Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Johnny is a delight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I don't think anybody, least of all Sami is gonna get heat for talking poo poo about Trump. There's been no indication that the company is punishing people for it and disciplining/firing a guy with Syrian heritage for being against Trump strikes me as the kinda thing that could really REALLY blow up in WWE's face in a bad PR way.

The only thing Sami got backstage heat for, he kinda deserved and that's coming from Sami Zayn Fan Numero Uno.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

He bitched about somebody on 205 Live using the Blue Thunder Bomb.

UK Tournament, actually. The WWE twitter tagged him in with a clip of somebody using the BTB and he said "Why innovate when you can create?"

It was a really snotty off-message tweet during a new product that WWE was trying to give a big push and is further underscored by the fact that he didn't invent the Blue Thunder Bomb. It was just a bad look for him and tbh he kinda deserved a rap on the knuckles for it. And it only equated to him looking like a dork in a couple backstage segments - it didn't affect his actual push or his in-ring results at all.

I will say one other thing about Sami - he's fought Rusev twice now and both times it was relatively nothing TV matches where Rusev got heat for a long time and Sami Outta Nowhered him with the Helluva Kick to get the pin, which is a drat waste of those two. If Sami does somehow get the US Belt, I really hope he has an extended feud with Handsome Rusev.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Bruh there's no loving way he passes that physical. :catstare:

If Kurt Angle can wrestle in WWE and Daniel Bryan can't I dunno what the gently caress is going on anymore.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I do feel the need to give WWE a little credit here, Bray has only been pinned clean once since Mania, I believe and he's won a WHOLE bunch since the brand split. Pinned New Day, pinned Randy, pinned Roman, won the tag titles and most important of all, pinned Kane.

This feels sudden, but Bray's actually been doing well for himself for quite a while. Clearly this is the Rock Rub at work.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
HHH directing it is one thing, what actually matters to me is if he wrote the thing from top to bottom too. Like, if he was just going by an outline that had to involve 1) Enzo going into Lana's room, 2) Enzo stripping, 3) Rusev beating the absolute piss out of him, there's not a lot of ways you can shine that turd up.

HHH directing it but not writing it would explain the bizarre contradictory tone of the whole thing where Enzo is trying to leave and constantly saying he shouldn't be here, but he never does leave, like the skit is desperately trying to remind you he's a babyface, despite his actions. It would also explain Ric Flair's involvement!

MJeff fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Feb 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Phenix Rising posted:

Really? Just one loss? It felt like he kept getting jobbed to Kane for a bit on Smackdown. Did that not happen? Or did those end with gently caress finishes?

He lost to Kane at Backlash, but that was definitely not clean. Randy hobbled out, gave Bray an RKO, then Kane gave him a chokeslam.

He also lost to Kane by countout on SmackDown when he walked out on a match to go visit Randy's Spooky Funhouse.

• Locked thread