Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Raw managed to make me not give a gently caress about Bayley winning the title. Impressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

That's not true, you're wrong all the time.

The emotional impact was reduced to almost nothing because they did the same poo poo with Sasha already twice in the last few months.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DoctorGonzo posted:

The FOF and the JOE-Sami segments were really good. Stephanie and Roman are the worst characters the WWE right now and bring down the show. Also LOL at Bayley winning on a random raw so Charlotte can keep her useless ppv streak.

I 100% agree with this post! Unity, yay!

Also I didn't really follow Jimmy Jacobs in ROH until the very end of his time there but the FoF SCREAMED Jacobs. The whole friendship getting twisted and something sweet and/or silly turning mega evil is totally Jimmy.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jetfire posted:

A Redditor did a 2017 update to the My Desire video complete with that stupid Creed song and it's beautiful.

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/wwe-desire-video-2017-my-sacrifice/2/

This may be the greatest use of Creed of all time.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo everyone watch that side by side edit of the Creed things, it makes it EVEN BETTER.

The side by side of Dean and Kurt getting lifted with the titles was especially fantastic, and the juxtapositions of Rock and Roman and Seth and HHH are especially amazing.

I spoilered them because they took me by surprise which made them even better.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DoctorGonzo posted:

Bring back Miss BB.

Uh, I have bad news...

Jerusalem posted:

That side by side of Austin and Bray rising up :discourse:

God yes.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Abroham Lincoln posted:

or he'll be on his way out of WWE too and give even less of a poo poo!

God I hope. Go away, Brock.

Actually something hilarious just occurred to me. What if Brock and Goldberg are both leaving again after Mania and everyone knows it? :lol:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DoctorGonzo posted:

Brock Lesnar?

Also Samurai i dont know what you mean.

https://twitter.com/kathydingman/status/805760023305617408/photo/1

I thought she died?

I'm being 100% serious. Oh, am I mixing her up with Mrs. Cleavage?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Excuse me but the correct answer is YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAHHHHH.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Phenix Rising posted:

This reminds me - there was some match in the past couple of years where someone was taking a beating and one of the commentators yelled something like, "Jesus Christ, stop it!"

Anyone remember what I'm talking about? Stood out to me at the time because it felt like a real human reaction but now I can't remember the actual match.

It was JBL in the first ever Suplex City match after like the tenth German. And I fully believe it was a genuine reaction because those were filthy.

He just goes, "Jesus Christ, stop it!"

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Sanguinia, unless I'm taking crazy pills the part that I gave you so much poo poo on was the idea that Harper would win the Rumble and/or that he and Bray would be in a one on one match for the title at WrestleMania, not the concept of Harper competing for the championship at some point. And no, being in triple threat is by no means the same thing as winning the Rumble.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Wait, when did we find out what it was for? What'd he do?

He bitched about somebody on 205 Live using the Blue Thunder Bomb.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Muddy Burphy posted:

I could see this going either way, but was it a segment where HHH produced it to be what he wanted it to be or what he thought Vince would want?

This was the first thing that popped in my head too.

Also Sanguinia is right, the INITIAL segment with Enzo was just Rusev being a jerk. Problem is it didn't stay there.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Julio Cruz posted:

Enzo repeatedly sexually harassed a married woman, and then thought that said sexual harassment was going to result in him getting lucky. He's dumb and an rear end in a top hat, neither of which are good babyface traits.

After the first segment yes. The first segment was more just him being awkward in an uncomfortable situation he didn't put himself in.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Where are you guys even getting this news? Did Dave report it?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rick posted:

Ways that Great Khali was better than Bray Wyatt:
  • A LOT taller.
  • Better hygiene.
  • Nicer pants.
  • More interesting friends.
  • Got away with saying "gently caress" on PG live TV multiple times.
  • Better ring music.
  • Better dancer.
  • Sat around a lot less.
  • Won more championships.
  • Wrestled in ECW
  • More popular in several parts of the world.
  • Better lighting.
  • Had at least one good match with Undertaker.
  • More consistent match quality.
  • More coherent promos.

Shut up Rick.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rick posted:

Come on man, we've been posting together a long time and I've never told you to shut up just because I don't agree with you about something. If I didn't like you I could make a really mean post comparing Bray Wyatt and Chris Paul but I wouldn't do that to you.

If I can't mostly jokingly tell someone to shut up, what can I do?

I like you brother but you dumb as hell right now.

Grozz Nuy posted:

Hey, that's not fair.

Now Bray Wyatt's won a championship.

:mad:

(Love you too, even though you root for a team I loathe.)

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Feb 17, 2017

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
HHH and Cena are both really good and influential figures in the wrestling business and while HHH almost certainly overvalues himself that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve a lot of his positive reputation.

The way some of y'all are talking, HHH is Jeff Jarrett, which is just completely disingenuous. Jarrett WISHES he was HHH. On any level.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Christ some of you guys have an overblown hate-on for HHH. From like late '99 to first quad tear HHH had a very real case for being one of the best workers in the world. His injuries limited him afterwards but he's still put on great matches since. Cena's better but that's not much of a knock.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Strawberry Panda posted:

I don't know, Foochs. If WWE TV was ruined for you for two or three years because of HHH reign of doom, I understand why you'd still hate him.

It's like when Metallica releases a record people says isn't the drizzling shits. That may be true but in my mind I just think of the awfulness of St. Anger and can't give anything they've done since a chance.

i watched through the entirety of the Reign of Doom and I don't hate HHH because that was like 15 loving years ago and he's been a part of a lot of stuff since then and actively put guys I like over both directly and indirectly so actually I don't care because I have better things to do with my time and energy.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

oldpainless posted:

Don't lie none of us do

I dunno man, I spend a pathetic amount of time posting online about wrestling but harboring a white-hot loathing for a guy like 10-15 years after the thing most people hate him for WHILE in the intervening period he's done a lot of good stuff is next level.

It's like, if we're not all dead in 15 years and I still harbor a hateboner for Brock squashing Dean even if he either put dudes over or just got squashed and went away forever, I should get my head checked. Also do NOT tell me 2017 HHH is even in character as insufferable as Reign of Doom Trips. I was there, man. It ain't close.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DoctorGonzo posted:

The Authority.

Not as bad, like I said.

Chromatic posted:

I can't really point out why but for some reason I really don't like that man. Just something about him.

You're not alone.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Settle down, Beavis.

I'm fine with people disliking or even hating HHH as long as they acknowledge they have selective memories about it. I don't even LIKE HHH that much but people acting like he was born on third and thinks he hit a triple are being really intellectually dishonest.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

dsriggs posted:

When I made it, I totally forgot that HHH didn't even bother to hook the leg afterwards & just assumed he did. Makes that burial even worse.

Okay this is still great. :laffo:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

triplexpac posted:

I'm amazed someone would put HHH in Cena's league as a draw. Cena is literally the only consistent draw WWE has had since Austin/Rock, that I can think of anyway.

HHH was a support player, like Foley. Just HHH got a way bigger push, so he'd get every chance to succeed and get WWE history shaped to make him look great

Did anyone put him in that league as a draw? I only compared them favorably as successful and influential workers and figures in the business that have both contributed a lot to WWE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DeathChicken posted:

No, I believe the Hurricane incident is when Hurricane got to pretty much own Rock in a promo (which never happens), then beat him in a match...which was followed by Triple H beating Hurricane in a match with a loving sleeperhold

Didn't Hurricane win via distraction rollup? I'm pretty sure it wasn't a finisher into a clean pin or whatever.

• Locked thread