Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I LIKE COOKIE
Dec 12, 2010

I've never bought stocks or invested in a company, but I'll try to answer the best I can.

I think the real money would be in getting in on the ground floor when a new state votes in legal medical/recreational Marijuana use. In Colorado I think they just gave out licenses to grow weed like candy. In other states that's not the case. I think it was Michigan that made companies bid for contracts? And only gave out a certain number of them. I'm not very knowledgeable on the politics of this topic and if other states are moving towards the contract system, but I'll just assume that for the sake of this post.

So you'll need to make yourself knowledgeable about the process in which a company can apply for the contract in that state. Find out if it's public record what companies are applying, or try to figure it out by any means necessary. Fly to that state and sit in a drat hearing if you have to.

Once you have that information, and you've drawn conclusions about which few companies have the best chance of getting the contracts, then you buy stocks.

You could wait for the contracts to be set in stone before buying, but the stock prices would already be high, because you'd have to assume everyone and their mother is insider trading like a mofo. People already know there's money in this. So it's possible to get screwed by buying the stocks, but you already know that. Stocks is gambling.

So yeah. Those companies you named, try to figure out their plans and if they intend to move in on a new Legal state, I guess. Information is power when it comes to the stock market.

Alternatively, you could just Rothschild that poo poo and bet on every company that applies for the contract lol.

I could go into more detail about the people side of things, but I'll just say this- it takes a lot of time, work, and social engineering to even become friendly with a company. To be in their inner circle and know what their next move will be? Good luck. You'd probably be better off with a lucky guess or two.

Disclaimer: I have never bought stocks so if If what I say sounds unintelligent please disregard lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread