Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Let's do it, team! Let's choose scissors!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Welp, whaddidaye tell you? Shoulda picked scissors. We can make up for it. We can pick scissors this time!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
The other team is beginning to suspect that we are weirdoes who only play rock. Now is the opportune time to play scissors, as the odds are good they'll pull out paper for they suspect to be an easy win.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Look, I don't like having to be the person that says "I told you so", but here we are: scissors would've netted us a win. Now, the other team clearly expected us to go with rock. That's self-evident. The switch-up confused them, clearly. They know that we know that they expected us to go with rock. Now they're going to try and out-analyse us. See, they're going to think that we're going to mess with them by going back to rock--what they originally thought we'd stick with because they thought we were a bunch of rock-obsessed weirdos. We threw them off, but I doubt they're convinced. They think we're going to try and mess with them by selecting rock again. This is the only logical conclusion. If they don't believe this, they're clearly mad. Therefore, the best bet for defeating them once again lies in utilizing the unutilized: scissors.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I'm a big enough adult to admit when I'm wrong. You see, I'd begun to feel arrogant with regards to the efficacy of scissors thanks to the numerous missed opportunities we've experienced thus far in the game. To be fair, I think it's perfectly reasonable to see why I feel this way. I mean, I did get to be the "I-told-you-so" guy the last round. That, you see, that's something special. Now this time--well, this time it turns out that I was clearly in the wrong. It seems that scissors was the bad pick that round. You can see it, clear as day. The other team chose rock. This wasn't what I was expecting. Nosiree, I was certainly expecting them to overthink their move, but it turns out that it was I who was overthinking the move. I believed they would pick paper, thinking us to be weirdos who always picked rock. That wasn't the case. No. You see, they clearly chose rock. They made the right choice for the wrong reasons, though. They thought we'd make the move to scissors, offering them the opportunity to finally score a win with rock. I pushed for it. You all know I did. However, they didn't take the bait. My bad. I should've seen it coming.

However, that all aside, I think we have officially cemented our position to the other team as a bunch of weirdoes who pretty much only play rock. They saw us dabble with paper, but when it comes down to it, we're rock players at heart. Nothing else for us, but good ol'rock. It's the play Bart Simpson would make. It's the play we would make.

As such, the best move would be to do what they wouldn't expect. They've seen us play paper, but that's obviously only a ruse to confuse them. We play rock. That's what they believe. To prove my point, I have provided a handy diagram showing what I believe the other team believes:

This evidence in hand, there's only one clear option for this round: scissors

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

CirclMastr posted:

Double down on scissors!

i was worried i'd need to bring out more graphs and charts to extol the virtues of scissors, but here we are.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I have, myself, full confidence that if all the posters in this thread do their duty, if nothing is neglected, and if the best arrangements are made, as they are being made, we shall prove ourselves once again able to defend our hand, the right hand, to ride out the storm of RPS battle, and to outlive the menace and tyranny of the left hand, if necessary for years, if necessary alone.

At any rate, that is what we are going to try to do. That is the resolve of the right hand, Team Right--every poster one of us. That is the will of the Mod Team and the subforum.

The brave posters in favour of this thread and nine-gear crow who is being a grump, linked together in this cause and in our need, will defend to the death our right hand, aiding each other like good comrades to the utmost of our strength.

Even though three rounds and many old and famous RPS strategies have fallen or may fall into the grip of the left hand and all the odious apparatus of Team Left, we shall not flag or fail.

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in this thread,
we shall fight in the observer thread and the left team's thread,
we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the subforum, we shall defend our thread, whatever the cost may be,
we shall fight in the Casual LP thread,
we shall fight on private messages,
we shall fight in the Tech Support Fort and in the Super-League thread,
we shall fight in the Sandcastle;
we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this thread or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Team beyond the subforums, armed and guarded by the right team's posters, would carry on the struggle, until, in Fedule's good time, other posters, with all their power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old by encouraging us all to play scissors.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
let's play scissors!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

My people...

Goons and shitposters of the Team Right thread....

For many posts, we have been a broken team: shunned, mocked, and conquered by those we sought to outsmart.

Ten years ago, I registered this account, as though I knew it would come to this. Now, I ask for your time, and though this time has not specifically been granted by you, the posters of the thread, I can nonetheless post freely thanks to our forum's overlords.

Know this: it's you, the posters of the thread, the strength in my arm, the holders of my dreams. It is you whom I rely on to bring us to our victory.

Our OP embarked on the greatest Let's Play in the history of this subforum. An LP for freedom. The Team Right Thread became that freedom. This new thread changed our bodies--affected our minds, our instincts. At first it weakened us, providing false confidence to those Team Left infidels--but in fact, we were growing stronger.

In this time that you have given me (thank you to our Mod Overlords), I have rebuilt this thread, I have rebuilt our strength, and I have rebuilt our pride.

Our enemies at home have been re-educated; we have given them new insights into our cause.

On this day, we stand united once more. On this day, those that drive to divide us will hear our voice! On this day, we shall act as one, and we shall be ignored NO MORE!

Defenders of the Team Right dream, NOW IS THE TIME TO PLAY SCISSORS!!!

Sally fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Mar 1, 2017

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Dr. Fetus posted:

WHAT DID YOU DO!? :catstare:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
We should cooperate. If we betray, we are no better than nine-gear crow--and we wouldn't want that. Presumably the other team feels the same way and they will also cooperate. If they betray and we cooperate, then we may lose by a point, but we'll win the greatest victory of all: the moral victory. That, and we'll know what I suspected all along: that Team Left is comprised entirely of nine-gear crows.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

GNU Order posted:

It's kind of a buzzkill that the game isn't ending with RPS, though.

What about a couple day's recess followed by a heads up, winner-takes-all, crow-free, RPS Royale?

I think this makes for a pretty exciting "shoot out" round as tiebreaker. At this point, we have gone beyond RPS. No longer do we ask "can we outwit our foes?" No, no we ask "can we trust them?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
lol @ crows new probate reason.

• Locked thread