Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Gonna be checking out these patches tonight or tomorrow, and will hopefully dive into making something awesome of my own.

I've actually got a fair bit of sound design ahead of me for an indefinite period of time (working on a quirky indie FPS), so I'm hoping Serum can really help me out with what I want to so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Trig Discipline posted:

Holy poo poo did you just get here from 1997? I have so much to tell you.

Ha, I was just about to say something similar, then I remembered that I was using ICQ for work up until last June. And I only stopped because I moved departments, those fools are still using it. :stare:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Quick 'recipe' question; Is there a way that I could get a arpeggio-like portamento slide? For example, instead of it being a really smooth glide from one note to whatever's next, I want it to sound as if each note is specifically being hit. So, I guess the portamento would only occur through semitones, rather that literally every frequency, thus to give it that sort of arpeggiated sound.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

MrSargent posted:

I'm assuming you have tried tweaking the "Porta" knob on the bottom right of the Main Screen?

Yeah, and the only way I can recreate the sound I'm talking about is to turn it all the way down, set it to mono, and literally play the notes themselves. I actually don't think I'm able to so this, just within Serum, but I figured I'd check here.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

MrSargent posted:

Sorry, that was my only guess for doing that just in Serum. For what it's worth, this can be done pretty easily using Serum + Cthulhu. Cthulhu isn't that expensive and it's the best arpeggiator I have used.

Thanks, yeah that was my next option. Might just pick it up soonish.

• Locked thread