Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Ah, I love this game. Just found the thread.

Curious as to what you're going for with that Boon/Bane/Samurai combo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
I initially wanted to make My Castle pretty and well laid out; full of heal tiles, forests and whatnot.

By the end of my playthroughs I'd always scrapped everything that wasn't a shop in order to fit MORE STATUES.

It was almost like having Limit Breaker, but man was my base dull to look at.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Guess I've always just gotten lucky with Hana, as she's always turned out great for me...

I just fed her every Hp and Def item I could. Fixed her right up.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Archer/Sniper Mozu is a one-shot killing machine. Especially if you grab one of the skills off of Master of Arms and Dread Fighter to go with it... although at that point it's just hilarious overkill.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Drop Saizo

Seraph Azura

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Hayato has always turned out decent in my playthroughs... but really, using Hayato is not the reason most people use Hayato.

Diviners have really neat animations.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Played all 3 paths to exhaustion, but still never tested this:

How do Takumi and Ryoma's PSkills react to both units being at the level cap?

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
I have literally never used Reina... or Kinshi Knights.

Every time I get to this chapter I put Reina in a corner of the map where she won't draw aggro. No exp for her.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Never really used Scarlet much. The Killer Axe is great though.

Never really used Ryoma much either; wanted the game to still have SOME challenge.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Azama and Corrin

Look, Corrin clearly wants to be speedy, so let him be speedy. Give him some of those swords you've got; take pressure off Silas. I also want to see how beefy Azama gets.

Not voting for Azura, as I want her to get one of the DLC classes; same with Mozu.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Daniela was the first character I ever bothered to capture. I then proceeded to never use her.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
My very first Birthright run, Sakura gained so much more Strength than Magic that Priestess made her a stronger fighter than Onmyoji. She was on par with Takumi.

She has never gotten anywhere close to that in any of my subsequent runs.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
The rewards are all awesome though. Well worth it.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Dread FIghter Rinkah.

I still like her, she already knows how to use Axes/Clubs, and it will give you another debuffer.

The Boosts + DF should be more than enough to fix all of her problems, and it's not like anyone else needs the class.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Go Rinkah! Not a single disappointing level. Glad to see the redemption is paying out.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Hoshido Noble is an excellent class, entirely for its second skill. That +10% skill activation is just straight up added on after all other calculations.

Have 10 skill and Luna? Your Luna has a 5% chance to activate. Add Hoshidan Unity to that and you now have a 15% chance to get Luna off with your measly 10 skill. Well worth getting, and it synergizes perfectly with another skill for shenanigans.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Just use random.org.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Kind of a miracle the children care about 'parents' that they only see once or twice a year, if that.

Time Chamber babies is so, so dumb.

Kana is great though.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Well, since we banished Ryoma, we could do with a good Swordmaster.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Rinkah's growth in HP is because she was inspired by Corrin's dedication to Speed.

Oh Master Ninja, you and your Lethality. Combine it with Hoshidan Unity and Quixotic for fun and profit. Skill doesn't matter at that point.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
I almost always (90%~) use the Offspring Seals. Saves thousands of gold on Master Seals.

This chapter is fun... as long as you don't screw up and send your mages down the RES side and your physical units down the DEF side; then it gets challenging.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
I mean, it's not like you need the exp that dragging it out would offer, and a 1 turn win WOULD be hilarious to see.

I say do it.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Midori always turns into one of my best.... thanks to always having Mozu for a mother.

Gotta love that Aptitude.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
First time I ever did this mission I did not know the house being destroyed wasn't a failure condition. I also wanted to train up some lower level units/work on those S rank supports.

It turned the map into an interesting puzzle; racing against the clock with a rather weak team.

SO many resets.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Let Kiragi keep his tank, and get boots.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Wow; I never really paid it much attention, but your Corrin has awful Strength for a level 10 Hoshido Noble.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
I always give the Hagakure Blade to Hana. It lets her pretend to be a GBA Swordmaster with how dodgey she gets.

She will die immediately if anything ever connects, but rocket tag is fun.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Karen.

Because I am boring.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Arthur's greatest use is as a pair of pants for Effie. He gives her a lot more strength, helping her PSkill, on top of keeping her from being susceptible to Dual Strikes. Pairing them like that is why I was able to win one of the more infamous Conquest chapters.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Oh boy, Conquest map 10. This was where Effie really shined for me on my first playthrough. I gave her Arthur as a pair of pants, and she just held a choke-point for the whole map. She ended up nearly ready for promotion.

As for Nyx; I like Nyx. There's ways to fix the accuracy problem, and her magical nuking potential is great. I usually make her a Witch or a Dark Flier.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Oh Selena/Severa, such a good unit.

I always end up making her a Great Lord via the free DLC map. Always.

This map is fun.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Anagram Tharja is still great.

I like the support she has with her mother, and the (Japanese) support with Female Corrin.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
So you see, Conquest is much harder than Birthright because on this path all your units are constantly sandbagging in order to not kill.

Always non-lethal, yes; even a non-lethal Lethality, should we promote Kaze to Master Ninja.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
My favorite support with Peri is probably with Jacob.

Anyway, glad we finally have all the Awakening retainers on hand.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Great Lord Selena
Lodestar Laslow

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Very glad to see Charlotte getting some excellent levels; she's one of my favorite characters.

It's somewhat easy to get her to a 100% crit rate, which is hilarious.

Benny.... I have literally never used Benny outside of this map. Just don't care for him. Also, I was using a male Corrin that I didn't pair with a Corrinsexual, so one of the dudes had to forgo a wife/being used at all.

Sorry Benny.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
I know you rolled dice on all the S ranks previously, but you gotta put Odin and Elise together. Elise is the best mother for that child, for several reasons.

As for why Odin's still on the team: Getting his child onto the team. At least, that's why I've never voted to bench him.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Get Odin's daughter; make her the DLC class

Preferably with Elise as the mother.

Also: Shore up weaknesses

Weeble fucked around with this message at 00:35 on May 11, 2017

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
See, Xander's reaction at the beginning to his 5-stat level up was this:

"It was good, but still not good enough to make me Ryoma."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Huzzah! Ophelia with her proper mother.

Mostly because of the hair color.

Now all that's left is to make her the female-only DLC class.

• Locked thread