Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
"Ok Emma, stand around looking hot"

"No, that's terrible! You've failed again!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
The weirdest part of watching old attitude stuff is how ridiculously over Sable was. I mean, she doesn't do anything, and WWE have probably hired 50 more attractive and far younger women since. But people are going loving nuts for her awful angles and horrendous interviews

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

listen not everyone had the internet or were too full of christian shame to go buy a playboy or a hustler. not to mention giant fake boobs and bleached blonde hair were the height of feminine beauty to the average thirteen year old boy, and every dirty old man, in the 90's.

Yeah but why her and not any of the following women? I feel like I was capable of jacking it on the internet when Sable got huge so I can't imagine it was just 'wow, this is the first time we've been able to see a boob'

it's a mystery

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Give Sean Waltman 5 or 10 more years and he'll be ready to come back and be a WWE Main Eventer

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Wow, shocking to think HHH might have it out for The Big Dog

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

oldpainless posted:

Hurricane,a midcare comedy gimmick personified, had several backstage segments with the rock in early 03 in which he held his own or cane out ahead. This led to a match where Hurricane won off s distraction rollup. This was right before WM in which rock was facing Austin for the third time. Rock, one of the biggest stars in wrestling going into a feud with the biggest star in wrestling, let a midcard comedy guy get a huge rub off him. He didn't have to do any of that.

Or rather it could have been a huge rub because HHH made sure to bury him Ext week or so. I mean I'm sure it's not like the hurricane would have been a world champ by summerslam because of this mini feud with the rock but at least try to do something after pinning the rock. Or you know HHH can steal the heat and make everything the rock did and any possible benefit totally useless while he makes racist comments and then pins a black man clean st wrestle mania

This makes sense though, because HHH is a bigger star than The Rock. And in fact, Blade is actually a superior movie to anything The Rock has appeared in.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Chris James 2 posted:

They still think they're the best sport and thus don't need to change or adapt

"Sheamus is better than Conor, and unlike Ronda, Eva Marie never had the opportunity to flop" - WWE

Dolph Ziggler easily beating Conor in a shoot is something I'm 100% sure most people in WWE believe would happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Every solid but unspectacular worker lacking in charisma should have the Diamond Cutter/RKO as a finisher so they can get a huge pop from one thing, cutting through the indifference they otherwise face. DDP is a genius for figuring that out and Randy Orton picked up the ball and ran with it.

Otherwise DDP was an average worker, average promo, never over at the level of a top guy, who was already old as poo poo. It made total sense for WWE to bury him, other than that the storyline that buried him was awful and stupid.

• Locked thread