Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MercurialOne
Feb 28, 2016
Paper
They know we're going to change from rock, because we believe they'll change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!
As a heads-up: next turn won't be processed until tomorrow, make the most of it if you haven't posted yet!

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Round 9 is finished!

The result:

ROCK BREAK SCISSORS! TEAM RIGHT SCORES!

Current score: 3-1 in favour of Team Left, one point left to win.

Previous moves:

L: PRPRRRRRS-
R: RRPRSSRRR-

Round ten begins now! Rock, paper or scissors?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Scissors. They think we'll change back to trusty, comfortable, easy rock.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

AJ_Impy posted:

Scissors. They think we'll change back to trusty, comfortable, easy rock.

Seconding this. Scissors.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I have no clue what to do, but I don't want to abstain. So I am voting for whatever the next poster says. Congrats person, your vote is worth twice as much.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Join us on Scissors!

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I voted for paper :mad:

Scissors obviously. We can't use our trusty rock, the enemy will anticipate that. Let's cut their paper and win this game!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Scissors, but it's the last time I trust the bladed swine.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

They must've learned sticking to your plan works, so paper.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

Scissors, but it's the last time I trust the bladed swine.

Yeah this makes sense. Scissors

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I can't find the :facepalm: smiley

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Carbon dioxide posted:

They must've learned sticking to your plan works, so paper.

Yeah clearly Scissors is bad and has betrayed us. Team Right are now totally going to steal our plan of believing in Rock so we need to out think them and throw the sneaky paper.

You guys voting scissors are totally dooming us to getting beaten by our own strategy.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
The way I see it, we should just stick with scissors till the end of the game.
Either we will win, due to some weird fluke, or we will scientifically prove that scissors is objectively the worst choice and should never be played by anyone.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Feb 27, 2017

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

cant cook creole bream posted:

The way I see it, we should just stick with scissors till the end of the game.
Either we will win, due to some weird fluke, or we will scientifically prove that scissors is objectively the worst choice and should never be played by anyone.

I mean, I know science is important. But you cannot possibly believe that science is more important than WINNING.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Carbon dioxide posted:

I mean, I know science is important. But you cannot possibly believe that science is more important than WINNING.

Science is winning.

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Round 10 is finished!

The result:

ROCK BREAK SCISSORS! TEAM RIGHT SCORES!

Current score: 3-2 in favour of Team Left, one point left to win.

Previous moves:

L: PRPRRRRRSS-
R: RRPRSSRRRR-

Round eleven begins now! Rock, paper or scissors?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
All right, fine. Paper.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Rock. They will never change to paper, but they might change to scissors.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Paper

Down with the scissorgeoisie!

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Paper
The blades have failed us.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Paper

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Paper.

I loving told you so.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Yeah. Scissors is objectively the worst and will never win anything. Try to prove me wrong team right!
Paper

Hopefully they are stealing our brilliant tactic of throwing rock 5 times in a row.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
:cripes:
this is a vote for rock

Sjs00 fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Feb 28, 2017

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

:same:

I'm losing faith in you guys. They are not going to go drat rock again, what we did will be called a fluke.

Rock is the only thing I have faith in now. Playing the paper that can lose to stupid bad scissors will be an affront to the Lord Rock who has carried us this far. Yall heretics!

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Feb 28, 2017

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Gridlocked posted:

:same:

I'm losing faith in you guys. They are not going to go drat rock again, what we did was a fluke.

Rock is the only thing I have faith in now. Playing the paper that can lose to stupid bad scissors will be an affront to the Lord Rock who has carried us this far. Yall heretics!

You know what? I begin to doubt my earlier apostasy.

Changing my vote to rock.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Trust in the Rock-Emperor of Left Kind

Change your vote today!

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I'm tempted to change but I can't honestly say I believe in "They won't go rock again" when they've already gone rock four times in a row.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Them sticking with rock is the last thing they think we think they're going to do, so them doing that confounds what they think our expectations are. This is why we go for paper here.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

oldskool posted:

I'm tempted to change but I can't honestly say I believe in "They won't go rock again" when they've already gone rock four times in a row.

If they go rock again then a throw of rock is a tie. Tie becomes our worst-case scenario. Switch to rock, oldskool.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

If they go rock again then a throw of rock is a tie. Tie becomes our worst-case scenario. Switch to rock, oldskool.

If they go rock again paper wins us the game. They have to change from rock (which they are clearly hesitant to do) to scissors (which they are somehow even less likely to do) in order for paper to lose, and while that blows our 3-0 lead it doesn't end the game and puts it all on the final throw, which I like our odds in based on our previous logic vs. simply not betting they'd get lazy & throw four rocks in a row.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

oldskool posted:

If they go rock again paper wins us the game. They have to change from rock (which they are clearly hesitant to do) to scissors (which they are somehow even less likely to do) in order for paper to lose, and while that blows our 3-0 lead it doesn't end the game and puts it all on the final throw, which I like our odds in based on our previous logic vs. simply not betting they'd get lazy & throw four rocks in a row.

See, I get your logic, but it flies in the face of the fact that we got lazy and threw rock five times in a row, and it worked out pretty okay for us. I have no troubles imagining them going "throwing rock worked for them, why not for us?"

E: basically what I'm saying here is "trusting in rock has worked so far let us trust in rock." I was one of the early adopters of Scissormania, but it failed us. Rock has kept us safe.

DivineCoffeeBinge fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Feb 28, 2017

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
If they go scissors and we go paper its not just a win for them; its a win for loving SCISSORS. We CAN'T let that happen.

Now sure they may go rock and we get a tie off this; but I think its worth the risk to show some faith in Rock.

Smart!

oldskool posted:

You lack of faith in Rock is disturbing. Show some faith brother.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I have no troubles imagining them going "throwing rock worked for them, why not for us?"

Me either, which is why I'm wrapping that presumed rock up in a pretty piece of victory paper.

Gridlocked posted:

You lack of faith in Rock is disturbing. Show some faith brother.
I'm playing to win, not to condemn us to defeat unless they inexplicably throw the clearly inferior scissors before throwing double paper by committing to rock/rock draws.

StupidSexyMothman fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Feb 28, 2017

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I'd rather win with rock than try to be tricky and lose with paper or scissors.

Playing Paper is asking to be defeated by the vile and hated Scissors. Rock must be chosen in order to smash all Scissors and brofist all other Rocks. It is the one true faith.

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Round 11 is finished!

The result:

SCISSORS CUT PAPER! TEAM RIGHT SCORES!

Current score: Tied at 3-3, NEXT POINT BY EITHER TEAM WINS THE GAME!

Previous moves:

L: PRPRRRRRSSP-
R: RRPRSSRRRRS-

Round twelve begins now! Rock, paper or scissors?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I'm mad :mad:

As if it wasn't obvious that we would go with paper. If you had voted for rock like the rest of us, we would have won! :argh:

They will likely think that we flee back into the safety of rock, so they will take paper. Scissors was wrong for the last round, but scissors is right for this round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
This is getting intense.
Stay at paper. We will stand our ground!

• Locked thread