Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rats Tossbag
Jan 16, 2014

I am in favor of Rock:

a) Such a move would be unexpected due to the general expectation of rock being the first move and thus an expectation on their part that rock will not be played.

b) If they are basing their move on the fact that rock is the most likely first play, paper will be considered but likely thrown out as too obvious, leaving scissors to be crushed by our powerful, unexpected rock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rats Tossbag
Jan 16, 2014

ROCK AGAIN :black101:

Rats Tossbag
Jan 16, 2014

I agree with the reasoning that's already been posted. Let's go with scissors

Rats Tossbag
Jan 16, 2014

Fine. Rock. Whatever.

Rats Tossbag
Jan 16, 2014

I think they might go for scissors again. They've proven that they go for unexpected moves, and re-throwing scissors after it just cost them a point would be pretty unexpected.

Except I'm expecting it. Rock.

Rats Tossbag
Jan 16, 2014

I'm going with paper. I don't think they'll stick with scissors- they've made the play of sticking with one throw for ages before. If they switch away from scissors then we'll either win or draw, and in the event of a draw we'll gain more insight into what they're playing at.

Plus if they don't switch and we lose, at least we will have gone down swinging.

Rats Tossbag
Jan 16, 2014

Oh my god I don't feel qualified to make a suggestion. This is the comeback of the century.

gently caress it, ROCK.

Rats Tossbag
Jan 16, 2014

Crowwwwwwwwwww :argh:

Rats Tossbag
Jan 16, 2014

Hm. I think we should betray. There's not really a downside to doing so, apart from seeming like dicks. I don't give a poo poo if we seem like dicks, we've clawed our way back from nothing and going for the victory is the only option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rats Tossbag
Jan 16, 2014

Awww, now I feel bad for choosing to betray. Well played everyone.

• Locked thread