Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

In Training posted:

I finally saw it. Whoever designed the set for he museum fun house shootout deserves a congressional Medal of Honor.

hell, why stop there? give them a Nobel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If there is a god in heaven we will get John WIck 3: Tokyo Death Wish and its john wick in nippon slaughtering thousands of yakuza with hand grenades, body blows and samurai swords.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

In Training posted:

If there is a god in heaven we will get John WIck 3: Tokyo Death Wish and its john wick in nippon slaughtering thousands of yakuza with hand grenades, body blows and samurai swords.

:pray:

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

How do you reload a samurai sword?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

run someone through nd take his

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Very Carefully!! haha!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

was just thinking today about how perfect a lot of the scenes and shots in this movie are.

when he first arrives in rome, and the dude asks him "are you here for the pope?" it was funny but it also succinctly communicates the scope of John's world to the audience, like, this dude could go after anyone. nothing is outside his abilities and resources.

im watching it for the third time this week lmao

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
i haven't seen john wick 1. would 2 make any sense?

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

PleasingFungus posted:

Yeah, they do a small little recap of the first movie in the first 10 minutes.

All you really need to know is that John's dead wife got him a puppy to remember her by, then Theon Greyjoy (who is a mob boss' son) murders it and takes his car. Little did he know that John's a retired ex-assassin who is the best there was, in a society of assassins. He murders a whole lot of russian people including the mob boss.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PleasingFungus posted:

Yeah the story doesn't really matter but I would suggest watching 1 because it's a rad movie.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

PleasingFungus posted:

john wick 1 pwns hard, please watch it

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Fungah! posted:

john wick 1 pwns hard, please watch it

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

It's on every stream site or even on torrent trackers. No excuse at all for not watching it.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Finally caught it. gently caress was it great. Lobed it despite the weak ending. Can't wait for John Wick 3: John Candle.

Deaf bodyguard woman was hot af

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

In Training posted:

I kind of want either Hong Kong or Macau. Malta would kind of be a fun place for the secret round table of crime though.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
It's probably gonna be Montreal New York unless Laurence Fishburne's hobo mafia is worldwide.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

The movie was pretty good. Really good, even. Instead of rehashing all of the points everyone else made I'll just point out some miscellaneous things.

Wick saying it was impossible to get to Gianna yet it looked pretty simple to me?

Wick shooting Gianna in the head to really be sure of the kill after she sliced her veins.

I felt like they went a bit overboard with how many assassins there were. I got the impression that the underworld was more low key. But then it turns out they are everywhere and do everything?

Did anyone notice any interesting actors in the final scene that got the text message? Curious if they were teasing potential enemies for the 3rd film.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Lpzie posted:

Wick shooting Gianna in the head to really be sure of the kill after she sliced her veins.

To me, this wasn't just "being sure of the kill" but also making sure he fulfills the marker, the task is that he has to kill her, not stand there and watch her kill herself.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
John Wick 1: John Wick kills all the Russians
John Wick 2: John Wick kills all the Italians
John Wick 3: John Wick kills everybody

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
John Wick vs the World Crime League

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The High Table is those dudes on the Bane auction from Batman Forever

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Fuckin stairs man.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
So i loved John Wick, but this felt like music video. The action was all the same, the car got trashed. No one had anything to work with.

The one thing that made me excited was the tattoo girl dressed as a librarian at the very end.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Action movies should be music videos

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the club scene in john wick 1 is pure music video and it rules

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Shaggar posted:

the club scene in john wick 1 is pure music video and it rules

I really like the song when he is below the club in the pool murdering people.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTPxWUs8nXs

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
its honestly more video game than music video. you have the stealth section where hes sneaking in and knifing dudes and then once hes discovered it becomes a firefight. the music changes appropriately from section to section and increases in intensity as he gets closer to the boss or goes in and out of combat.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The club was my favorite part of JW1 and they succesfully recaptured/revisited that vibe with the ruins stuff in 2 while making it more bombastic with the live performance aspect which was cool as hell

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Im the audience they put into the film that cheers excitedly when john wick runs on stage and starts murdering people in front of 1000+ witnesses

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i like in the hall of mirrors sequence in jw2 where they use the mirrors on the floor to show you the handwork in a fight that you wouldn't be able to see from the sides.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Shaggar posted:

i like in the hall of mirrors sequence in jw2 where they use the mirrors on the floor to show you the handwork in a fight that you wouldn't be able to see from the sides.

Yeah the hall of mirrors was a genius prop

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

got any sevens posted:

John Wick vs the World Crime League

Oh poo poo yeah, the only thing that could make 3 better is Goldblum.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Finally saw it.

I have to say that I love the alternative reality thing they now have going on in this series.

Hobo assassin cartel. Tatooed 50's pin up girls running the backside of an assassin-hiring operation. A weapons-selling sommelier. The list goes on and on, it's great.

Also seeing Neo and Morpheus together on screen again was cool as hell.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Pussy Quipped posted:

I really like the song when he is below the club in the pool murdering people.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTPxWUs8nXs

Speaking of the music, the soundtrack for JW2 is extremely legit as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U7xjHlEGsU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Palpek posted:

Also seeing Neo and Morpheus together on screen again was cool as hell.

I was dying for Lawrence Fishburn to just say "Hello, Neo" when they met.

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
Actually that would have been super bad

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

John's Dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Chapter Goo

• Locked thread