Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Its nice that Raw never goes a week without ruining things. The Tag Team Champions got buried by Roman so he could Look Strong while Braun was made to be less cool by forcing Heel Antics because even a giant who is also ripped and getting big cheers can't overcome Vince's boner for Samoa I guess. Bayley's first championship might as well be in the trash right now. Cesaro and Shaemus are absolutely going to break up because neither of those men can ever be allowed any sustained momentum or success. And all of the heat Kevin Owens got for that admittedly good segment is going to disappear into the ether if Goldberg kills him like everyone thinks, which means the mania match everyone wanted is almost certainly going to be Dead On Arrival. Then again Owens will probably lose to Jericho anyway because vinceflex so it not like it matters either way.

I'm going to watch the last ten minutes of Roadblock to see my childhood hero Goldberg be champion one more time and then be thankful that once Brock ruins that I'll never have to pay attention to a Raw thing ever again. Can't wait for Smackdown tomorrow, I'm going to see it live and as worried as I've been about Bray potentially walking into another burial at Mania and as sad as I was that I didn't get to see Luke Harper ascend and gloat about how everyone mocked me for hoping it would happen, at least after EC I can have a sliver of hope for something good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I was at Smackdown live... LIVE. That main event match was incredible. Just loving stellar. Becky's match with Mickie was also awesome. I'm sad I was on the opposite side of the arena from Dean blowing up.

Also, if Harper gets added to the Mania match my gloating is going to be endless. ENDLESS. I may have been dead wrong about the most logical thing to be making Harper champion and do have him fight Orton directly, but I was on the right track and all y'all were pooping in my mouth for even considering Harper seeing the Mania main event.

This time, Foochs shall hold MY dick!

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

didn't you think Owens was going to be the babyface after jeriKO split up

I thought he SHOULD, not that he would. Also when Goldberg destroys all his heat I will be right.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Why should he though, he was always the more violent evil one

What? Jericho was way more evil. He was the one always doing the cheating, usually with a crazed look of bloodlust on his face, and he went back for beat down and such more often than Owens, and he put Owens on the list way back at the start before the "I'm pretending to betray you" scheme. Plus he actually codobroke Owens even if it was for a good reason and Owens immediately forgave him. Jericho was by far more evil despite the face pops the list and his catchphrases were getting.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Oh yeah if we're talking quantity Jericho wins. I think Owens is more violent than Jericho and more condusive to the "heel loses belt, lashes out" angle, which I thought they were gonna do. As soon as Jericho got the list over he was destined to come out face IMO.

Well honestly a bigger concern for why Owens should have been the face was the news of the Goldberg match, in which I was sure he would only be allowed offense and not being squashed if he was on the verge of a face turn. From the more important story perspective though, losing out on his promised Mania main event slot because Owens valiantly fought but lost would have been a perfect motive for Jericho to turn. and the post-Manian main event scene being Braun, Brock, Joe and we were hoping Heel Roman meant a fresh Face was badly needed against that lineup and Owens would have been perfect, especially since his friction with Seth and Sami would have made for good story opportunity.

Instead it seems we are doomed to still hated Face Roman who also retired the Undertaker and Owens playing 4th fiddle as a US champ who will doubtless continue to cheat and not win after a Jericho match with little heat because of Goldberg killing him before it happens.

Honestly, I hope I'm wrong, but I think that's the most likely future. At least he'll hopefully have some good content with Joe as Team Fat-thority

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Jack had the biggest pop of the 205 night other than Metallic in the building. Neville did not have a lot of heat sadly, Dars goofy heel reactions got a much bigger response, but that's to be expected from how many kids were in the crowd. The big smark group who was sitting under then Mania sign tried to start two or three Mexican raves during the main, which pissed me off after they got the whole arena chanting in Spanish for Metallic. Everyone around me was really into Neville's heel mannerisms, just not enough to really get into booing him until he killed that innocent umbrella.

I think the issue might be in the psychology of his matches. He should be doing a lot more cutting off cool flips than taking them (and his opponents should be going faster and doing more of them). With the current match pacing I think it's just hard for people to engage with him in the ring, but if the faces were going faster and he was stopping them shorter I think that would be fixed.

Also sad to note is how the pop Miz got for coming out for the Dark Main blew even Metallic out if the water. Until you can make that kind of comparison its hard to see just how damaged the cruisers were by thier mishandling. Its gonna take a long time to fix them.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I have a memory of actually really liking that hotel segment and being really surprised that a lot of people didn't. I mean, everything after that and the feud as a whole was complete garbage, I'm not debating that, I just thought the hotel beat down was good.

I mean, you had a sensible setup: Cass plays a prank in Enzo and leaves him naked in the hallway, Enzo keeps his cool despite the embarrassment, runs into Lana, Rusev reacts poorly and without bothering to ask what the hell is happening because he's evil, and this leads to a pointlessly elaborate and vindictive revenge because again, he's evil.

Lana sets out the honey trap, Enzo falls into it because Lana is crazy hot even though at every step in the process he's repeating how this is a bad idea and he shouldn't be doing this, and of course the trap gets sprung and he gets caught. Rusev beats him to an absurdly disproportionate degree and then leaves him bleeding on the carpet while he goes into the room where Lana in waiting to "celebrate".

I guess I just don't get what people didn't like about it. It all makes perfect sense for the characters, it makes sense as a story, Enzo is sympathetic in the scenario because the initial incident wasn't his fault, and he's being deliberately tempted and doesnt have the will to resist it even though he's innocent. Rusev comes off as both a huge badass for the savagery of the beating and amazingly heelish and petty for doing it. Lana is a prop, which is lame I agree, but at the time I remember thinking that since she's the brains of the operation and a femme fatale this must have all been her idea to begin with, which at least makes her matter since she's the motivating force behind the story. It didn't play out that way of course, but at the time we didn't know that.

I dunno, I liked it. It went off a succession of cliffs every single week after that and never stopped getting worse no matter how low it went, but still. I'd be happy to hear reason why I'm wrong that I might be missing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Yeah that was the problem, everyone came out of that looking like a jerk but more so Enzo, plus it was weird that he had zero qualms with trying to gently caress her until he actually got in the room, which seemed too contrived IMO.

The second part I can agree with, I guess I just don't follow why Enzo was a jerk when he "flashed" Lana because he was the victim of what was supposed to be a typical dorm buddies prank that fits their Jersey Shore Manchikdren gimmick perfectly. I mean, he made a comment to her, but he was covering humiliation with bravado, which is also super in character for Enzo.

He was a jerk for going to the hotel I guess, but he was invited by the world's hottest woman, is the fact that he didn't think until it was too late super surprising?

• Locked thread