Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

I think the gameplay is great, but I think for the franchise the game itself is mediocre.

Still, I'm going to enjoy this LP. :)

Quick question, will we be allowed to discuss the things that are bad about this game when they come up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

I'm not sure if this is true or not, but did the script for the chapter change depending on whether you had the Birthright or Conquest cartridge plugged in? I remember something about the dialogue being more dubious on the Birthright version.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Sjs00 posted:

Let's just take the creepiest element of the Fire Emblem franchise the incest and dial it to infinity
Boy am I glad I stopped at Shadow Dragon.

It's because of that, I wonder if it'd be a good idea to LP Fates without spoilers if only to address that matter.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

I wish the artist for Iago had a parrot or mynah bird sitting on his perch. That would've made my day.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

I think we have free reign on who marries who until we reach the Conquest campaign.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

For another day for Saizo, and Rinkah could use the robe.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Fun fact regarding that Schroedinger's letter from Mother; almost every sibling gets this letter from Mom in their S Support excepting Ryoma. I'd like to think that every sibling just had that letter, clueless over why the hell their mother would give them a letter to begin with. Would've led to one hell of an awkward conversation.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

I think what has been explained about the deeprealms doesn't quite explain how they can be abused, and the implications that throwing children in these places leave, especially if this was available to everybody in the in-game world. On the top of my list is that with a deeprealm, you could literally raise an army in the course of weeks. Pop out a lot of children, thrown them in the deeprealm, teach them about warfare, combat, and unit tactics, then grab them from said deeprealm, arm them, and point them at an enemy force.

If the development team was smarter about that, we'd probably have every character in Nohr - if not almost every character - raised in a deeprealm to explain where their armies are coming from.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

I love the idea Hinoka has doubts about some other relationship, so she opens the letter...

and gets a huge explanation of how it's totally okay she wants to bang Corrin.

You'd also think that she would've remembered that Mikoto came to the royal household out of the blue and with Corrin in her arms with no explanation given. She certainly could remember how her siblings 'had to accept her' and how Hinoka had been unkind towards her.

Brief tangent: I don't think she was aware of her talking about the two of them not sharing the same mother, but Corrin certainly was... somehow... I've checked the C support conversation with her, and she makes no mention of this anywhere. It's out of nowhere that Corrin somehow knows this...

And not to spoil anything but this isn't going to be the first time that Corrin says something that comes out of nowhere

chiasaur11 posted:

Better yet, imagine Takumi opening that letter.

There needs to be a few panels dedicated to this point.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Xena perhaps?

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Ooh, wait. Name her Buffy.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Fun thing regarding that map, with good placement of your high movement units you could actually visit 4 of the 5 houses though it does come close. Unfortunately, the game has no such reward for going the extra mile and you'd be treated as if you visited the 3 with less EXP to feed to your units.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Tae posted:

So Azura is oddly enough already controllable, but it's pretty much death if she tries to venture out on her own. The one Samurai roams in a pattern that never attacks her if she just stays put.

Fun Fact: that Samurai is so committed to his pattern that as long as Azura is out of his range, he won't even home in on her once he sees her. And the way the map is laid out there are safe zones where Azura can hide in as the unit makes his patrol. You also don't need to worry about Azura being in his line of sight; he sees as far as he moves.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Oh god. So begins the longest 11 turns in this game.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

So begins the Mary Sue campaign.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Is Rinkah available?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Is Azura still available?

• Locked thread