Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

Bill Goldberg posted:

welcome to earf

drat I laughed before but maybe smarks are just idiot racists

maybe roman reigns ....

is good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
and man did I lol at that crutch shot to the titties

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Do not even ask posted:

Can't wait for Charlotte's 16th reign. wooo

One fourth of the way there already

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Benign
Oct 20, 2008

And I Quote!
I hope evil emma comes back and takes back dana. Charlotte doesn't deserve her.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Medgar Evers, World War 2 veteran and black activist, worked to enact voting rights and desegregation, campaigning individual cases for acceptance into the University of Mississippi. He was buried with full military honors after being assassinated in 1954 by Byron de la Beckwith, a member of the White Citizens' Council, over concerns of black integration into schools. de la Beckwith would remain free after two mistrials, but would subsequently be convicted over new evidence, in 1994.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's only funny once.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

https://twitter.com/BooDooPerson/status/831356514984198144

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I think it's inherently novel for WWE to use Black History Month for something other than the second grade public school curriculum.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I will never be able to forgive Kevin Steen, he is dead to me, what a cold, heartless bastard...poor Chris, genuine friend till the end, the candle that burns twice as bright burns half as long~~~

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

I'm the kid in the front row

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
K put the title on Goldberg. Owens has to DIE

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

More on my defending the Bayley thing overly much. I'm a mark for Bayley, her winning tonight is great to me, and it went well (the match and crowd reaction), good booking, these things aligning is all positive in my book.

I can dig that people have concerns with the long term booking, but the Charlotte pattern will be broken at some point, probably won't take as long as Undertaker's.

My fav wrestler was RVD, I enjoyed the month he had the title, it was glorious. The moment he won was glorious. Then his career never got there again. It's still nice that I got that cool few weeks, I took what I could get.

That said, when we're talking worrying about future booking, I do think WWE is very pro Bayley, we know Trips is, and I think she'll have a nice run for years. Maybe she'll only have a couple brief title runs like Mick Foley, maybe she'll get lucky and get a longer reign (though WWE doesn't seem to do that for most babyfaces lately), at least they did said cool thing at some point. Plus, the bonus for me, that point where the cool thing happened is tonight! Which is nice at this time.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Feb 14, 2017

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

I wanted my Girlhood Dream Has Come True moment for Bayley at Wrestlemania and now I can never get it so I am upset.

Also I wasn't really watching that match because I checked out of RAW after Kevin Owens broke my heart and I missed the whole thing.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Emmalina was hot as hell. Shame she'll never be seen again. I hope evil emma snaps people's necks Steven Seagal style.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Blaise330 posted:

K put the title on Goldberg. Owens has to DIE

No, Jericho/Owens has to main event WM. Owens did make some kind of deal with HHH too.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

KungFu Grip posted:

The Festival of Friendship started with Jericho doing a tapd presentation over the video screens. There was a huge pyrotechnics display and some Las Vegas dancers came out with Jericho dancing to some Tom Jones-style music that he danced to. Jericho, wearing a silver Fedora hat introduced Owens, who looked very reluctant to be a part of this. Jericho walked arm-in-arm with two of the dancers. They got in the ring where there was a Festival of Friendship display and several gifts hidden by red covering. Jericho said he wanted to give Owens a special piece of art for this occassion, so he consuled with an sculptor named Ralph Guggenheim, a well-known minimalist-maximit artist to design a sculpture that looked like a double-headed dildo interttwined. Then jericho unveiled a painting called "The Creation of Adam," which got a huge pop. It was designed from "The Creation of Adam" by Michaelangelo, except it was Jericho (without pants) touching fingers with Owens (complete with the Universal Championship). Jericho wanted Owens to hang the painting in his home, but Owens didn't want to do that because Jericho wasn't wearing pants in the painting and he has two children.

Jericho then brought out Friendship the Magician, who pulled out papper from his mouth. His turned fire into a carnation. They could have just brought back Phantasio. Owens said his 9-year-old son could have done the same trick. Jericho agreed and put Friendship the Magician name's on the List. Jericho admitted he found Friendship the Magician on Craig's List.

Jericho admitted he should have made sure that Goldberg doesn't make it to Fast Lane last week. Since he didn't, he's going to do it here tonight in Las Vegas. He called Goldberg down to the ring and said Goldberg would get....it. Jericho went to a pose where he pointed his finger at the ramp. They went to a commercal. After the break, Jericho was still in the pose.

Naturally, Jericho did his 1998 WCW gimmick where instead of Goldberg, we got Gillberg. (Well, Jericho just delivered a mini in WCW since Dwayne Gill was in WWE). Owens had no time for this foolishness and laid out Gillberg quickly. Owens, deadly serious, said he thought the whole point of this was to get Goldberg out to the ring and beat the hell out of him. Fans chanted for "Gillberg." Jericho thought the Gillberg thing was funny, but apologized if it wasn't what Owens wanted. Jericho turned serious and said he's had such a great time being a friend of Owens, the last year has been one of his best and Owens has made his time in the WWE a better place. Crowd popped for that. Jericho guaranteed at Fast Lane, Owens would beat Goldberg because he has Owens' back. Even more, he would have Owens' back because he's his best friend and his brother, which would never change.

Owens said he was sorry, everything was great and he loved Jericho, too. They hugged. Owens said he knew he was going to walk out of Fast Lane as Universal Champion. Owens said he wanted to give Jericho something, which was nothing compared to what Jericho has given him. A stagehand gave him a box, which Jericho opened. It was a new List.

Jericho took a closer look and said "How come my name is on this?" Then he looked on the back of the clipboard, which read "The List of KO."

Owens turned on Jericho, destroying the painting in the process to a chorus of boos. Owens threw Jericho into the timekeeper's table and tore off his silver robe. Owens power bombed Jericho into the apron. In a modern-day throwback to the Shawn Michaels-Marty Jannety breakup, Owens threw Jericho's head into the JeriTron 5000, leaving glass scattered. Owens got some good heat as he threw down the sculpture. Jericho was bleeding from the forehead, which the referees kept covered with towels. In a wrestling landscape where there are several dozen angles shot every week, this one may stand the test of time.

Jericho did a stretcher job into an ambulance. They made sure not to shoot his face. The announcers were stunned at Owens' actions and had a monotone voice. They never brought up HHH's meeting with Owens earlier.

People say wrestling is fake but no human could invent this.

Missed Raw so going to watch this now. This cant be what happened

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.

Heavy Metal posted:

The NXT title has been pretty formulaic and predictable overall, but still well done. That was Charlotte and Sasha's feud, surely you could wait until this happens with Bayley to let it bother you about Bayley? Plus what if it doesn't happen? Then you might want to use a time machine to go back and enjoy this Raw match? Also she could then possibly win it back at WrestleMania, further drama for Bayley.

The only way Bayley can end up being champion at Mania, end Charlotte's streak at Mania, and also not lose the belt to Charlotte in-between now and Mania is to simply not have a match at Fastlane, which is a non-possibility. It's a dumb decision to give Bayley the win now because it's basically a given that she's going to drop it again anyway. That, or they blow their load on the PPV streak thing on Fast Lane instead of Mania which would be extremely weird but also satisfying because good God do I want them to stop referencing the PPV streak as something important.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

another week, another bad episode of raw

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Prozach posted:

The only way Bayley can end up being champion at Mania, end Charlotte's streak at Mania, and also not lose the belt to Charlotte in-between now and Mania is to simply not have a match at Fastlane, which is a non-possibility. It's a dumb decision to give Bayley the win now because it's basically a given that she's going to drop it again anyway. That, or they blow their load on the PPV streak thing on Fast Lane instead of Mania which would be extremely weird but also satisfying because good God do I want them to stop referencing the PPV streak as something important.

Charlotte wins at the next PPV by getting Bayley disqualified. Boom.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Prozach posted:

Maybe the Fastlane match could end with a nutty countout finish or some other shenanigans, to keep us waiting until WrestleMania for that, while still getting to have Bayley as the champ.

I gotta say, I can't wait to see how they build up solo Jericho and solo Kev and seeing that feud play out, that is gonna be some potent stuff. I'm also hoping we'll see some shenagins in the KO/Goldberg match, not just a squash of KO. Maybe Trips knocks out a bunch of refs again.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

John Dudebro posted:

I wanted my Girlhood Dream Has Come True moment for Bayley at Wrestlemania and now I can never get it so I am upset.

She'll get it, it'll just be her second title reign when it happens.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

BWV posted:

This is the best RAW segment

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.

keevo posted:

Charlotte wins at the next PPV by getting Bayley disqualified. Boom.

If you want a gently caress-finish to protect both parties, then why don't you do that on the free show instead of the show people pay money for? That's completely backwards booking.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

BWV posted:

It was every bit as good as that. Better. There were tears.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

the look on his face

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Prozach posted:

That's completely backwards booking.

welcome to MONDAY NIGHT RAW

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Bayley winning the belt and KO turned on Jericho. Two long term stories cashed in, and neither were anywhere near as hot as they should have been. Raw sucks.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Prozach posted:

If you want a gently caress-finish to protect both parties, then why don't you do that on the free show instead of the show people pay money for? That's completely backwards booking.

Because we're dumb wrestling fans that will gladly pay for a monthly subscription to watch their bad booking.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
wrestlemania being bayley's second title reign isn't the worst thing in the world

that would be dolph ziggler

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I cottoned on that the turn was coming when Jericho gave the heartfelt and sincere spiel about what KO meant to him but I thought and hoped for a half second that "The List of KO" meant "A List of Kevin Owens' Dear and Special Friends" after learning Jericho was on it.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

For the most part that was a real bad episode of Raw but the Festival of Friendship was so goddamn good I can't be mad.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
That could've been a wardrobe malfunction

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
For a moment, deep down, I felt like I was the one on the list :(

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

https://twitter.com/RachaelEllering/status/831355440772546560

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
https://twitter.com/MattMcMuscles/status/831356559510757376

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

The push has gone too far, Vince!

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Raskolnikov38 posted:

wrestlemania being bayley's second title reign isn't the worst thing in the world

that would be dolph ziggler

I guess I can take solace in that no matter how bad anything is, it will never be as bad as Dolph Ziggler

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

But history shows he was good in November 2014, and what more can be asked of a man?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

The guy holding up the "I just made the list" sign is perfect

• Locked thread