Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
but my wife wont get off my back!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
and when she sits around the house she sits AROUND the house lol

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Is it more difficult to carry your wife or the typewriter to the coffee shop?

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
my wife cant leave the house both legally and physically

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I hope you're smoking both a symbolic and literal pipe while you write

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
i switch between pipe and chewing an AUTHENTIC cuban cigar :clint:

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Is it about me / my posting?

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
you have a slight influence on the character " The impotent mail man"

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
most of your influence is in his weiner :smug:

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
OP there are no more "american" novels, we are part of the soviet union now. Will this be reflected in your novel? Will Trump be accurately depicted as Putin's little orange catamite?

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
this is a rugged tale about a humble garbage man that takes the nation by their heart and souls and never lets go he is sort of ghangis khan meets the segergant in hogan's heroes.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I'm writing a book op, I've got 257 pages right now, should end up being right around 300, so I'm almost done.

I thought it would be easy to write a book, turns out it is really hard and my book sucks rear end! Figure I may as well finish it as this point though.

Thanks for listening and god bless

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
im writing things i need at kroger

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Cn the garbage man wear a leotard and be really beefy?

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
a friend of mines mother always buys tp when she goes to the grocery because she once had three girls in a house hold so they always needed it but now all but one has flown the coup and she has a literal closet full of TP she just forgets everytime!

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Enfield posted:

im writing things i need at kroger

How many pages?

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
garbage man protagonist ( MAIN CHARACETR) wears a onesie thats three sizes too big but he does love beef stew! :pseudo:

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
btw that "friend" Is actually the garbage man's love interest in the book the reluctdant cashier, i like to build realistic characters ;)

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
The garbage talks to him but no one else can hear it. He solves crimes with the information he receives.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

I was writing a lengthy post about why it is unlikely that there will ever be another "great" novel on account of the declining importance of the novel in terms of impact on culture and also due to oversaturation of media preventing any one modern piece of media from dominating attention, but then i realized no one cares so stopped writing that in favour of this smaller post which describes the original, while still being too long to be something people want to read.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
thats why his onesie is so big he brings the garbage with him for clues, the police thinks he is a misfit because he tried to bring three old chinese containers to positively ID a murder suspect

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm writing a shopping list, here's what i have so far:

apples
green onions
cherry tomatoes
crackers
eggs

it is a work in progress, but what do you all think?

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
i hate it.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

OctoberBlues posted:

I'm writing a book op, I've got 257 pages right now, should end up being right around 300, so I'm almost done.

I thought it would be easy to write a book, turns out it is really hard and my book sucks rear end! Figure I may as well finish it as this point though.

Thanks for listening and god bless

What's it about

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Smash it Smash hit posted:

a friend of mines mother always buys tp when she goes to the grocery because she once had three girls in a house hold so they always needed it but now all but one has flown the coup and she has a literal closet full of TP she just forgets everytime!

Lotta bra stuffing going on in that household.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

It's about a guy who wakes up in an alley with no memories and nothing in his pockets. Sounds promising, but sucks rear end!

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
what do you do when you have no memories and no money? you become a garbage man and get your memories from the trash :pseudo:

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

what do you do when you have no memories and no money? you become a garbage man and get your memories from the trash :pseudo:

:stare:

Thats loving brilliant

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

this story's bout mah uncle terry, and you aint gonna like it

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
:qq: WHINY SHITHEAD :qq:
*drops mic*

but my wife wont get off my back!

That's never stopped us proud Finns.

Finn up, man!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

That guy with the accordion wasn't invited but just try to stop him

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

...and the pitch! posted:

That guy with the accordion wasn't invited but just try to stop him

gently caress you, that man can marry and carry an accordion if he wants to!

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
gbs please focus on my great american novel, who will play my lead in the made for tv movie?

please dont troll or poo poo post, we need to be a flag ship for the forums guys

please stay on topic.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

gbs please focus on my great american novel, who will play my lead in the made for tv movie?

please dont troll or poo poo post, we need to be a flag ship for the forums guys

please stay on topic.

I see it more as an animated movie

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
:qq: WHINY SHITHEAD :qq:
*drops mic*

William Katt of course.

I mean, he's already been in The Greatest American Hero.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I see it more as an animated movie

now you are talking, we can really jump on this whole "anime" bandwagon smart move

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I was thinking maybe tony danza could play the lead?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

now you are talking, we can really jump on this whole "anime" bandwagon smart move

anime??

for a great AMERICAN novel???

that will not be a smash hit Smash it Smash hit, so smash it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

OctoberBlues posted:

I was thinking maybe tony danza could play the lead?

Tony Danza would be perfect as long as the protagonist is named Tony.

• Locked thread