Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I like paper because I feel like people rarely lead with scissors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Rock
They're likely to either re-throw Rock (draw) or go to scissors (win); they aren't likely to copy our Paper, because it doesn't make sense for us to go to scissors because they don't have a reason to believe in paper.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

So far Team Right's pattern is to change after ties to the thing that would have won their last match.

(yes, it's an exceedingly small sample size, shut up)

So if they follow this pattern they'll throw Scissors next so we should throw Rock.

I agree with this
Rock

Also, this gives us a paper-rock-paper-rock run, so we can play rock again next round, smash their scissors and go up 3-0 :smug:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

oldskool posted:

a paper-rock-paper-rock run, so we can play rock again next round, smash their scissors and go up 3-0 2-0 :smith:

Rock

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Paper
Show them no comfort in the safety of the stone, and challenge them to go back to the scissors that let them down just one round ago.

Seriously they've thrown more rocks than papers or scissors combined.
I honestly expect them to throw either paper or rock this round, so rock gives a loss/draw, scissors a win/loss, and paper the best odds with a draw/win.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

When they draw, they change. Scissors because they're gunshy about scissors themselves & will throw paper.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

Scissors, but it's the last time I trust the bladed swine.

Yeah this makes sense. Scissors

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Paper
The blades have failed us.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I'm tempted to change but I can't honestly say I believe in "They won't go rock again" when they've already gone rock four times in a row.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

If they go rock again then a throw of rock is a tie. Tie becomes our worst-case scenario. Switch to rock, oldskool.

If they go rock again paper wins us the game. They have to change from rock (which they are clearly hesitant to do) to scissors (which they are somehow even less likely to do) in order for paper to lose, and while that blows our 3-0 lead it doesn't end the game and puts it all on the final throw, which I like our odds in based on our previous logic vs. simply not betting they'd get lazy & throw four rocks in a row.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I have no troubles imagining them going "throwing rock worked for them, why not for us?"

Me either, which is why I'm wrapping that presumed rock up in a pretty piece of victory paper.

Gridlocked posted:

You lack of faith in Rock is disturbing. Show some faith brother.
I'm playing to win, not to condemn us to defeat unless they inexplicably throw the clearly inferior scissors before throwing double paper by committing to rock/rock draws.

StupidSexyMothman fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Feb 28, 2017

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Wouldn't be the first time the left blew a presumed insurmountable advantage.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Betray

If we'd rock/rock drawn at 3-3 would we just call it a game and fistbumps all around? Hell no, we play until somebody loses, even if that means everybody loses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Sorry I made bad choices for most of the second half of the game. Was a ton of fun.

• Locked thread