Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
Seeing this LP has made me suddenly realize that I'd like a Fire Emblem or FE-esque game that's entirely steeped in the feudal Japanese fantasy setting, rather than using it as a weird East Vs. West thing. It probably wouldn't functionally change a lot, but I'd like to see how it could differ compared to the traditional western fantasy stylings. I'd want it to be more than just a reskin/slight tweaking of classes, like what I've observed so far from Fates, but I know I'm just fantasizing here.

I will say, though, that some of the weird stat-mod stuff that's going on with skills and weapons are kinda turning me away, but I will admit that it can add to gameplay and strategy depending on implementation. And I'm hoping Dragon Veins could end up more interesting than just "here's a weird gameplay gimmick on some maps only the Lord/select other characters can interact with!", but I'm also not expecting too much.

And on yet another note, holy crap Corrin is dumb and gullible. So far he seems to have believed every single thing anyone has ever told him, regardless of how farfetched it seems. The whole "everybody is claiming they're mah family" thing feels painfully contrived, as well. On the one hand it sorta makes me glad I ended up skipping Fates, on the other hand I'd like to try out some of the mechanical changes for myself and see them in action. Eh, maybe I'll remember to look into it when I have the funds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread