Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

you guys haven't seen anything yet!

That said, I do like the map for this particular chapter, it's an interesting puzzle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Give the robe to Azura, and have Saizo sit this one out

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

this map is extremely annoying in both Birthright and Revelations

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Takumi is a god unit on the basis of the Fujin Yumi, because that bow also gives him Peg level movement. terrain really isn't a problem through much of the game, but its useful to have someone not suffer the movement penalty. Also, reclassing Takumi to Swordmaster gives him a unique outfit

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Archers are crucial to success in Fates, they got the best buffs in the game and are part of the weapon triangle. the strategy in this game relies the most on positioning too, and having someone to pick off an enemy from distance while also being ready in attack stance is big

like one that has decent strength or speed is pretty much a god :psyduck:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Scarlet is a character that definitely did not get a good chance to develop

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I've never not had Dread Fighter Rinkah turn out poorly, so let's see how she does here.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Say what you will about the timing of S supports, but they're always mushy enough to get a smile out of me. Music helps too, appropriately romantic and such

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

A certain plot detail is what bungles the entire story across the three games. Poor execution is the Fates' subtitle, honestly

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Elise is still the best character across all the games

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I think the Deeprealms could have worked in the plot if there was a rewrite in the way they functioned, but as they are they're terrible

Kiragi's a cool kid though, hard to believe that Takumi's his dad

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I think if they had taken the idea of different dimensional planes and expanded upon it it would have made more sense. Like the Astral Plane is where MyCastle is at, the Deeprealms are these weird pocket dimensions. maybe after the decision is made, the opposite side launches a huge attack that leaves many people displaced and Corrin moves his people into the Deeprealms until they can take back their land or something.

its something that really needed more time to make sense

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

if I was any good at art, I'd make a picture of Kiragi and Takumi riding the tank, with Kiragi happy as poo poo but with Takumi trying his hardest to not enjoy it. father-son bonding at its finest

I say keep the Tank Lad

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

your Corrin's poor stat gains just prove that F!Corrin is better, much like F!Robin was

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Hinoka would have made sense if she stayed back in Hoshido to defend the homefront, but ends up coming along for the final battle as a Karel type unit with crazy growths and stats. would have fit her character that she spent all this time defending her kingdom, but when it comes down to it, she's not gonna lose her sibling again. this would have required a touch of nuance tho, the writers couldn't have pulled it off I think

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I nominate Athena as F!Corrin's name, if only because I've never had one turn out to be anything less than a murder machine

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

jeez, and this is considered the better of the three plots. can't wait for the ultimate test of one's patience for a plot, otherwise known as Conquest

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

AradoBalanga posted:

Conquest has its flaws, but at least the gameplay is interesting and tries to do something with the game mechanics, in comparison to Birthright's braindead "Rout/Seize/Defeat Commander" maps. Even if a few maps towards the end of Conquest do get as frustrating as the plot itself.

I found that the early going in Conquest was great, it was really smart usage of the new mechanics and actually challenging, especially on hard. It did get hectic more towards the end.

Tae, are you going to be skipping the first five chapters and just get right to the route split?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

we're through the looking glass, people :allears:

Lancer is absolutely necessary for Conquest, but I've sometimes put my Corrin into Ninja for more debuffs

Carlosologist fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Apr 19, 2017

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I think one thing that this game suffers from is that almost all the units available to you are the royals and their retainers. There's no real sense of the people of Hoshido or Nohr, and the "war" is really just a squabble between the royals. you don't actually get to see the impact on the regular people, I say.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Felicia and Arthur are made for each other, personality wise. I think their support is actually quite good too

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

this chapter gave me fits until I decided to unleash Camilla on everyone. I also found that turtling as the reinforcements came in was a good strategy, as I was always able to secure the 10k and the Dual Club. everything else was just gravy

this is also probably one of the highlights, as there's multiple ways of solving this particular puzzle. Fun!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Selena turning the tables on Laslow was always a solid support for me, got a good laugh from me

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Folks, the train to crazy town has just departed

Revelations has one of the worst stories I've played, but it has some neat gimmick maps

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Let's Play! > Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation - How Did This Happen?!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Hisame is only good for the line "dive into the brine" but other than that he's kind of a waste

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

wow, I kind of want a Fates stage play now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I was surprised when I saw that some moms just completely tanked the growths for their kids. I don't think Awakening was as severe, so you could pretty much pair up any mom with any of the men and still get a battering ram of a kid

• Locked thread