Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It's pretty cool how the infrastructure nationwide is literally crumbling but lol nothing is gonna get done about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Donald wants to rebuild it but protesters keep blocking him

But his proposed infrastructure plan is a joke. CA gets a single desalination plant and that's it. I'm sure it is just as lol for the rest of the states.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The Romans made concrete that could last 2000 years while underwater meanwhile these chucklefucks can't make a road that doesn't dissolve in a heavy rain. Sad!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
wtf do immigrants have to do with anything about this

people are so stupid lol

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lol and who is gonna notarize it??? Aunt gonna be rich.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the dam is going to collapse and Trump is gonna say some "lol get hosed california that's what you get" poo poo about it and then CA is gonna riot like mad and it'll be lol as gently caress

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ArbitraryC posted:

one of largest economies in us, can't afford to maintain their damns

we probably would manage just fine if we didn't have to send so much of our tax money to gently caress states like Kansas

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Lao Tzu lived in a hut and he ate straw

so what, even if true

that's not really a dig against the guy if you know what he's about

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

PathAsc posted:

Climate change is real, but naw let's not prepare for something. We like to pretend we're the cutting edge of civilization because we're not a flyover state. Too bad we're too busy huffing our own smegma to fix our infrastructure and hazard management devices.

-CA gov't

We're building a poo poo ton of water infrastructure fucknut, what is your dumbo state doing?

Stop taking our tax money then and we'll handle ourselves.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Everywhere has its problems but again if we didn't have to lose so much tax money to dickhead states like Kansas we'd have more money to fix our infrastructure.

Besides there's probably dams and bridges all over the country on the verge of collapse, it's not just CA. We're all in this ride to 3rd world status together.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ein cooler Typ posted:

without "dickhead" states like Kansas you coastal elitists wouldn't have enough corn

sure we would lol

also I love how people continually forget that there is a world outside of the USA. The US midwest/great plains are not the only regions that produce corn, if for some reason they disappeared tomorrow.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe without so much state welfare Kansas would pull itself up by the bootstraps and stop electing fuckheads to office that keep running your state even deeper into the gutter because hey someone else will pay for it.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I smoked a bunch of weed when I was 16/17 and watched it with the sound off while Dark Side of the Rainbow was playing and you know what, it was pretty drat good there for the first half.

everyone always talks poo poo but then when poo poo hits the fan everyone wants CA to save them lol

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

EorayMel posted:

Did you know the scarecrow has a gun?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzCaJwjkNNE

Now you do! :pilot:

lol he shoulda kept that poo poo

Guy Goodbody posted:

California has always been full of assholes

Maybe but that sign is a result of IDIOTS IN THE MIDDLE STATES loving up their farm land so bad they caused a huge ecological disaster then they all tried to go to CA to get work

'haha look how bad CA is, everyone is fleeing there after being so bad at farming they caused a major ecological disaster!'

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Feb 14, 2017

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
it's called CROP ROTATION numb nuts, that poo poo is in like Age of Empires 2 ffs as a bronze age tech or something

quote:

"Once the winds began picking up dust from the open fields, they grew into dust storms of biblical proportions. Each year the storms grew more ferocious and more frequent, sweeping up millions of tons of earth, covering farms and homes across the Plains with sand, and spreading the dust across the country. Children developed often fatal 'dust pneumonia,' business owners unable to cope with the financial ruin committed suicide, and thousands of desperate Americans were torn from their homes and forced on the road in an exodus unlike anything the United States has ever seen."

goddamn you people have always been a blight on this country

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Goodbody posted:

lol you dumb rear end in a top hat. The dust bowl was caused by farming practices supported by the Federal government

So again how is that an argument that CA sucks?

stop electing moron fuckheads as your representatives maybe

or you know, don't, keep electing people who ram you up the rear end while you fantasize about liberals getting cucked and soldiers invading California. It hasn't worked for 100 years but by god lol eventually you might get lucky.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

boner confessor posted:

the same federal government that created california through extensive government support of military installations, the energy industry, and fat military contracts for aerospace????????

lmao you people will just latch onto anything as evidence that CA sucks while your state fellates rich people and cuts education

stop taking our tax money if we suck so much then

boner confessor posted:

did u know republicans freed the slaves and democrats were the confederates

did you know CA revolted and joined the USA on its own rather than having to be 'liberated' or whatever the gently caress like Texas did? did you know that we made slavery illegal in our constitution as the bear flag republic?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

boner confessor posted:

california is definitely on the Not Cool list now that i know you live there

dumbos screaming about how CA sucks while their poo poo is in shambles around them while they take our tax money is getting hella old

come chill and have a burrito and some beer and weed, stop trying to say we're the shittiest state when you know that's just you being jelly

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I think if you come here and start laughing about how CA sucks because of that dam situation you'll not find very many amenable people in general, esp considering we bleed away federal tax money like a mofo to fund places like Kansas. Funny how that works.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I like how you've all just gone to ad hominem because you ain't got legit arguments against :ca:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

a bone to pick posted:

If you find you need to constantly defend your state from people online then your state probably sucks, at least when people tell me my state sucks I just go "Yeah."

Buncha haters in the middle states doesn't mean poo poo.

boner confessor posted:

oh wait i remember this guy getting run out of d&d and getting mad about it lol

"run out" here having the meaning people flipped their lid when I suggested Clinton was not the best candidate maybe

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Solice Kirsk posted:

You're a coastal city that doesn't have water because of almonds. That's pretty loving stupid.

What's stupid is you just buy the Fox News poo poo hook line and sinker and then repeat it years after it is even relevant like you are scoring some win.

The drought is over, and we're building a poo poo ton of water infrastructure to prepare for the next one. What does you state do when it realizes it hosed up, double down like Brownback does?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
right in my wallet

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
All states suck but some states keep their suck somewhat contained within their own borders and the South and Great Plains regions are particularly good about spreading the dumbfuck around as much as possible whether it be demanding mythology in science textbooks or sucking down tax money from other states to keep their education systems functional because they slashed their income tax rates to the hilt (while simultaneously raising sales taxes bc gently caress poor people lol).

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Space Crabs posted:

Will not shut up and stop being smug about how amazing california or his cam whore girlfriend is, has previously told people what their industry or job or degree is like despite never having or being in any of them because his intuition based arguments are the internet pissing contest version of perpetual motion.

lol the hyperbole is ridiculous

so many jelly haters

e: I'm genuinely curious as to where you're getting "previously told people what their industry/job/degree is like despite never being in any of them." The others at least stem from something but that's just confusing the hell outta me.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Space Crabs posted:

you aren't as smart as you think you are and just because things make sense to you, because you intuited your opinions, doesn't mean they are right. Your state is garbage loving shut up about it already.

another personal insult 'cuz you have nothing really to say in defense of your arguments because you're just an angry dumbass

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Goodbody posted:

Who said that California sucks? People are just saying it's not the glorious city on a hill you think it is. California is not that much better than the rest of America.

I think you'll find that nowhere did I say CA was the best state ever and yada yada golden city on a hill.

I simply said: we'd be able to pay for our own infrastructure stuff if we didn't have to subsidize idiot states. A bunch of people apparently took exception to that, I can only assume bc they live in said idiot states.

quote:

California is not that much better than the rest of America.

By what metric? We're def one of the nicer states to live if you can afford the exorbitant cost of living.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Like you're just putting words in my mouth lol where did I say CA was the best state ever total utopia? All I said was we'd be able to better afford to fix this poo poo if we didn't get leeched on by other states.

Just bc a few of you are sperging at me about people invading California and almonds doesn't mean I'm gonna back off.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Goodbody posted:

Moridin, please react to this post

I'm not gonna lie idk what that is.

e: reverse image search is good. Well that certainly sucks but again I think you'll find that nowhere did I say CA is a utopia "best state there is." We're also a hotbed of white supremacist groups iirc.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tony Snark posted:

Dudes, chicks, and dudes pretend to be chicks, from coasts, the prairie belt, the bayou, or the badlands, I present a compromise.

gently caress Bakersfield.

I can get behind this

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Goodbody posted:

Is this purely a state level thing for you, or do you drive over a pothole in San Francisco and shake your fist and cry, "This wouldn't be a problem if my tax dollars weren't being stolen to give welfare to methheads in loving Bakersfield!"

state level

the inland empire is our own trouble

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Goodbody posted:

They are incredibly expensive and energy intensive, compared to pretty much any other method of getting water to a place.

True but they are a good emergency tool for when other methods are boned because of a drought or something.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
if your states are so good then how come you don't even have your own

:ca:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
First rain clouds destroy our warplanes, now our dams. This aggression cannot stand. We must declare a war on rain clouds.

Bomb them with salt.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Looks like CA has averted another disaster :ca:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
disasters are fake news

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

appropriatemetaphor posted:

not sure, can any spaniards here answer this guestion

Solice Kirsk posted:

So I guess long story short, yeah, can any Spaniards answer that?

you guys aren't serious right?

• Locked thread