Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Smash it Smash hit posted:

most of your influence is in his weiner :smug:

Well in that case I sure hope I get a huge boner by the end of it, like with all great works of fiction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Ps: I have a boner rn

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
*points at boner

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
Okay I am thinking that the garbage man can be repreeented by a down on his luck samurai from an unknown tribe in the up coming anime series????

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I am going to pan your novel in my white nationalist zine as ZOG propaganda. Your sales in rural Kansas are kaput.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
Pm me

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
His side kick is a old gross milk carton that has a missing child's info on it MISSING CHILD IS him!!!

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
gently caress I shouldn't have read the spoiler

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Be careful Smashy! A man can not live on The Next Great American Novel alone, and when you stare into The Next Great American Novel, The Next Great American Novel also stares into you!!

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
After I establish myself as the next great American novelist I will supplant myself as the next great American link from the past yaoi fanfic writer

Baby steps

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!
People are gonna call your second book a "post modern masterpiece that exposes a darker side of society that we rarely see and can't fully agree with" or some poo poo.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Sole.Sushi posted:

People are gonna call your second book a "post modern masterpiece that exposes a darker side of society that we rarely see and can't fully agree with" or some poo poo.

yeah and its going to have shadow link sucking off link

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Am I the only person who finds the majority of "Great American novels" and "Classic literature" massively overrated and that it only retains that position because if anything new is good, people immediately jump in screaming about the classics as if nothing can ever compare.

Sure there's some worthy of that praise but a lot of them are kind of clunky and would be thought of as terrible if someone made them now.

ED: Keep in mind I did say some, there are many that have proven pretty timeless (like Heart of Darkness) and others that.. have aged really badly but nobody'd admit it because people get irrate if you go against the grain on them.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Feb 14, 2017

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
Can you handle a slice of this American Life?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

His side kick is a old gross milk carton that has a missing child's info on it MISSING CHILD IS him!!!

Contact M. Night Shalyaman, you just made yourself $100,000

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Blazing Ownager posted:

Contact M. Night Shalyaman, you just made yourself $100,000

emailnig him now boy he is going to flip!!!!!

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
im in the middle of writing a big book about sucking dicks. its called op lmbo

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Blazing Ownager posted:

Am I the only person who finds the majority of "Great American novels" and "Classic literature" massively overrated and that it only retains that position because if anything new is good, people immediately jump in screaming about the classics as if nothing can ever compare.

Sure there's some worthy of that praise but a lot of them are kind of clunky and would be thought of as terrible if someone made them now.

ED: Keep in mind I did say some, there are many that have proven pretty timeless (like Heart of Darkness) and others that.. have aged really badly but nobody'd admit it because people get irrate if you go against the grain on them.

Ah yes the Comp Sci creed

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
i am writing the next great christian tract book i am thinking maybe the devil and roller skates????:confused:???

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i'm writing a shopping list, here's what i have so far:

apples
green onions
cherry tomatoes
crackers
eggs

it is a work in progress, but what do you all think?

keep going, I have no idea wtf you're making with those so far, like even "cream cheese" would give it coherence and narrative thrust for example

holy penis worship
Feb 14, 2017

by Smythe
i am here from https://www.tribalwar.com/forums

buy my book https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/718240416596889600

#killyourparents

Somebody fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Feb 14, 2017

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
oh my god dare, how have you been?

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

i am writing the next great christian tract book i am thinking maybe the devil and roller skates????:confused:???

The devil as a Latino woman with a bush so full its blown out her bikini bottom like a fist

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

https://youtu.be/aDTwO0TlwOU

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

novel was never great american

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
:qq: WHINY SHITHEAD :qq:
*drops mic*
That feeling when you download the Dare 55552.pdf and it saves as 55552(1).pdf.

My poor poor hard drive. :smithicide:

sout
Apr 24, 2014

autoaim.cfg posted:

That feeling when you download the Dare 55552.pdf and it saves as 55552(1).pdf.

My poor poor hard drive. :smithicide:

Can someone summarise what the gently caress he's talking about in that doc or is that an impossible question?

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
I'm biting the next American novel from you

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
are you going to jack it and try to kill your wife and child while at a deserted mountain resort?

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
:qq: WHINY SHITHEAD :qq:
*drops mic*

sout posted:

Can someone summarise what the gently caress he's talking about in that doc or is that an impossible question?

It's completely impossible, I'm sorry.

Just click the Google drive link and stare into the abyss.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
BE TRANSPARENT BE HONEST TELL THE TRUTH

cadie's singularity

cadie's singularity

cadie's singularity

cadie's singularity

cadie's singularity

kill your ego at all costs ego kills in the end. the hive mind band wagon effect is real both online and in

real life.

mass panics are still possible. but you can viral them into positive things.

man i love me some dare

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Is that... a PENIS?

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

sout posted:

its literally a schizophrenic breakdown i wish i still had the books my friend wrote that was ALOT like this but we lost them when i had to sneak him out of a hotel room he trashed

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

College Slice
Nurture that nature

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
i have just spent time in the forest living off the land, i have come back ready to construct my novel.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I finished my novel yesterday! It is 75,126 words, although it still needs to be edited, which I will probably never do because it is so loving awful I don't want to have to read it.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
fax me

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Nolan Arenado posted:

I finished my novel yesterday! It is 75,126 words, although it still needs to be edited, which I will probably never do because it is so loving awful I don't want to have to read it.

You're a great writer, don't edit anything!!!! Release into the world as it should be in a pure state

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
i dont think there are even that many words! Lol or did you repeat some? My novel doesnt use any word more than once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

OP, best of luck on your novel. I have one suggestion, you're free to use if you like it. (Note: I am an American so this suggestion could tip your novel a bit more America on the scales)

When writing the novel's sex scenes, don't just write "he let out a bestial noise while he emptied his testicles into her privates." Be descriptive! What kind of a beast was his sound closest to? The more descriptive the better when it comes to setting a sexy scene.

• Locked thread