Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy
Local news reports lake level has dropped below the emergency spillway level. Everyone taking 20 minutes off to smoke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Lipstick Apathy

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

How the Heck do you politicize a dam? Its not like one side said no spending money on infrastructure ever

According to readers of my local paper this is a textbook example of communist sabotage.

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Lipstick Apathy

Psycho Society posted:

Apparently they're closing lots of roads north for some reason. Wtf. You need to drive like 2 miles north to get out of the flood zone.

They're imposing marital law!

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Lipstick Apathy

Katosabi posted:

So I went to the fairgrounds in Chico (the city north of Oroville where everyone was told to go) this morning, it was surprisingly calm and actually felt like less traffic than normal around that area. The fairgrounds were almost full and had some people camping, and all the hotels I saw were packed. Caltrans had a single sign pickup on the highway saying where the road was closed. We also heard helicopters every hour or so last night headed south.

Important question, are the BMX and go cart tracks open today?

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Lipstick Apathy

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

My aunt has been evacuated and is like "lol there's going to be nothing left". My uncle, her brother, went to his office and intends to stay so he can keep the servers running for his company's game poo poo. She's like "he's gonna die, good thing I'm getting all his money". I texted him a picture of that and he's going to find a lawyer who hasn't left town yet if he can so he can change his will :)

That is Oroville as gently caress.

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Lipstick Apathy

Moridin920 posted:

lol and who is gonna notarize it??? Aunt gonna be rich.

I know more than one notary from Oroville. They are very much the type who would be inclined to stand their ground even as their trailer floats towards Marysville.

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Lipstick Apathy

Irradiation posted:

Growing up whenever we would interact with kids from other cities in the area it was always Oroville that everyone trashed on.

That's because only Oroville is big enough to have recognition. It's hard to clown on Thermalito when everyone thinks that's what Mexicans drink coffee out of.

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Lipstick Apathy
Walk to Bullards Bar and pee in the Yuba River watershed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Lipstick Apathy

Irradiation posted:

That's fair but nearby places like Chico or Yuba City never got poo poo on like Oroville. :shrug:

Chico is cool and Yuba City is just a place you have to stop for traffic lights on the highway. I don't think anyone actually lives there.

• Locked thread