Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Vegetable posted:

impressive, what was your strategy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTdQ7Xx4Q34

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Overwatch ranks somewhere around Undertale for most over rated lovely game of all time, but Overwatch fans don't need as much therapy as Undertale fans.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone who says Dragon Age 1 wasn't boring, easy and dumb is a loving liar. I have literally nothing better to do with my time and still couldn't stand it.

Oh hey a final battle is coming? Let me go recruit some dwarves. Oh we are going to go through 40 hours of the dwarven elections, talking to 30 NPCs to convince them of who they should vote for while I run a fetch ques *snoring*

I returned it after I woke up but not before I completely broke the games combat, I was never in any danger and that scripted sequence when you get surrounded by 50 soldiers? I steamrolled them all without losing any health and had to give myself up to the invincible quest NPC because that was how the scripted cutscene progressed.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Marvel Vs Capcom is a retarded game and all of the idiots that play it professionally should be shamed in a stockade in the middle of Times Square because every match is spamming the same overpowered moves at each other in a game of Pong with a graphical interface

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Rutibex posted:

looks like someone went online and learned that fighting games are hard

i thought you were cool Chomp, but I guess your actually a Chump

Fighting games are the easiest games next to virtual novels, and some of those require more work than hitting the same 3 buttons 40 times in a row

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Will fighting game enthusiasts be as defensive about their two finger games as RTS spergs were about starcraft or league of the ancients or whatever

tune in to find out

*fires 30 hadokens* :smug: watch out ladies I'm a professional

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

mind the walrus posted:

The Binding of Isaac did a Rougelike well because it was quick, snappy, and had a relatively low number of possible iterations that were impossible to predict with accuracy but possible to utilize with precision given enough experience, and it rarely punched you in the dick in the first few levels cause "git gud". I played an utter trash game called 20XX which is "Mega Man X meets Castlevania Symphony of the Night meets a Rougelike" which was at least 2 things too many, where looking at the sheer breadth of poo poo to do was exasperating and the engine nowhere near tight enough to make the prospect fun.

This reminds me, Binding of Isaac is the next overrated thing to Undertale.

People prefer it to things like Enter the Gungeon because it's babies first bullet hell. All the items make you an overpowered god and the game looks like a newgrounds flash game.

Oh boo hoooooo I only successfully complete 3/4ths of my runs and the only content in the game is beating it multiple times because it's so easy.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Blazing Ownager posted:

It's still the best of the whole Roguelike craze hands down, there's just too many bat poo poo combinations of things you can get.

Exhibit A

A person who loves that BOI is a win simulator with overpowered upgrades

*gets bullets that would carry you through the game in the first map*
*spends the rest of the game gleefully clapping and hooting*

There is a reason why the extra content is "Beat the game x times" "Beat the game + new level x times" "Beat the game + new level + new level x times"

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Das Butterbrot posted:

boi and gungeon are not bullethells.

quote:

Enter the Gungeon
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Gungeon)
Genre(s) Bullet hell, roguelike

Enter the Gungeon is a bullet hell roguelike video game developed by Dodge Roll and published by Devolver Digital.

Steam posted:

Enter the Gungeon is a bullet hell dungeon crawler following a band of misfits seeking to shoot, loot, dodge roll and table-flip their way to personal absolution by reaching the legendary Gungeon’s ultimate treasure: the gun that can kill the past.
User reviews:
RECENT: Very Positive (547 reviews)
OVERALL: Very Positive (9,823 reviews)
Release Date: Apr 5, 2016
Popular user-defined tags for this product:
Bullet Hell Pixel Graphics Rogue-like Difficult +

And binding of isaac sure isn't because it's a glorified single button game that's labelled "WIN" and it gives a reward response every time you press it.

Space Crabs fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jun 11, 2017

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Dota is stupid garbage and anyone who brags about "Commanding a win" should be sterilized along with anyone who has ever played league of legends.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
pacifist runs and stealth games are for bitch cowards

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CowboyAndy posted:

After Undertale perfected it, everyone else just gave up.

undertale perfected being a detector to see who is hosed up, needs therapy and likes lovely garbage

everyone who likes it

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Anime Store Adventure posted:

It's too bad that the game is another WB Games Beat em up clone because boy is there nothing more boring than learning the same sequence of buttons for every single fight. People complain about quick time events but seem to love these games. If I played Batman, Mad Max, Or Shadow of Mordor all on low graphics and squinted I bet I couldn't tell the difference at all.

I dunno, I thought Mad Max was boring as poo poo as you only ever really fight like 3-5 guys at most at one time and there is no point in any of the special moves.

At least Shadow of Mordor you could be in the middle of a huge amount of enemies doing bullet time bow shots and executions and then run into the captains and warlords that had different abilities.

Mad Max was just like 500 shirtless dudes wanting to fist fight you while you mash the punch and counter buttons.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Oblivion was better than Skyrim for the simple fact of arrow mechanics.

In Oblivion if you were good enough you could hit a monster with a sneak attack further than the draw distance of the map, so some of the more annoying monsters you could hit 5+ times before they got up in your face.

Skyrim if you were more than 10 feet away from something your arrows apparently just disappeared. You could see a bandit or someone standing around staring and line up perfect head shots which alerted them to your presence but did no damage. Which made the running backwards while firing phenomenon 10x worse than it was in oblivion, and since I exclusively use bows it ruined the entire game for me.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
:colbert:

Stealth Archery is way more fun than 36,000 sword whacks or magic that gives you a magical sword for 36,000 sword whacks. Magic is for gays. Unarmed is swords without the clangs.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dr.Smasher posted:

Indeed. It is becoming more like Undertale.

I don't think undertale being dogshit is an unpopular opinion anymore. The guy that posted 3 million undertale images in the PYF weird/awesome fanart thread is one of the most ignored users on the forums.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Final Fantasy 8 is probably the best final fantasy game ever made, and all final fantasy games suck.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Player Unknowns Battlegrounds is a extremely over rated game because of idiots that like running around for 20 minutes before someone kills them in 0.5 seconds, hoping that they will be the one to kill someone in 0.5 seconds

It's a bigger waste of time than EvE online and that's saying a lot.

The calls of "GIT GUD" come from autists that like spending 99.9% of their time anticipating something

Space Crabs fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jul 27, 2017

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
will people defending that irredeemable garbage PUBG be the next "um actually RTS are good" type screeds in this thread

tune in at 11:00 to find out

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Meme Emulator posted:

How about you post a real problem with PUBG instead of going "Uhh nothing ever happens and the games take too long" which is insane considering its the snappiest of this type of game to exist

Like I said theres a million things you could rip PUBG on like the forced third person perspective allowing people to peek over hills and around corners constantly, the horribly optimized engine, the recently unveiled money grubbing scheme, and on and on but no, you said something dumb and you got corrected.

Sorry you like a lovely game, but "The Least Boring of the Genre" doesn't mean the game isn't boring.

The smallest turd of a pile still tastes like poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Meme Emulator posted:

Im saying your argument is lovely, not that the game is good. Thats why I ripped into it with many good arguments of my own, but youre still trying to post as if I care about it. Thats not the point im trying to make at all, please open your eyes and read the posts.

Let me tell you repeatedly how little I care as I shrink into the tumbleweed that blows by during 99.9% of the play time in PUBG