Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
So in kayfabe, why on earth would KO turn on Jericho before his match with Goldberg, where he'll need all the help he can get? Is the idea that HHH/the Authority might help him again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Push El Burrito posted:

I need one high res enough to get a poster printed.

This.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Professor Funk posted:

So in kayfabe, why on earth would KO turn on Jericho before his match with Goldberg, where he'll need all the help he can get? Is the idea that HHH/the Authority might help him again?

Reposting this because I still think it's sorta dumb even if the Festival was one of the best wrestling segments ever (seriously).

Edit: Also, for all the bitching we all do about booking, it's kinda cool to be able to say that Kevin Steen was part of maybe one of the best segments in wrestling history. Who would have thought that could ever happen in WWE?

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Feb 14, 2017

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Senerio posted:

Kevin Owens is very mad that Chris Jericho got him into the match with Goldberg, and allowed his anger to overcome the rest of his senses. If you'll notice, he didn't hand him the list until after the heartfelt speech, which presumably sent him over the edge. In kayfabe, if Jericho hadn't dome that and maybe actually gotten Goldberg, Owens might not have given him the list, and just kept being friends with him.

:smith:

Wazzu posted:

If you think the Triple H meeting and the turn were unrelated, you're wrong. Gotta always be about the game, baby! And the authority!

2 fat athletic dudes may be a new unit.

I mean it's clearly related to HHH, I'm just trying to figure out how all of the storylines interlock or if there will be any payoff to that aspect at all since we're getting HHH/Rollins, Lesnar/Goldberg, and Jericho/Owens at Mania. Is Owens/Goldberg just going to be the most overbooked clusterfuck in history?

Edit: to clarify, there are three distinct parties that could get involved, right? Jericho (to gently caress over Owens), Brock (to gently caress over Goldberg), and now HHH (to protect Owens I guess??). Just curious how they'll handle it (probably not well).

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Feb 14, 2017

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

bradzilla posted:

Goldberg's deal only goes through Mania, so badnews.gif I'm afraid. I mean I guess there's a tiny chance he signs a new deal before.

Brock *has* to beat Goldberg at Wrestlemania. I don't think there's any question of that. If they don't want a part-time champion, I wouldn't be shocked if they had someone take it off him that night (maybe a returning Balor or something, not sure how they'd book it). This also makes sense practically because Goldberg/Lesnar is going to be like 9 minutes long so it wouldn't be hard to figure out time-wise.

Honestly though, Goldberg seems like he's having a lot of fun, so I wouldn't be that shocked if he stayed around and did one more big match at Summerslam or something. I'm enjoying his run, personally, even though I don't want him near the championship. I'd be down for him to stick around.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

bradzilla posted:

Agreed. I'm really tired of Brock phoning it in and the same tired Heyman promos, while Goldberg seems to care and is having fun. Brock can gently caress off to Saskatchewan or whatever and Goldberg should take up the Superboss mantle.

Goldberg having so much fun is sort of :3: too because he's said so many times he came back because he wanted his kid to see him do his thing. It seems like he's having a blast partly because he gets to look rad in front of his son, and that's sort of nice.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

She did botch it, Bayley had to yell at her to do it after she missed her spot the first time.

Jericho's voice when he asked why his name was on the list was heartbreaking

Would the saddest possible outcome at Fastlane be Jericho coming out to interfere - everyone thinking it's to get back at Owens - only to help Owens win in an effort to win his friendship back, and then get beaten down by Owens again?

Oh god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

The authority posing with the Authority

• Locked thread