Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phraggah
Nov 11, 2011

A rocket fuel made of Doritos? Yeah, I could kind of see it.

redeyes posted:

So, I've been around 130lbs for most of my life, I am now 40. I am also 6 feet tall. Pretty much, I am very active, run, hike, more running, more hiking, dogs, etc. I am on my feet more than 8 hours a day working, and have a stand up computer desk/workplace. I guess, I probably burn a poo poo load of calories which brings me to my next point which is I really do eat food. Couple eggs and hams for breakfast, or oatmeal. Maybe some fruit shake. A burrito or sandwich for lunch, with chips or whatever, sometimes fruit. Usually some normal dinner, whatever. Then I snack all night. I definitely feel like I eat enough food. But maybe not. Doctors freak the gently caress out when they weigh me, so much so that I hate going. loving same BS, OMG YOU MIGHT DIE, BMI index said you are going to die.

I am not dieing that I know of.

So, I figure maybe I should look into more calorie dense foods. The big catch is me and milk do not get along. This means most of the OMG WEIGHT GAIN 5000 poo poo is no bueno. It's all based on milk proteins and I have tried some and it hosed me up pretty good .

Maybe goons have some ideas what the hell i can do to not look like I just vacationed in Auschwitz.

OP it's probably a bad idea to seek major changes in your weight without consulting a doctor no matter how much your image bothers you. If you've had the same BMI your whole life you should probably tell that to your doctors. If you seek to gain weight ask them their advice or to refer you to a nutritionist or w/e. If you don't believe the advice of your normal doctor, get a second opinion. If they both tell you the same thing, maybe you should take their advice into consideration??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread