Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eric Danger
Jan 15, 2017

Evangelist of Atheism
I've been wishing I had something to work on that didn't require me to do any composition, but there are a couple of problems that might make a successful collaboration a minor miracle (and I don't even believe in Jebus). One, I don't use Ableton; I use Sonar (Platinum). Two, I'm terribly unreliable - I have both schizophrenia and ADHD. I could probably do something that only required sound design on my part. That was what first got me interested in music production and remains my favorite part of the process.

I know you, MrSargent, listened to my "Opus 666", since you were the only one out of a triple digit number of listeners who commented on it. I'm an avid Serum user, and I'd like a good reason to do more exploration of its capabilities. Maybe I could do sound design for a collaborative project.

You can find my soundcloud here https://soundcloud.com/eric-danger

Edit: Now that I've slept on it, I find that I'm not as interested as I thought I was...so...never mind.

Eric Danger fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Feb 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric Danger
Jan 15, 2017

Evangelist of Atheism

MrSargent posted:

Dude the bassline in Fascination Street is incredible. I would definitely do something with a bassline like that.

I wish I could take more credit for that, but it was actually a Massive factory preset called "Pluck Bass". It was so perfect for the part that I barely even tweeked on it. No need to reinvent the wheel.

Eric Danger
Jan 15, 2017

Evangelist of Atheism

MrSargent posted:

Would love to work with you too! I'll have another look through your catalogue and see if there are any sounds that I would like to build upon or use in a track. I imagine that I could send you an arrangement or something and then you could record your sound to a wav file for me.

Hit me up on ICQ sometime. It's in my profile.

• Locked thread