Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

megallica
Nov 4, 2008

Oh god, my brain is full of BEES!!
Possibly unpopular opinion: there hasn't been a good run of survival horror game since around Silent Hill 3's era and never will be. Outlast, The Evil Within and Amnesia: The Dark Descent are good games, but really lack replayability. I miss the alternate endings and unique weapons. I also find the artistic and sound design a bit lacking. Action horror is where things are now and it makes me a bit sad. Indie horror is 98% garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

megallica
Nov 4, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

Evil Within 1 sucked dog dick though.

It was a sloppy doggy bj...But it did feel good.:buddy:

The Evil Within 2 is pretty much better than the first game in every way. I just got into it a few days ago. My biggest complaint is the needless sandbox like element and a little too much crafting for my taste.

megallica
Nov 4, 2008

I'm sick of seeing needless RPG elements in thrown into games. Grinding to pad out the game. Same with definition of an 'open world'. I'm sick of doing chores so I can get to meat and potatoes of gameplay. Not every game needs to be 30hrs long. :mad:

megallica
Nov 4, 2008

FF12: The Zodiac Age is the best Final Fantasy game. The rest are good but FF12 blends the best of turn based and real time combat. It accomadates whatever playstyle you like, whether it be turn based or real time like.The gambit system allows you to "set it and forget" when you want certain party members to do specific thing constantly.(no stopping to do curjas is the middle of combat. White mage pretty much on auto pilot). And instead of everybody being able to do the same thing eventually you party members have specific jobs/class.

Oh and here's my favorite: it has the least amount of anime-teen bullshit.

Though FF12 does seem to be getting more love than when it originally released. The Zodiac Age really did change and improve the game mechanics compared to the original NA release.

megallica
Nov 4, 2008

Oh and I forgot this. Cactoids are in FF12. :3:

https://m.imgur.com/yeP68k9