Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Call it good or bad or whatever but it wasn't much fun

Essentially sums up the last couple hours of every single Dark Souls entry in a sentence for me, honestly.

Except for Elden Ring. Where that sentiment could stand in as my opinion of the game as a whole. I still have no idea why Elden Ring exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009
I've only ever been able to put a ton of time into slow-paced, dense RPGs like the King's Field series or the OG Dark Souls or, like, Daggerfall or Morrowind or some poo poo.

We should've stopped making RPGs after those, too. gently caress Elden Boss Rush it's bad >:C

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

Vampire Panties posted:

Ironically, games like Destiny 2 which are designed to be huge timesinks, never really clicked for me because it was it too much work/coordination with internet strangers to do the higher level content

Precisely why I could never get into MMORPGs despite really wanting to. Closest I ever got was joining up with goonswarm in EVE, mostly because there wasn't really any coordination there, just alcohol and vibes, the way god intended.

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009
I'd be more concerned with gametime counters if 99% of my highest-played-by-time games weren't that way because they bundled a launcher that sits in your system tray for 20+ hours a day and still counts as playtime on Steam unless you remember to close it or put your computer to sleep.