Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Camel Pimp posted:

Copy-paste from now until the end of this LP.

That seems about right.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

CptWedgie posted:

What exactly did I say that deserves this response? :confused:

Yeah, TV Tropes is pretty reviled round these parts (perhaps unfairly, perhaps not) so using something that's verbatim from there and isn't really found elsewhere (such as "Insane Troll Logic") is going to get people here to immediately disrespect you, so it's probably best not to use any terminology from there if you don't want to be mocked or insulted. How these people recognise the terminology when they hate TV Tropes so much, I'm not entirely sure. If you want to know why that hate TV Tropes so much, I think there's a thread somewhere about it.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
You've got a bunch of pictures that have the male rather than female avatar face there. Other than that, yeah, this is shaping up to be dumb. Faceless with poison strike though? Scary.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Anyway, I think it's safe to say that what happend in the birthright path is that Kilma got loving murdered and that's why Flora was so terrified of Garon. He had already made a rather brutal example.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
By the way, Tae, I notice that for character intros you're often (though not always) using their Hero's art rather than their official art from when fates was released. Mind is I ask what makes you decide when to use their Hero's art and when not (where applicable, those who don't appear in Hero's obviously have no Hero's art).

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Last Celebration posted:

Virtually none of the characters who aren't on the cover ever had their official art released, the official website just has the mugshots for them. It exists, because Niles' showed up in the first Heroes trailer and I saw one of Oboro, but it's not readily available or whatever.

Given that he used Arthur's and Kaden's official art (for example) I don't think that's the reason.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Cythereal posted:

I remain bewildered by Nintendo's choices of characters to bring back from Awakening. That or I clearly have very different tastes from the series' fanbase. Severa would have been near the bottom of the heap of characters to bring back for me, alongside the likes of Tharja.

It was based on a popularity poll (possibly a Japan only one?) if I recall. For the Second Gen, Severa, Inigo and Owain (and Lucina I think, but they couldn't bring her here because... she's too plot important? I don't really know) were at the top. For the First Gen, it was Gaius, Cordelia and Tharja.

In short yes, as Tae said, different tastes. As a matter of curiosity, which characters did you like?

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Tae posted:

Voting will end in an hour. I'm going to take the votes as a sign to take Nyx onto the bench immediately because she almost literally has double of the next character.

But I believe that you are—emotionally— quite fragile.

I don't know why, but I find the fact that Beruka considers strangling someone a practical use of a necklace hilarious.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

Even dying of alcohol poisoning won't make this game's story look good.

How about crack overdose then?

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Is it me or does Leo appear to be one of the only characters with a brain?

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Gunter's back. Huh. Well, once this is done with I guess we'll see how he's alive. I guess falling down that canyon somehow sends you to another world or something? If so, what would have happend if Lilith hadn't saved Corin? Would Corin have followed Gunter here? Eh, whatever, we'll see in due course I guess.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Last Celebration posted:

Being as slow as a knight is actually okay when you have way more speed than Benny and defense on par with the other tanks though? Not sure how you can call that badly, but that's just me.

Some people are just allergic to slow units.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
I just noticed something, in Birthright, Camillia was next in line of succession, but abdicated on the basis she didn't really want to do it and thought Leo would be better at it (which means succession is eldest child), whilst in Conquest, Hinoka notes that Takumi would have been next in line, this means that Nhor is oldest child inherits, regardless of gender, whilst Hoshido is oldest son, unless there are no sons.

I'm not quite sure what to make of that...

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

PassingPie posted:

So all that stuff about Azura singing too hard was bullshit? If the reason Azura dissolves (or disappears) at the end of the first two games is because she lets something slip out that she shouldn't have, then that's a genuinely interesting twist. I'm gonna have to reread those updates because I didn't notice a drat thing.

I'm gonna guess it's not bullshit, and that both things would make her dissolve.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Well, at least Kagero is still a good unit? And hey, it looks like we could get to keep Scarlet in this path!

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Lord Koth posted:

To put this in perspective, there's a DLC chapter that explains why our Awakening trio is here. I believe Tae said they don't have said chapter, but I'll put this under spoilers, and not go into specifics, in case I'm misremembering.

They were given a way to dimensionally travel here after they volunteered to help this world resolve its issues. Yes, they're aware of Valla. Specifically, they're informed Corrin is the key to solving the dispute, so they need to watch over and help him/her, thus why they join Nohr and apparently prove their skill enough to become retainers. No timeline is given, but it's highly unlikely they've been in Fates for more than a year or so prior to the game. There's also no indication of brainwashing or memory erasure. Isn't it great that in Birthright and early Revelations they do the exact opposite of helping Corrin, going so far as to always fight to the death against them in the case of Laslow (in Birthright)? Not that their actions in Conquest are any better at resolving the issue, but at least it's not actively against it. Did I mention that resolving those issues are the only way they get a portal back?

I get the feeling the DLC idea to explain why they were here was made and thought about after they had already put them in the game. Essentially, they decided to put them in game, made the game with them in it, then tried to justify why they were there.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
The fact that Garon has gone extra insane early comes of as both really random, dumb, and oddly hilarious to me. I also like how Leo is like "uh dude, this might be a problem"

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Well, Fuga looks strong. 29 DEF and Strength and 25 Speed looks like a potent combination. Enough Def to take little damage, enough speed to not get doubled, and enough strength to hit hard.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
"oh no, the villagers are rushing the enemies!"

I like how for once it's acknowledged the friendly units are being totally suicidal.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
At least Sophie is able to find the bright side of being a hyperbolic time chamber baby?

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
So, Ryoma is incredibly negligent, whilst Xander may have slightly overdone it from the sound of the reports and stuff, but at least he actually tried despite the "leaving child in a deeprealm" thing. That the long and short of it?

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
I find how hard Xander tries to be a good dad in contrast to Ryoma's total failure oddly hilarious for some reason. It makes me want to see them talk about how they treated their son's together, I'm imagining Xander finding Ryoma's failure to tell Shiro that Hoshido exists horrifying. "Your son, future prince of Hoshido, didn't even know that Hoshido exists. What were you thinking man?"

And Shiro meanwhile tells Siegbert that he wished his dad was someone he could have such incredible respect for.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Eh, whatever, Rinkah.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Cythereal posted:

So, looks like we have the entire cast of Little Red Riding Hood distilled into one character.

I understand how Velouria is the wolf and little red riding hood combined, but how is she also grandma and the lumberjack? I guess the hair for the grandma and her strength growth for the lumberjack?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Oboro

• Locked thread