Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

unpacked robinhood posted:

If anything immigrants could be used instead of rock bags

Just like everything else, immigrants would do a worse job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Moridin920 posted:

I like how you've all just gone to ad hominem because you ain't got legit arguments against :ca:

You're a coastal city that doesn't have water because of almonds. That's pretty loving stupid.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

EorayMel posted:

It is me. It is me and my hunger for almonds that is killing California, sorry moridin.

Though I fully support desalination plants, turn some of that undrinkable ocean into something useful :boobeer:

Desalination plants seems like one of those ideas that would have been implemented as soon as they were available. Then again, I'm from a city that reversed the flow of a river so we could literally flush our poo poo and garbage into the south suburbs.

:boom:CHICAGO POLITICS!:boom:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Whens it supposed to start raining again? Tomorrow right? :munch:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

food court bailiff posted:

Yes dude, did you read the thread? It's really funny.

Californians should learn to accept criticism like we do here in Chicago. We're a giant city in a state that mostly hates us, and we embrace it. We love our crooked disgusting politics and our lovely weather. Learn to laugh about your garbage city/state/country and just throw some booze at your problems because nothing is going to be fixed in your lifetime because you and your opinions don't matter enough to warrant change. Embrace death and darkness since it is the only conclusion you can achieve, but at least you have enough control to not meet it painfully sober.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

scrubs season six posted:

How many people have you murdered?

I live on the northside so none.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's been a decade since a major American city was destroyed.

But that was water too...
*dejectedly kicks pebble

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Idiot Kicker posted:

I always assumed that a meth lab explosion would take out Oroville, at least that one section of it. Oroville actually is massive in area compared to its population. It's a weird place in a lot of ways.

Eh, they'll fix it in the 2.0.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

OMGVBFLOL posted:

why would you source rocks from far away

The Greeks and Romans did it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Theres....there's just so many bad decisions in that story. It's amazing that "starting a forest fire" was the best one of the lot.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Mozi posted:

fun fact: 'agua' is spanish for 'aqua'

Wonder if they just flipped the "q" around to be contrary.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

appropriatemetaphor posted:

not sure, can any spaniards here answer this guestion

50% of me can answer it, but the other 50% spells it "acqua" and I'm American so I call it "wasser" like all Midwesterners. So for all my authority on the matter I'm just as puzzled as everyone else.....which is why I asked to begin with.

So I guess long story short, yeah, can any Spaniards answer that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Moridin920 posted:

you guys aren't serious right?

Of course not. We're joking around. "Agua" isn't even Spanish for water. The Spanish word for water is "cerveza." Loosly translated it means "liquid of life and sky."

• Locked thread