Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Elden ring is about going to space with your wife

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

Songbearer posted:

Elden Ring I chose the worst ending because I had no idea why people would actually want to live in a world as miserable as The Lands Between. Even with Waifu McPlotterson begging me not to because people still Live Laugh Love I couldn't help but want it all gone because you don't actually get to see anything other than just pure suffering wherever you go

If everyone is sad in Elden ring, explain this

https://youtu.be/gw3fqbsLFp4?si=3-tiyrnCvjY_fRsT

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

Nice Van My Man posted:

No game I've played has had a more miserable online community of perfectionists than Left 4 Dead 2, years after its popularity peak. I started playing it because a friend played, and he would be telling me the optimal thing to do all the time so for the most part I could pass as a pro, but the second one sub optimal move came out people would instantly quit. I'm not talking lost an engagement or even got hit, I'm talking about looked in the slightly wrong direction while rounding a corner. People would alt tab out and look up your profile to check if you had 1000 hours and if you didn't it was an instant quit. Not even cuss you out in chat for being a noob, just gone.

And at the time it took like 30 minutes to find a game, so there were people out there just waiting for hours and getting bent out of shape that they weren't in an optimal game who would rather stare at the loading screen. Even people who scream over mic in DotA seem less deranged.

I have a friend who played hundreds of hours of L4D and CS in their heyday. He would encourage me to play optimally, but he was pretty chill about it. He wouldn't get angry when I wouldn't stand perfectly still in the tiny, bugged part of the geometry that makes you invincible for a five minute game event. I wanted to run around and shoot zombies. Standing still was boring. Some of his online friends, however, were the worst people I've ever played games with. One person yelled at for jumping too much when we were in safe rooms. They said I was hyperactive. Like pressing space bar takes a lot of energy.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

they're masterworks all, you can't go wrong

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

it's a huge bummer that they removed the original opening song from later releases

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZNbabKjKpA

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

doesn't patches kick you off a cliff the moment he remembers who he is? that's pretty funny

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

At first it looks like you have options, because it presents you with things like Combat Arts and Prosthetic tools, but you should almost never use them because you'll be punished for it. You're better off just pressing the button at the right time. You can move, and dodge, but it's more efficient to press the button at the right time.

I love Souls games, but I feel this. I ignored prosthetic tools almost completely in Sekiro and focused completely on parrying. I did use some helpful combat arts, though. Elden Ring gave me so many items and options, but all I really needed to do is dodge enemy attacks and then hit them back with my giant Berserk sword. At least during a first playthrough, my brain is too dumb to think about cycling through optimal consumables during a boss fight while trying to learn its attack patterns at the same time.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

Speaking of Elden Ring, open world was a mistake. It wasn't that much fun to explore or fight in, and the devs knew it. So they give you a mount almost immediately to let you beeline to the actual fun parts of the game. FF7 Rebirth does the same thing.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

haddedam posted:

Neither was crafting.

All the resource gathering in Rebirth has a "oops, we forgot to give you something to do in the overworld" vibe

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

fridge corn posted:

You don't need to parry in bloodborne all that much or at all really

Getting Ludwig's Holy Blade and turning it into a greatsword was a very rip and tear moment for me. I don't think I ever parried again in that game

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

tormented souls is a souls silent hill

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

After playing crisis core and trying to figure out who some of these ancillary characters are and seeing all the FF7 tie in games (and movie) I have come to the conclusion that FF7series is the Kingdom Hearts of something. Final Fantasy games, I guess.

That really clicked for me when all the guys in black hooded robes showed up

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

I remember feeling like you were given way less game to actually play in kotor if you were evil. Like major side quests could be ended at step 1 with you robbing some grandma instead of herding her nerfs. I think it was well over a decade until I was convinced to try playing an evil character again in a game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

They should just finish making Hades 2 instead of charging people to beta test it