Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Literally every game is played best on the hardest difficulty with no HUD if you play any other way you are a weak child

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Squashing Machine posted:

Finally finished RDR2, about halfway in I started ignoring every side mission and just plowed through the yellow dots so I could get the drat story over with. I feel like I'm coming down with brain cancer, the game is an achievement in a lot of ways but I found myself deeply not enjoying it half the time. Side activities like bounties and poker pay out extremely small amounts of money compared to what story missions give you, but I guess that's not a huge problem because there's barely anything to spend your money on except for a slightly faster horse and a larger wardrobe. Combat amounts to "lock on target and tilt your control stick slightly up for a headshot." The world's chockablock with animals I'll never hunt and herbs I'll never pick because the satchels and trapper clothes are completely unnecessary, and you can just buy tonics (in the rare event that you need them) instead of going through the whole struggle of actually making them. It just feels like an absolute ton of work went into building this massive environment and then they filled it with nothing. Breath of the Wild constantly rewarded you for being curious and was an absolute joy to play, RDR2 rewards your curiosity with the possibility of a 15-minute ride back to camp carrying $.75 in poor rabbit pelts.

Turn off the sissy settings

I’m over 250 hours into RDR2 and I just got to chapter 4 today

I can’t kmagjne how boring and lame this badass game would be if the game played itself