Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
gently caress your ground, your ground is what made us lose the last round when faith in Rock would have won.

Now I'm split between faith in Rock of dealing with the fact they are totally going to play Paper because they assume we have too much faith in Rock.

The point is I warned you about the Rock dawg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Paper

They've won by switching at the same time we have. They won't expect us to remain the same.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Paper is the non-obvious obvious answer here to get the rock with which they'll try to smash the scissors they think we'll play.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
I am shaking my head sadly. We should have won right there.

Ah well. I'll be generous and forgive you all if we win this round with Paper.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Let's go with paper then.

Note that I will kill someone if after our great 3-0 advantage they manage to win. :)

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Wouldn't be the first time the left blew a presumed insurmountable advantage.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
ive haing n anyrusem

MercurialOne
Feb 28, 2016
Rock

We've maintained a very predictable holding pattern, it's time to break that pattern by changing more rapidly.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
gently caress it paper band wagon and hope this throws them off enough we can rock out next turn (cause no way do they pick scissors a-loving-gain and that means paper has the best Tie-Win set over rocks Tie-Lose set; but gently caress you guys for making me have to not say rock)

Ignore this post I had a moment of heresy

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Mar 1, 2017

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

oldskool posted:

Wouldn't be the first time the left blew a presumed insurmountable advantage.

Rick is Bernie Sanders; it would have won.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Rick is Bernie Sanders; it would have won.

I'm 99% sure we are gonna lose this poo poo honestly. Any hope for a future is gone. The people didn't listen when Rock spoke unto them.

Frankly we deserve to lose in a position where we should have played rock. If only to teach future generations of PRS players that Rock is the true path.

this is a vote for the one true god that is rock

oldskool posted:

I'm playing to win, not to condemn us to defeat unless they inexplicably throw the clearly inferior scissors before throwing double paper by committing to rock/rock draws.

Also I'm dredging this up. I am so dredging this back up.

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Mar 1, 2017

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
You know what, i hosed up voting scissors in the past. If it has come to this then might as well choose my buddy rock one last time. A final hurrah! C'mon team left!

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
loving rock

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
If we lose, we lose with ROCK.

ROCK ROCK ROCK ROCK ROCK

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
what a bunch of loving casuals

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I grow tired of this pathetic game.

Greetings Team Left. For those of you who do not know me, allow me to introduce myself. My name is nine-gear crow, Let's Play sub-forum super villain and a member of the failing Team Right and more importantly, I am here to defect. Not from Team Right. But from Rock Paper Scissors itself.

I come with vital information that can, if you decide to act on it, secure your victory in this war. Team Right has chosen to throw Scissors in Round 12 by majority vote. If you throw your Paper, you will lose the round and the game.

That said, if you change your vote to Rock, you will win. I can assure you though, my information is accurate. You will win. But it will be a tarnished win, a win everyone will know you cheated to acquire. Illegitimate. A dishonorable win.

So, ask yourselves. How far do you want to go to win? You say you want a win at any cost? Well, there's the key and the price. The majority of the votes are in on both sides. Covski will make the throw soon.

You can throw Paper and lose. You can throw Rock and win*. Or, perhaps, you can throw Scissors yourself and stalemate the game for another round. In which case, I'll be back, and we can do this all over again until someone makes the right choice.

You know what it is that I ask. The choice is yours.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
wtf

What kind of poo poo is this? Mods?

Do we even know if he really is on Team Right? This could all be a ploy to get us to lose the game.

I'm not changing my vote. Scissors or bust.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
:frogout: crow

Torrannor posted:

wtf

What kind of poo poo is this? Mods?

Do we even know if he really is on Team Right? This could all be a ploy to get us to lose the game.

I'm not changing my vote. Scissors or bust.

Also change your vote to rock son. This is team left where Rock is king.

cmon oldskool you haven't voted yet. Do it for Rock. Your old pal rock.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Is nine-gear crow's blood a valid play? Because it's the only way to get out of this situation.

E: Quoting the post before it gets edited just so our game master knows why we're voting blood.

nine-gear crow posted:

Greetings Team Left. For those of you who do not know me, allow me to introduce myself. My name is nine-gear crow, Let's Play sub-forum super villain and a member of the failing Team Right and more importantly, I am here to defect. Not from Team Right. But from Rock Paper Scissors itself.

I come with vital information that can, if you decide to act on it, secure your victory in this war. Team Right has chosen to throw Scissors in Round 12 by majority vote. If you throw your Paper, you will lose the round and the game.

That said, if you change your vote to Rock, you will win. I can assure you though, my information is accurate. You will win. But it will be a tarnished win, a win everyone will know you cheated to acquire. Illegitimate. A dishonorable win.

So, ask yourselves. How far do you want to go to win? You say you want a win at any cost? Well, there's the key and the price. The majority of the votes are in on both sides. Covski will make the throw soon.

You can throw Paper and lose. You can throw Rock and win*. Or, perhaps, you can throw Scissors yourself and stalemate the game for another round. In which case, I'll be back, and we can do this all over again until someone makes the right choice.

Carbon dioxide fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Mar 1, 2017

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

nine-gear crow posted:

Boo this man! Booooooooooo.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

A few more words are in order.

Comrades,

You know the situation. You might think of this as just a game. But deep inside you know this is not true. This is a war. But even in a war there are rules. We are honor-bound to follow them.

And it should be obvious that WE CANNOT ALLOW an enemy to walk into our camp. I am certain that post has several levels of psychological tricks in it. Well, WE'RE NOT GOING TO FALL FOR THAT.

What we need to do now is send them a message. One they cannot ignore. Luckily, we got crow right here in our camp.

And this is why I'm officially changing my vote to send them nine-gear crow's blood. And I expect you all to follow my example. For glory!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
What the gently caress Nine-Gear Crow? Why would you even do that? We had a lot of fun here and nobody decided to cheat so far. To you really need to win so much, that you come here and appeal to our sense of honesty or pride? Honestly it might work. Congratulations on that victory Crow, because I sure as hell wont switch from paper now.
Unless I can throw nine-gear-crow's blood

Covski posted:

[*]No peeking in the other team's thread or the observer thread! I know how much some of you like winning, but cheating at rock-paper-scissors would be a new low.
Good job reaching new limits, I guess.
I don't even know if I am legitimately annoyed about this. The game is on the match point and almost over.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Carbon dioxide posted:

A few more words are in order.

Comrades,

You know the situation. You might think of this as just a game. But deep inside you know this is not true. This is a war. But even in a war there are rules. We are honor-bound to follow them.

And it should be obvious that WE CANNOT ALLOW an enemy to walk into our camp. I am certain that post has several levels of psychological tricks in it. Well, WE'RE NOT GOING TO FALL FOR THAT.

What we need to do now is send them a message. One they cannot ignore. Luckily, we got crow right here in our camp.

And this is why I'm officially changing my vote to send them nine-gear crow's blood. And I expect you all to follow my example. For glory!

The revolution is at hand.

The only winning move now is to refuse to play.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Changing my vote from scissors to nine-gear crow's blood. There is no other way, this round of RPS cannot be played in an honest way now.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
THE ONLY WINNING MOVE

IS TO NOT PLAY

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

This is a bandwagon I can get behind.

Throwing gently caress you, nine-gear crow, you terrible loving sport you.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

This is a bandwagon I can get behind.

Throwing gently caress you, nine-gear crow, you terrible loving sport you.

The good thing is it motivated me to do some ART

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!
Hello team Left. It's a shame some people can't play nicely, isn't it?

You can consider your votes locked in for now. The observer thread is currently deciding your fate.

You have all played very well.

have faith

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Have faith in rock?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Changing vote to You lot just got betrayed by this arsehole, null hand, replay the point.

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!
Round 12 is finished!

After the sudden deliberate betrayal of their team and the very spirit of Rock-Paper-Scissors by a certain player, the observer thread has adjudicated this round. The result:

gently caress NINE-GEAR CROW! IT IS A TIE!

Current score: Tied at 3-3

I can feel that you all agree that the game should have ended this round, and by right maybe it should. You have all put up a marvellous fight, and it's been a joy and a great source of excitement to watch you battle. However, all things must come to an end.

Of course, we can't let the actions of one maverick decide how the game ends. Instead, the choice of who wins will be entirely in your hands. Thus, we are going to do something different for the thirteenth and final round of this game:

Let's play Prisoner's Dilemma!

You have one simple choice: Will you agree that you are both deserving winners of this game (cooperate), or will you claim that your team are the only worthy winners? (betray)

If you both cooperate, both teams will win with a score of 4-4.

If one team cooperates and the other betrays, the betraying team will win with a score of 4-3.

If both teams betray, both team will lose with a score of 3-3. The only winning move will have been not to play.

Extra rule by popular demand: If any team cooperates, nine-gear crow loses. If both teams betray, nine-gear crow triple-loses.

Round thirteen begins now. This game ends here. Make your choice.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Thanks for this administrative decision. But the points of that prisoners dilemma seem kinda off. Betray- Cooperate should end the game with 5-3, just to give an extra incentive. Right now it's basically just cooperate ~ "give the other team a point", betray ~"don't". So we only get to decide whether the other team wins, with no influence over our own fate.

That being said, unlike a certain someone we are decent people who can cooperate. And, assuming that that person doesn't get to vote, I assume our partners in this noble game will decide the same.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Cooperate. Five turns ago I'd've said we were the game's only true winners, but Team Right came back and made a game of it, and they deserve props for that.

We can stand united in saying "gently caress you, nine-gear crow."

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Nine-gear crow doesn't deserve anything. Cooperate is the only option, now that crow is no longer part of Team Right. And honestly, we were pretty shaken, and would have likely lost the game anyway. The other team deserves to win, I hope they think the same thing about us as well.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Cooperate. Historically, the Prisoner's Dilemma always has the best odds of success with mutual cooperation.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Cooperate.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Cooperate and gently caress Crow. But also in before crow comes back and claims this is what he wanted all along.

Crow isn't Lelouching us.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Honestly, betray.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

chitoryu12 posted:

Cooperate. Historically, the Prisoner's Dilemma always has the best odds of success with mutual cooperation.

This is also true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
everyone will argue cooperate so I say we Betray

• Locked thread