Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I'll go for paper I suppose.

quote:

As far as possible, try to explain your reasoning behind your suggested moves - exploring the thought processes that goes in to this is part of the fun.

Uh okay. It's because of peer pressure.

Carbon dioxide fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Feb 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

cant cook creole bream posted:

Back when I was on the school yard, I would sometimes play this game with well. Rock and Scissors fall in, paper lays on top and closes it up. In other words, that is a really stupid rule, since that thing is just strictly better than rock. Effectively no one would play rock, making well the new rock.
Those sentences sound so weird.

In fact, as the wikipedia page notes, any even number of moves would create an unfair advantage/disadvantage for certain moves.

Any odd number could create a fair game. For instance, a popular 5-way game is rock-paper-scissors-Spock-lizard.

Rock crushes scissors or lizard.
Paper covers rock or disproves Spock.
Scissors cuts paper or decapitates lizard.
Spock smashes scissors or vaporizes rock.
And lizard eats paper or poisons Spock.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Paper is clearly the winning move this tournament.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Forever paper.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Rock, then.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Papers please! Because of the reasons stated above.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Rock their boat!

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

AJ_Impy posted:

Hm, didn't think they'd go for a losing choice three times. Rock, they think we'll move to paper and will bring out scissors to counter.

Rock!

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

It seems likely they'll change to paper, so let's go scissors.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

They must've learned sticking to your plan works, so paper.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

cant cook creole bream posted:

The way I see it, we should just stick with scissors till the end of the game.
Either we will win, due to some weird fluke, or we will scientifically prove that scissors is objectively the worst choice and should never be played by anyone.

I mean, I know science is important. But you cannot possibly believe that science is more important than WINNING.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Paper.

I loving told you so.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Let's go with paper then.

Note that I will kill someone if after our great 3-0 advantage they manage to win. :)

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Is nine-gear crow's blood a valid play? Because it's the only way to get out of this situation.

E: Quoting the post before it gets edited just so our game master knows why we're voting blood.

nine-gear crow posted:

I grow tired of this pathetic game.

Greetings Team Left. For those of you who do not know me, allow me to introduce myself. My name is nine-gear crow, Let's Play sub-forum super villain and a member of the failing Team Right and more importantly, I am here to defect. Not from Team Right. But from Rock Paper Scissors itself.

I come with vital information that can, if you decide to act on it, secure your victory in this war. Team Right has chosen to throw Scissors in Round 12 by majority vote. If you throw your Paper, you will lose the round and the game.

That said, if you change your vote to Rock, you will win. I can assure you though, my information is accurate. You will win. But it will be a tarnished win, a win everyone will know you cheated to acquire. Illegitimate. A dishonorable win.

So, ask yourselves. How far do you want to go to win? You say you want a win at any cost? Well, there's the key and the price. The majority of the votes are in on both sides. Covski will make the throw soon.

You can throw Paper and lose. You can throw Rock and win*. Or, perhaps, you can throw Scissors yourself and stalemate the game for another round. In which case, I'll be back, and we can do this all over again until someone makes the right choice.

You know what it is that I ask. The choice is yours.

Carbon dioxide fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Mar 1, 2017

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

A few more words are in order.

Comrades,

You know the situation. You might think of this as just a game. But deep inside you know this is not true. This is a war. But even in a war there are rules. We are honor-bound to follow them.

And it should be obvious that WE CANNOT ALLOW an enemy to walk into our camp. I am certain that post has several levels of psychological tricks in it. Well, WE'RE NOT GOING TO FALL FOR THAT.

What we need to do now is send them a message. One they cannot ignore. Luckily, we got crow right here in our camp.

And this is why I'm officially changing my vote to send them nine-gear crow's blood. And I expect you all to follow my example. For glory!

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I like the spirit of friendship going on here. Cooperate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

It was really fun. And before I came to check the result, I considered that to me, losing on points while extending a hand of friendship feels like more of a win to me than winning by betrayal.

Congratulations everyone!

• Locked thread