Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Gotta go with Paper, it is the best opening move

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Paper again. All too often I find RPS players falling into the trap of "Hulk Always Throw Rock"; as AJ says, they'll overthink it and stick with Rock. Rock feels stronger, and they will need that feeling of strength and the reassurance it brings now that they're down 1-0.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

I find myself convinced by some of the arguments made in-thread, and am changing my vote from Paper to Rock.

(this is also a check to see if vote-changing is permitted.)

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Paper. They won't change! They are too set in their ways!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

So far Team Right's pattern is to change after ties to the thing that would have won their last match.

(yes, it's an exceedingly small sample size, shut up)

So if they follow this pattern they'll throw Scissors next so we should throw Rock.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

It's time for scissors. They'll think they know our pattern, so it's time to break it.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Gridlocked posted:

Haha! They flinched first!

Now I think we should give them a open handed Paper slap; because this will cause them to doubt their Scissors choice and go back to their old friend rock.

Seconding this. Paper is the right move here.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Torrannor posted:

It would be kind of amazing if our scissors beat their paper in the very last round of the game.

This is why I vote Scissors. Just for the poetry of it.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Also, just saying, if we go scissors and they finally manage to pull out a win it will only solidify the "scissors is a loser move" thought in their heads. So they'll consider the game down to only rock and paper, throw paper, and then we can throw scissors for the win.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

cant cook creole bream posted:

You don't only want to throw scissors, you want to throw scissors twice? You know who else did that? Team right!

Yeah but they did it wrong, clearly.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

oldskool posted:

When they draw, they change. Scissors because they're gunshy about scissors themselves & will throw paper.

Seconding this look at the pattern

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

If they switch away from rock, they'll throw either paper or scissors - so a throw of scissors means that in the worst case, we tie again.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

I am impressed; they stuck with rock. I didn't think they would.

Still voting scissors.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

AJ_Impy posted:

Scissors. They think we'll change back to trusty, comfortable, easy rock.

Seconding this. Scissors.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Paper

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Gridlocked posted:

:same:

I'm losing faith in you guys. They are not going to go drat rock again, what we did was a fluke.

Rock is the only thing I have faith in now. Playing the paper that can lose to stupid bad scissors will be an affront to the Lord Rock who has carried us this far. Yall heretics!

You know what? I begin to doubt my earlier apostasy.

Changing my vote to rock.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

oldskool posted:

I'm tempted to change but I can't honestly say I believe in "They won't go rock again" when they've already gone rock four times in a row.

If they go rock again then a throw of rock is a tie. Tie becomes our worst-case scenario. Switch to rock, oldskool.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

oldskool posted:

If they go rock again paper wins us the game. They have to change from rock (which they are clearly hesitant to do) to scissors (which they are somehow even less likely to do) in order for paper to lose, and while that blows our 3-0 lead it doesn't end the game and puts it all on the final throw, which I like our odds in based on our previous logic vs. simply not betting they'd get lazy & throw four rocks in a row.

See, I get your logic, but it flies in the face of the fact that we got lazy and threw rock five times in a row, and it worked out pretty okay for us. I have no troubles imagining them going "throwing rock worked for them, why not for us?"

E: basically what I'm saying here is "trusting in rock has worked so far let us trust in rock." I was one of the early adopters of Scissormania, but it failed us. Rock has kept us safe.

DivineCoffeeBinge fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Feb 28, 2017

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

I am shaking my head sadly. We should have won right there.

Ah well. I'll be generous and forgive you all if we win this round with Paper.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

oldskool posted:

Wouldn't be the first time the left blew a presumed insurmountable advantage.

Rick is Bernie Sanders; it would have won.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

nine-gear crow posted:

I grow tired of this pathetic game.

Greetings Team Left. For those of you who do not know me, allow me to introduce myself. My name is nine-gear crow, Let's Play sub-forum super villain and a member of the failing Team Right and more importantly, I am here to defect. Not from Team Right. But from Rock Paper Scissors itself.

I come with vital information that can, if you decide to act on it, secure your victory in this war. Team Right has chosen to throw Scissors in Round 12 by majority vote. If you throw your Paper, you will lose the round and the game.

That said, if you change your vote to Rock, you will win. I can assure you though, my information is accurate. You will win. But it will be a tarnished win, a win everyone will know you cheated to acquire. Illegitimate. A dishonorable win.

So, ask yourselves. How far do you want to go to win? You say you want a win at any cost? Well, there's the key and the price. The majority of the votes are in on both sides. Covski will make the throw soon.

You can throw Paper and lose. You can throw Rock and win*. Or, perhaps, you can throw Scissors yourself and stalemate the game for another round. In which case, I'll be back, and we can do this all over again until someone makes the right choice.

You know what it is that I ask. The choice is yours.

Boo this man! Booooooooooo.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

This is a bandwagon I can get behind.

Throwing gently caress you, nine-gear crow, you terrible loving sport you.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Cooperate. Five turns ago I'd've said we were the game's only true winners, but Team Right came back and made a game of it, and they deserve props for that.

We can stand united in saying "gently caress you, nine-gear crow."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Good game, Everyone But Oldskool Who Didn't Listen To Me Even Though I Pleaded With Him!

(okay, good game to you too, man)

I guess

• Locked thread