? Also Bowbreaker is not a good enough skill to delay everything that the Witch brings.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

Elise is much, much better at the nuker role.

I made Elise a witch and Odin a strategist on my file and I regret nothing.

Ophelia is still a sorc mostly for the crit bonus but I'm thinking that changes soon.

How? Ophelia's personal skill increases her crit chance and when combined with the boost that the witch class gives allows her to just obliterate anything. Elise's personal skill has great synergy with being a strategist as when combined with demosile and the cap skill she is providing male units the equivalent of +7 defense/resistance and +3 Strength/Magic.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Three basic changes that would make everything better.

1. Less comically evil Nohr. Make it so that Hans is less of a psychotic bastard and instead make him a man who knows he on occasion commits horrific acts, but only because he has faith in his king and what he is trying to do. Iago needs a similar change and make his actions more driven by something like having issues with trust then because he has hard on for being a bastard. Garon is a king who through ruling a kingdom best with hardships has slowly started to lose his ability to act with compassion and so is basically fygm to everybody not in his kingdom. For Nohr itself just emphasis the issue with being in a place that is only a couple steps up from being a horrific wasteland.

2. More complex Hoshido. Make it so that they have their own issues when they do hosed up things. For example that whole mind barrier your mom had could be seen as a horrific tool of impression. In general make it a kingdom that is quite content with the status quo as they have all the good things whilst Nohr has jack poo poo.

3. Make the party actually competent. One of my favorite parts of Awakening was the trick with the gems they pulled off with Basilio as it proved that the party was actually competent and could actually succeed. So give scenes like that when Corrin/Corrine actually come up with a plan that works that does not resolve on dumb bullshit.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Is it okay if we talk about the support conversations between the Nohr siblings?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I love the supports between the Nohr siblings as it does an excellent job to explain why they were so close, as in they all got caught up in a war of potential successors and so with no love and support coming from their parents they instead rely on their siblings.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Avalerion posted:

Don't get why folks preffer conquest when it keeps pulling bs gimmicks like this. I've done both birthright and revelation on hard classic, but had to casual normal conquest and it was still a pain at times because of it. :D.

But then I'm also waiting to find out what's wrong with revelatiins once the lp gets there, I actually liked that path along with birtright.

Because we like a challenge? If you do a more aggressive push then you can clear this map before the tide of reinforcements hits. Anyway I am pretty sure that Hana in this map is one of the most dangerous enemy units you fight in the game.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
There is some reason for why Xander is so unwilling to break away from his father. I forget which support that mentions it but that the only reason why the infighting between Garon's mistresses ended was because the surviving children (the Nohr siblings) rallied around Xander. So in order to keep those who he cares most about safe he has to keep his position as strong as possible, for if that ever stops being the case then once again all the siblings are back on the chopping block.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Lets be fair though as surely everybody knows that Corrine is dumb.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Because it is time to start pairing of units from different nations.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I got to admit I did smile when Elise joined up.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Camilla

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Charlotte

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I think Beruka as a mother works better with another Nohr dad in terms of support conversations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Effie works quite well.

• Locked thread