Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Holy poo poo what a loving ride. Saw it yesterday and it was just as good, if not better, than the first movie. Keanu just murders so many dudes. What does everyone else think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

It was dope op. I liked the bit with the pencil.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I really liked it. Def on the same level as the first. Should've been called "John Wick 2 Hours of Relentless Slaughter"

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012
It owned so hard and it was amazing

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

:yeah:

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Can we talk about that guy that got stabbed in the taint?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

plz dont pull out posted:

Can we talk about that guy that got stabbed in the taint?

That was fuckin gnarly. Not only stabbed, but he ripped it open it looked like.

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

CHILD RAPE IS FINE WHEN I LIKE THE RAPIST
The taint shot was loving brutal.

I liked the sequel, but IMHO it wasn't as good as the first movie. Keanu obviously did his prep work for running the guns, but the storyline was lacking. Sure, him shooting badguy after badguy in the face was great, and the judo / jujitsu was great and all... but it needed more closure instead of an obvious cliffhanger

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Yeah this film was badass as for the rather lackluster ending, they are kind of hoping for a part 3 to make this a trilogy hence the cliffhanger ending. I can kind of forgive them that. Also loved Peter Stormare's little bit at the beginning of the movie.

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Pussy Quipped posted:

That was fuckin gnarly. Not only stabbed, but he ripped it open it looked like.

Then you get Common who sees that and is like "Yeah, I wanna fight this dude"

Like seriously just cut your losses. Think of your taint.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Does he kill more dudes in this one or the first one

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

this one

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
if the infographs I've found are accurate then more in 2

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Escobarbarian posted:

Does he kill more dudes in this one or the first one

It had to be over 100 bodies for 2

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
David Patrick Kelly was in this but I must blinked and missed it, what scene was he in.

Also I loved Franco Nero showing up as the manager of the Roman Assassin Hotel

The world building they do in these movies is insane and puts everyone to shame

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

loving loved this movie. my friend and i were debating over what the best kill was over beers. i wanna see it again and thats a rare feel for me

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

when he spears a dude with the shottie and manually loads in a shell to bore it into his chest at point blank i wanted to stand up and clap

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

extremebuff posted:

when he spears a dude with the shottie and manually loads in a shell to bore it into his chest at point blank i wanted to stand up and clap

my theater was full and there were a couple woops and claps

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

extremebuff posted:

Me in counter strike guarding the tunnel in dust two

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
One of the absolute greatest action movies of all time.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Black Baby Goku posted:

Me in counter strike guarding the tunnel in dust two

that gun is the XM auto shotty in counterstirke lmfao

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I only wish the movie had ended a little bit earlier. I thought it would be perfect after Keanu goes on his whole tirade about how he'll kill everyone and the guy replies with "Of course you will!" we just smash cut to "JOHN WICK WILL RETURN"

That would have been :discourse:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

hes going to kill everyone on the planet and live happily with his good dog

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

WampaLord posted:

I only wish the movie had ended a little bit earlier. I thought it would be perfect after Keanu goes on his whole tirade about how he'll kill everyone and the guy replies with "Of course you will!" we just smash cut to "JOHN WICK WILL RETURN"

That would have been :discourse:
I love how happy/proud Winston was despite that meaning Wick is going to basically kill of his superiors

Also I love that Julius was really paranoid that John was in Rome to assassinate the Pope. God I love that Franco Nero is showing up in more movies these days.

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Feb 14, 2017

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
This must be the first movie to ever get everyone excited as gently caress by focusing on a pencil lying on a counter.

Dude should have skipped the crossword that day.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gyges posted:

This must be the first movie to ever get everyone excited as gently caress by focusing on a pencil lying on a counter.

Dude should have skipped the crossword that day.

How quickly we forget the Joker's greatest magic trick...

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

In Training posted:

John Wick's pencil murdering abilities make Joker look like a neutered chihuahua

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

This movie succeeded at expanding the world and upping the stakes in a meaningful way that few sequels accomplish.
We all know what JW3 will be about and I cannot wait!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

In Training posted:

The Dark Knight had the Joker carnival bark your attention to the pencil. John Wick quietly put the camera focus on a simple number 2 laying on top of a paper.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Holy poo poo this movie was loving sick as hell. That loving sequence with the sumo/violin/other assassins was amazing

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I liked it a lot, I don't think it was as good as the first but a lot of that stems from this one being a setup for the third more than a self-contained film like the first. The villain was kinda lame too, but they made up for that with "John Wick vs New York."

Good stuff, looking forward to #3.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I watched the first one last weekend and this one tonight, and I liked how even more insane and over the top this one was compared to the first. Will John Wick join the Fishburne homeless mafia in 3?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

achillesforever6 posted:

David Patrick Kelly was in this but I must blinked and missed it, what scene was he in.

Also I loved Franco Nero showing up as the manager of the Roman Assassin Hotel

The world building they do in these movies is insane and puts everyone to shame

poo poo was he? Imdb said he was Charlie and I've no drat idea who that was.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Shoehead posted:

poo poo was he? Imdb said he was Charlie and I've no drat idea who that was.

He's the Cleaner that Wick calls after the guys attack him at his house.

EDIT: Thought this was the John Wick 1 thread when I posted, but yeah that's him in the first one.

girth brooks part 2 fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Feb 19, 2017

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Finally saw this and it was so goddamn rad. But I was the only one in the cinema reacting to anything which was bizarre. I feel like the third one has to be the last one, which I'm fine with. Has the potential to be an all-time great trilogy.

Only issue was I didn't really believe Wick would have broken the rules so badly at the end? But it ups the stakes for the sequel so I get it

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

girth brooks part 2 posted:

He's the Cleaner that Wick calls after the guys attack him at his house.

EDIT: Thought this was the John Wick 1 thread when I posted, but yeah that's him in the first one.

Weird, I wonder where he shows up in 2. Maybe he gets a text?

Escobarbarian posted:

Finally saw this and it was so goddamn rad. But I was the only one in the cinema reacting to anything which was bizarre. I feel like the third one has to be the last one, which I'm fine with. Has the potential to be an all-time great trilogy.

Only issue was I didn't really believe Wick would have broken the rules so badly at the end? But it ups the stakes for the sequel so I get it

Wait, did they not even react to the on-the-sly silenced pistol hipfiring bit? Cos my entire screen was cracking up, you'd have to be a robot not to react to that!

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
My audience was gasping with excitement when we saw the pencil.

Lolllng at the sly silenced rounds

Losing it on the point blank shotgun. I love how loving loud the guns were in this.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Mons Hubris posted:

I watched the first one last weekend and this one tonight, and I liked how even more insane and over the top this one was compared to the first. Will John Wick join the Fishburne homeless mafia in 3?

They were thinking about killing him for 7 mil, they'd def. go against Wick for 14.

Why give the marker back to Wick though? Everyone knows he fulfilled it, why hang onto it?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

It's so he can get another blood debt to get out of this trouble i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I finally saw it. Whoever designed the set for he museum fun house shootout deserves a congressional Medal of Honor.

• Locked thread