Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Tayter Swift posted:

Picked Serum up last night after watching the Steve Duda videos. Fun but Jesus, this is like choice paralysis defined. What are there, like 140 wavetables, with a zillion ways to manipulate them? I'm finding it hard to know where to start with a patch really, apart from the basic 'uh I want a pad so long ADSR' stuff you do with every synth.

Wait until you start making your own tables!

Nice job OP, I've gone in and created a few more folders to match the default Serum preset folders. So there'll be Bass, Bass (Hard) and Lead in there now. I'll start uploading a few of my commonly-used presets as I come across them.

well why not fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Feb 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Can't wait to see all our presets show up in a paid sample pack!

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I think we could probably just add a sound design folder that we can just dump awful over-distorted basses into for fun. I, uh, have quite a few.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

do you use Splice? if you chuck something quick up on there (or in a google drive folder) I'll take a look and see what happens? Can't promise much but I really would like a collab to happen!

well why not fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Feb 18, 2017

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

MrSargent posted:

I have only used Splice to download plugins and samples but not to upload yet. Do you use Ableton? I could upload the Project file or bounce some stems if that would be better. I have a couple ideas that might be fun.

yep, ableton 4 life. just 'collect all & save as' and we can be cooking.

• Locked thread