Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

It's almost like meteorology is lawls as balls and should be shamed thusly until results improve!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Climate change is real, but naw let's not prepare for something. We like to pretend we're the cutting edge of civilization because we're not a flyover state. Too bad we're too busy huffing our own smegma to fix our infrastructure and hazard management devices.

-CA gov't

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Fog Tripper posted:

Climate change is happening and it has always happened. The whole point of a retainment dam is to safeguard against certain climate thingies.

LOL that CA is so dumb as to not know how to make a dam properly.

That's my point, foresight is lacking.

Moridin920 posted:

We're building a poo poo ton of water infrastructure fucknut, what is your dumbo state doing?

Stop taking our tax money then and we'll handle ourselves.

Too little too late, but that's water over the dam now. We're good here, aside from the state wasting the federal funding for broadband years ago, so many places are SOL on proper internet access. Namaste moridin, I lived in CA for a while, every state is hosed, but the powers that be there are inept.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Satan take the wheel! At least we can all die knowing everyone is hosed. I hope roaches are the next apex predator.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

theworst posted:

this fact is offset by the existence of del taco who gives you fries with your tacos. fries with tacos. wtf west coast.

Deltaco is a national treasure

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

theworst posted:

but do they have taco shells literally made out of doritos?

No, but the fish taco makes up for that

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Most of the people in Cali are loving cool as poo poo though. Is it guillotine time yet? There's really only one group of shitlords loving this up for all of us.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Straight White Shark posted:

When do you start herding them into death camps or is that a different department within FEMA

That's Jade Helm

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

blugu64 posted:

Hell yeah Buck Rogers owns

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Modesto can burn too, it's like the sum of Florida in California.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Space Crabs posted:

Yeah I didn't believe them at the press conference when they said the main spillway had eroded as much as it was going to and wouldn't suffer further damage from turning the water up.

It's pretty much destroyed now and they managed to clog up the river which has kept the dam's power plant from working. They did manage to drop the lake by 50 feet though so it should be fine unless those storms are ridiculous.

I really doubt that thin layer of concrete they sprayed everywhere will actually help anything.

Don't worry, concrete on less than stable and soaked earth is totally going to stand up to the amounts of water that would hit if it got high again. Rain isn't a problem either! The best part is somewhere an environmental engineer is crying because they didn't get to put down billions of dollars in adding 8 different kinds of rocks too. :jerkbag:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

OMGVBFLOL posted:

~^*fartz*^~

You poo poo my pants:argh:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Cannon_Fodder posted:

This is going to be SO goddamn expensive.

Have Google build a smart dam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

hello i'm from southern louisiana

did you know that in an urban area you're supposed to assume that floodwater is toxic? that's because of the sewer system

The normal people, probably. The bourgie fucks, who gives a poo poo.

• Locked thread