Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
Wait a minute, I thought the different paths were sold separately? How does offering the in-game choice work, then?

Or wait, do Conquest and Birthright not have the option, but Revelations does, maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
So, I've been following this but largely been skipping the between-updates chat (largely due to only checking this once a day usually, and gently caress reading through 70+ replies in one sitting when I do), but I've been looking through the thread just now, and I've been trying to keep track of a few things... did Hana get quietly permabenched at some point? As far as I can tell, Tae never said anything about it, but hasn't been getting voted out, and yet hasn't been attending the chapters, either. Most other Permabenchers got announced when they received that dubious honor, but there was no mention of Hana getting dropped.

Not that I have a problem with it precisely, I'm just curious for the sake of keeping track of these things because DON'T ASK QUESTIONS I JUST FELT LIKE IT

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
Ha-hah! Return of the collar joke! I really hope there's more of that in Conquest. Leo's reaction is great.

And I am... rather ashamed to admit I genuinely did not see Elise's death coming. All the talk of death flags, I thought you were just talking about Xander and Corrin going in for a one-on-one duel to the death.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
If nothing else, there's one thing Conquest's writing does well:

You really get to share in how INFURIATING it must feel at being so helpless to oppose King Murder Dad's rear end in a top hat orders.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

EponymousMrYar posted:

Boy howdy I sure bet everyone is regretting the plan 'win the war as nice as possible despite it being war and being the only people who care about not complete destruction instead of throwing a coup on Murderdad.'

Eh, playing Devil's Advocate in defense of this, at least a little; the Nohrian Siblings probably have the best idea out of ANYONE just how powerful Garon really is. Let's be realistic here. Would YOU be willing to fight him? If the answer is yes, congratulations, your insides get to decorate a roughly ten-foot radius of floor.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

EponymousMrYar posted:

Counterpoint: I'm a Freakin' Dragon.
That's at least putting me at 50/50 odds without sibling backup. With them it's kind of a sure thing.

Wait what do you mean 'what do you mean you're a freakin' dragon?'

Counter-Counterpoint: The end of Birthright taught us that he's a FAR BIGGER Dragon than we are.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
Frankly, the "Nohrian Royals obey Garon because they believe it's physically impossible to beat him" thing is already my headcanon. We saw in Birthright that he is, in fact, obscenely strong - if Xander, for example, had ever seen him at even a fraction of that strength, it's not unreasonable that he'd doubt anyone's ability to kill him. And if Xander says someone can't be killed, the other Nohrian siblings are likely to follow suit.

Since the throne is supposed to reveal their true nature, I figure the idea is MORE than just "show them he's an rear end in a top hat" - they already know this. But by showing it's gone FURTHER than that, and he's actually become a literal demon, they gain the motivation to try regardless. And as a bonus, by revealing his true nature like that, it DOES weaken him - he will likely lose any semblance of sanity, reason, strategy or skill that would make the raw power he holds so dangerous. He's still an obscenely powerful foe, but one that is no more intelligent than a wild beast.

I say this having never seen anything more of Fates than what I have been shown in this LP.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

Avalerion posted:

I think in that case, revealing that he's a dragon should just make them even more afraid to fight him.

Well, it wouldn't give them much of a choice - and besides, they should know about that already, shouldn't they?

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

W.T. Fits posted:

At this point, I'm expecting something stupid is going to happen that will prevent Murderdad from sitting in the drat chair, which is going to make everything we've done up to this point completely meaningless.

I think we're all expecting this.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
I won't lie, neither Robin or Corrin ever felt like a self-insert to me. They have too much of a defined personality. We get to name them and fiddle with their stats and appearance a bit, but the character is the character.

We may as well be able to adjust Eirika or Lyn's appearances.

Now, Mark in FE7? HE was a self-insert. The characters address him by looking right at the camera/player, and Mark is never given any sort of personality or dialogue - it's all up to the player.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

Tiebreaking vote for Corrine, unless Ariadne locked in Setsuna.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
Guys, a friend of mine has linked me to the answer.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/6rf8n3/fire_emblem_wild_theory_thread/dl54m8l/?st=j5y4g4ll&sh=d3b54ed0

(if there are spoilers in there besides names of characters we haven't seen yet, I don't recognize them, so uhh... lemme know?)

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
I... wait.

I don't see a green unit on that map.

Is she an enemy unit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
Fair enough. I suppose I'm not really surprised by it. I was just half expecting them to be trying to maul her for being dumb enough to summon the drat things.

• Locked thread