Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

RareAcumen posted:

Yes, for levels this big, in-map saves should always be there.

Or Mila's Turnwheel. drat, is that one of the most amazing things to come out of Echoes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

ungulateman posted:

As usual in Fire Emblem, character names can change fairly significantly in translation in order to try and communicate an idea better.

My personal Fates favourite is 'Zero' becoming 'Niles', as in 'nihil'.

Wait, I thought it was supposed to be 'Niles' as in 'Nil'.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Endorph posted:

the name changes in this game are kinda bad. not that name changes really matter but, uh, subaki.

To clarify: He was originally "Tsubaki".
Other changes:
Eng -> Jap
Keaton -> Flannel
Kaden -> Nishiki
Ryoma -> Ryouma
Xander -> Marx
Leo -> Leon
Corrin -> Kamui
Azura -> Aqua
Jakob -> Joker
Kaze -> Suzukaze
Mozu -> Mozume
Shura -> Ashura
Fuga -> Fuuga
Kagero -> Kagerou
Azama -> Asama
Hana -> Kazahana
Reina -> Yuugiri
Rinkah -> Rinka
Hayato -> Tsukuyomi
Scarlet -> Crimson
Laslow -> Lazward
Peri -> Pieri
Selena -> Luna
Effie -> Elfie
Arthur -> Harold
Benny -> Benoit

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Oh, just realized I forgot a few child characters. I won't spoil any we haven't seen, but...

Eng -> Jap
Kana -> Kanna
Forrest -> Foleo
Asugi -> (This one's kind of confusing. My sources say it should probably be Gurei, but that romanizes out to Grey. Gurei is also an anagram of Gaius's original Japanese name, Guire.)
Midori -> Midoriko
Kiragi -> Kisaragi (Fun fact: When I saw that name, the first character who came to mind was Jin Kisaragi from Blazblue who is... not like Kiragi in any way, shape or form.)
Percy -> Lutz

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Endorph posted:

why didnt they name him usagi

probably because that's primarily a girl's name (not that boys can't be named Usagi, it's just less common. Like guys being named Bridget.)

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Extra Tasty posted:

except usagi is a name..........and asugi is not?

Usagi: Technically unisex, primarily for females.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Last Celebration posted:

So it's basically Ashley then?

Or Bridget.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I always just used Kaden as a Peg Knight-like role. He's got the speed, skill and resistance of one.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
*Raises glass of wine* To randomness! And to FE Switch being way better than this piece of poo poo!

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Someone stick a fork in me, I'm done.

And the worst part is that I have officially lost all faith in the possibility of FE Switch being a good game because of Fates. Congrats, IS.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

cheetah7071 posted:

Echoes is good though

Yes, this is true, but it's a remake of an existing game with an established plot. It also wasn't perfect. Still good. Just not enough to raise my hopes for FE Switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Dwyer is even funnier if you have a mother with black hair, because then he ends up looking EXACTLY like L from Death Note.

• Locked thread