Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Honestly, there really isn't much to go on at this point. So I'm all for rock just so we have a first move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

GNU Order posted:

I think they will consider throwing paper again to be the riskiest play, so I think we are safe throwing Rock. We all know about winner stays, loser moves so even if we stabilize with a draw I think we'll come out ahead. I predict they will throw rock as well but if they try and overthink themselves they could throw scissors and we could steal a win.

Something to consider is that they're 1 point ahead of us, so they might be willing to use a risky play since they have room for error.

That said, I do agree with this strategy as. Rock.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Same, let's go with Paper.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Okay, from that round, they clearly expected us to stick with rock yet again. However, now we established that we won't pick rock all the time which makes things uncertain for them. I say that we take advantage of that and double back to rock since they won't be expecting that move.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

We have not posted a single win in three straight rounds. Purge the team and start over :commissar:

But we only lost once. :colbert:

If anything, the ties are getting us valuable intel.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I agree. Scissors hasn't been broken out yet, and I doubt they'll go with Rock.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I think staying with scissors is the best choice here. For one thing, I doubt scissors will come out since they haven't used it, and we already pulled that card last round, eliminating the need to have it show up. But I think they are fairly likely to switch, and the only other choice left is paper. So let's head them off and cut them down.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

There is no hope left. All is lost. But let's go back to our roots. Let's go back to the very first move we made. Let's go with rock.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Feb 21, 2017

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

Give Left the finger and quit the game. I hate all of you.

If we are going down, we are doing it with honor. :colbert:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

Refer to my previous statement.

I should have joined Team Left :suicide:

GNU Order posted:

It is this kind of causal attitude that brought us to this point. Apparently this is all just fun and games to some of us.

I was under the impression that this would be a serious match. If you're not willing to die for the glove you shouldn't be voting for the glove

I think it is clear from these statements that the glove should be taken off. It is driving us to madness.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I agree with rock. They have to switch at some point. And if they don't, we tie at the very least. This isn't much to go on, but it's all we have left.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

They have played rock 5 times in a row. :eyepop: It's not us who are the crazies that play rock. It's them. Let's punish that by playing paper.

Edit: Changed my vote.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Feb 25, 2017

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Oblivion4568238 posted:

True enough. Paper. No wait hang on.

We've already proven we won't go three Rocks in a row, and we're at two right now. They've just proven that they'll play Rock literally (figuratively) forever. This is their time, this is a bait to make us play Paper now. It'll go exactly as AlphaKretin there says, and the moral victory of making them play Scissors will not measure up to getting shut out in a Goddamn game of Rock Paper Scissors. They'll expect us to switch, since we haven't gone three-in-a-row before, and they'll expect that we'll expect them to keep playing Rock. So yeah, they'll play Scissors alright... and we'll snatch up a victory with Rock.

EDIT2: On the other hand, I made pretty much this exact prediction two rounds ago, when they had only just begun playing Rock forever, and it was wrong then. Maybe they really will just keep playing Rock until they lose one. I don't know anymore, but I do think our lack of going three-in-a-row in the past makes it more likely that now is the time they will change things up.

You know what? You've convinced me. I'm changing my vote to rock. Even if we lose, we at least went down with the move we started with. And if they don't switch, we just tie again I guess.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I can't believe I almost fell for such an obvious ploy. :stonk:

I never should have lost faith in the rock. I don't know what they'll do, but I feel like that's the safest play to make.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I highly doubt they'll go with scissors again. It's proven to be a losing move so far in this entire match.

Let's go with paper to show that rock has forsaken them if they make that choice.

Of course there is the possibility they'll use their 1 point buffer to triple down and stick with scissors to catch us out. I dunno.

EDIT: Changed vote.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Feb 27, 2017

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I'm fairly certain they won't bother with scissors. It's been a losing move for everyone so far, and rocks are just being thrown everywhere. So that leaves paper and scissors as our real choices. If we want to play mind games and bet on the fact that they'll think we'll go with rock, it could be a valid choice this time around. On the other hand, there's the risk of them playing rock. If we play paper, the worst that can happen is that we'll tie with them.

They're both valid choices, but I'd say paper is potentially the safer play here. Though I don't think it's guaranteed to give us safety. Of course, it might be likely that they won't go with rock after the quintuple rock play, so who knows.

This is of course, assuming that team left is not completely insane and will go with scissors yet again despite the fact that it won no one a point so far.

EDIT: We do kind of have an advantage in that us winning is not something they're probably not used to since it hasn't happened until now, and they probably don't know what to do since they have no idea what to expect from us. So making the safe play may not necessarily be the best choice here.

EDIT 2: Come to think of it, risking a tie may not be worth it. If we tie, we'll lose our only advantage and be giving them information instead, leaving us at a bit of a loss for the next round. In another situation, it would be a fairly even trade of sorts, but they're 3-2 right now. They only need to win one more time.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Feb 27, 2017

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Yeah, after thinking about it for a while, it might be finally time for scissors to shine. And in the off chance that team left really was insane, we tie at least.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

:stare: What is this feeling? Is it hope? I didn't think we would ever get to this point. I think no matter what happens here, I'll be satisfied.

I don't think rock is the best move to make here. Playing rock now means we're expecting them to play scissors or rock. And just because we won with scissors last round, doesn't necessarily mean we'll see it come out this round. Take a look at their behavior. They doubled down on the same move after we won once. Then switched to the move that would trump ours in the last round. So with that (extremely small sample size) as evidence, I think paper is our best move for this round. They're either going to double down on paper, or switch back to rock. I feel both are very likely outcomes based on their past throws. I just don't think scissors is likely to come out from their side. Not when it hasn't worked for them, and only worked for us so far.

EDIT: I have been swayed by the rousing speech of Blind Sally's.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Mar 1, 2017

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

GNU Order posted:

I'll go ahead and make my vote for Paper but I still think they're going to throw paper again

Wouldn't it be better to vote for scissors in that case?

:golfclap: It's a shame you weren't around for the last round. To make up for it, commence Operation: Scissors! :patriot:

If we lose, we'll go down in a blaze of glory anyway. 3 wins is a good score to end things on.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Mar 1, 2017

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

It appears the lot of you have forced my hand. You'll thank me when this is all over.

I change my vote to Abstain and give Scissors the majority. And to destroy this game.

WHAT DID YOU DO!? :catstare:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Operation scissors might have been compromised! Who knows what Crow told them! :gonk:

We're probably back to square one in that we have no idea what move is going to be thrown at all. I don't know what move I should even go with now!

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Mar 1, 2017

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Cooperate. I don't know who was supposed to win at the last round (Assuming it wouldn't have been a tie anyway), but I think at this point, there only deserves to be one loser. Crow.

Crow's Rap Sheet posted:

Cheating at Rock Paper Scissors. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours.

He even attempted to cheat at Rock Paper Scissors previously. Let that sink in. As far as I know, team left hasn't done anything like that.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

CirclMastr posted:

That was yesterday. He was probated for what he just did, not some previous incident.

He was probated before he did whatever he did in team left. Look at his probation time and the time that he decided to betray us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

It was an honor to fight alongside you all. :patriot:

Never forget the treachery of the crow.

• Locked thread