Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

So if Anankos has direct control over Nohr's king, and everyone in Nohr is too much of a spineless coward to oppose Ganon, what does he get out of destroying Nohr rather than just joining Nohr's military to his own and launching a war of conquest? Hell, he could probably just bribe the Nohrians with food from Valla and the opportunity to emigrate/travel to his much less crappy kingdom and there's a good chance he'd get the country behind him.

For an invisible hand behind the scenes his plans sure are dumb.

From what I've read, there are explanations for these questions. Not necessarily good ones, but explanations at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

AradoBalanga posted:

Unfortunately, the final product only affects enemies...

To be fair, I don't think they could do the "promotion toggle" gimmick for player units in the same game as a "branching promotions" mechanic. For one thing, they'd have to keep track of your units' base classes, plus the class you want them to promote to (unless you want to randomly find yourself in the OTHER promotion for your base class, and thus quite possibly helpless depending on your equipment setup and class combinations- a prime example being if a Strategist wound up as a Maid), PLUS your level, and probably a half-dozen other things on top of all that. Much more practical to just make it ignore your guys.

Granted, there are a ridiculous number of things wrong with Fates, but I feel that this particular gimmick only effecting enemies is not one of them due purely to that "practicality" thing.

Anyway, I'm honestly a bit surprised that Corrine thought to leave a note before wandering off alone, since she hasn't shown herself to be smart enough to do that sort of thing before. I mean, the "wandering off alone" thing is par for the course, but this is not the sort of story where anyone has backup plans.

• Locked thread