Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ovenboy
Nov 16, 2014

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Well now the thread is in that post-slapfight stage where nobody really wants to post so let me just go ahead and say the Witcher 3 is bad.

I gotta say that that game really hit the spot for me back in -15 or whenever. I was intensely homesick having lived in a city for a while, and riding around seeing the wind bend the trees just brought me back home to the windy, wooded, island I grew up on. It was great, and I liked that even the random notice board quests felt like someone had written and worked on them rather than the bear rear end collecting I was used to in side quests back then. Good vibes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ovenboy
Nov 16, 2014

veni veni veni posted:

I hate when games make me kill harmless animals to upgrade my poo poo. Like, I'm playing a game where everything is trying to kill me except these things and you are gonna make me kill them all so I can have better poo poo. Lame. Also it's rarely even a fun mechanic because it almost always takes no effort while also wasting my time.

Everything that's trying to kill you are probably just collecting adventurers' scrotums in order to upgrade their rupee purses.

ovenboy
Nov 16, 2014

"I regret this crit build, half the knaves that even make it through the maze are cleft from clew to earring with even the most accidental taint-blow, they look like casseroles down there :("

ovenboy
Nov 16, 2014

Those animations were mindbogglingly good back in the day, though.

ovenboy
Nov 16, 2014

QuarkJets posted:

Disco Elysium is not a RPG

I don't know what it is, a depression simulator?

What makes you think it isn't a RPG?

ovenboy
Nov 16, 2014

Lies of Pete Molyneux

ovenboy
Nov 16, 2014

TBLALV posted:

I dunno games are weird. I had Sechiro 'click' during the Lady Butterfly fight and happily went through the entire game despite its low points because getting the timing and rhythm of fights along with getting the louder 'CHING' sound of a perfect parry hit all the serotonin synapses in my dying brain

And then I tried Bloodborne and never got the timing of the gun parries and it never felt right and I dropped it after 2 hours

Same here, I was having a hard time up to Lady Butterfly and died to her tons of times until something clicked and I felt like Neo figuring out the matrix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ovenboy
Nov 16, 2014

In balatro the number of hands is you hp (hand points??), your cards in hand are your mana, and your number of discards are your stamina. I think this will be the norm going forward.