Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

KungFu Grip posted:

i fell asleep after the Samoa Joe promo. How was Raw?

Also why is Dana Brooke suddenly Charlotte's protoge again when she hasn't been on TV for months?

Last hour was great, you had the mindblowing Festival of Friendship segment that was some of the finest in storytelling since Mario Puzo! And a drat fine Bayley vs Charlotte title match.

Dana Brooke was a macguffin, or a red herring, or a Parcheesi etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Fawf posted:

I can't even fathom how it'd be at all possible to give a poo poo about the women't title right now when it's a forgone conclusion it'll be flipped back to Charlotte on the next PPV. It's the stupidest loving record too because "lost the title 8 times in the past year but wins on PPVs" is the least impressive thing ever.

The NXT title has been pretty formulaic and predictable overall, but still well done. That was Charlotte and Sasha's feud, surely you could wait until this happens with Bayley to let it bother you about Bayley? Plus what if it doesn't happen? Then you might want to use a time machine to go back and enjoy this Raw match? Also she could then possibly win it back at WrestleMania, further drama for Bayley.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Feb 14, 2017

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

More on my defending the Bayley thing overly much. I'm a mark for Bayley, her winning tonight is great to me, and it went well (the match and crowd reaction), good booking, these things aligning is all positive in my book.

I can dig that people have concerns with the long term booking, but the Charlotte pattern will be broken at some point, probably won't take as long as Undertaker's.

My fav wrestler was RVD, I enjoyed the month he had the title, it was glorious. The moment he won was glorious. Then his career never got there again. It's still nice that I got that cool few weeks, I took what I could get.

That said, when we're talking worrying about future booking, I do think WWE is very pro Bayley, we know Trips is, and I think she'll have a nice run for years. Maybe she'll only have a couple brief title runs like Mick Foley, maybe she'll get lucky and get a longer reign (though WWE doesn't seem to do that for most babyfaces lately), at least they did said cool thing at some point. Plus, the bonus for me, that point where the cool thing happened is tonight! Which is nice at this time.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Feb 14, 2017

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Prozach posted:

The only way Bayley can end up being champion at Mania, end Charlotte's streak at Mania, and also not lose the belt to Charlotte in-between now and Mania is to simply not have a match at Fastlane, which is a non-possibility. It's a dumb decision to give Bayley the win now because it's basically a given that she's going to drop it again anyway. That, or they blow their load on the PPV streak thing on Fast Lane instead of Mania which would be extremely weird but also satisfying because good God do I want them to stop referencing the PPV streak as something important.

Maybe the Fastlane match could end with a nutty countout finish or some other shenanigans, to keep us waiting until WrestleMania for that, while still getting to have Bayley as the champ.

I gotta say, I can't wait to see how they build up solo Jericho and solo Kev and seeing that feud play out, that is gonna be some potent stuff. I'm also hoping we'll see some shenagins in the KO/Goldberg match, not just a squash of KO. Maybe Trips knocks out a bunch of refs again.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

But history shows he was good in November 2014, and what more can be asked of a man?

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

That DICK! posted:

what's this like persona or somethin

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, the recent anime adaptation. (good stuff!)

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Great promo for sure from Joe, I thought Zayn's promo was a standout as well. Pretty much a perfect babyface promo.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Random note, WWE is way more entertaining right now with better matches than it was in 2007! I say kudos on going in some cool directions.

(as much as I love ya Edge)

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Gavok posted:

But it still felt like the Festival of Friendship would be an amusing piece of filler to build on the eventual turn. Having it happen last night made it way more shocking and emotional. Plus it keeps them protected in a way. Maybe Jericho could have helped Owens retain against Goldberg. We'll never know because of Owens' hubris.

Definitely, great great timing. I also felt Rollins turning on The Shield was great timing. The best time for a shock is before people would expect it.

In this case, they also forshadowed it and had us wondering what was going on with Kev throughout the episode, so the whole Festival of Friendship had that air of uneasy uncertainty to it too. Then the actual reveal and turn was funny as well as heartbreaking, which I think it pretty great. Kind of a unique and unconventional vibe to the whole segment, pretty original.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Marquis de Pyro posted:

The weirdest part of watching old attitude stuff is how ridiculously over Sable was. I mean, she doesn't do anything, and WWE have probably hired 50 more attractive and far younger women since. But people are going loving nuts for her awful angles and horrendous interviews

I just wanna say, I was in 7th grade at the time, and I got in trouble for printing out a picture of Sable in the library computer! And I also didn't have internet at my home yet. Also I snuck into South Park the movie with my older bro! And it was a magical time when South Park versions of wrestlers was the hot thing, am I right or am I right

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Skinty McEdger posted:

Then all the different groups in the psp, the dean haters, the dean marks, the bliss clik, the shut up about bliss you weirdos, the workrate marks, the kane fans, the Rovert and the Roque, can all come together in one perfect moment of laughing at another magical wrestlemania moment hijacked by a crowd.

We prefer Kanenites

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

pressedbunny posted:

But she'd been working well as Evil Emma for months, and there was really no reason to change. Whatever shortfalls she may have had in the past are well behind her; this whole Emmalina thing has just been them pissing away a perfectly decent worker for months because someone in the back thought it'd be a laugh, and I don't blame Emma for sandbagging it, either consciously or subconsciously.

She had surgery for a ruptured disc in May, just nine months ago, any additional time off was a very very good thing.

Another good thing, James Ellsworth!

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Feb 15, 2017

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Triple H is funny, and good.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

DoctorGonzo posted:

Why....Why.....WHY!

Have you seen Poolside Chats? It's still online somewhere, funniest stuff ever. Neil takes calls from rascals by Tom Green's pool, incredible stuff.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZqawNmtMUw

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

You see what happens when you post ten pages of Triple H debate, you get a couple posts roasting Lemmy or Motorhead. That ain't right. Too drat far.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

cams posted:

triple h is perfectly serviceable worker who can rise to the level of an entertaining opponent when necessary.

the wrestlemania main event between triple h and roman reigns is the single most hilarious wrestling match i have ever seen. i could not stop laughing as it was happening. it felt so awkward. i thought it was intentionally bad and boring to set up some sort of storyline swerve that never came.

triple h's sins are many and unforgiveable. he might be the luckiest wrestler in history to have been in the position he was when the rock and steve austin were doing their thing.

I was a big fan, had one of those "The Few, The Proud, The Depraved" t-shirts, though Undertaker was still my fav. Austin literally buried my fav wrestler by the way folks. Triple H really was popular, he deserved to be one of the top guys. I liked that babyface DX period a lot. I don't feel that he's just serviceable, unless The Rock and Austin are also in that category. Doesn't really make sense to me. You watch The Rock/Triple H iron man match and think The Rock is carrying Triple H in there?

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Alexander Hamilton posted:

HHH finally put someone over and then Daniel Bryan immediately died.

D-Bry also defeated Kane at the next PPV! Clearly the Demon Kane is to blame.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Triple H kills the ref, Lesnar rocks Goldberg with some surprise suplexes, Owens retains at Fastlane. (I hope)

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Von_Doom posted:

I'll forget the ropes thing, although as one goon just said that is the first thing a wrestler learns and thus should be decent at eventually. I mainly remember her botching pretty much every move she did about 80% of the time, delivering stilted promos and just being an anchor around any match/angle with anyone she came across. Back in the day I guess she wasn't a hate crime level bad or anything but there are better choices to bring back. That's all I'm trying to say. Her love for Kevin Nash is definite positive for her as every wrestler should learn from Big Daddy Cool when it comes to how to think and treat the business. As much as I love Angle and Eddy G while still carrying a respect for Benoit (in the ring) their attitudes toward wrestling didn't lead anywhere good for them. Nash will forever be making decent bank while seducing your aunt/mom and quite happy I hope.

You are still Da Man and I hope we are still cool. :fistbump: ?

... oh god... I didn't know I wanted that until now. I both curse you and bless you. I now want a Torque/Fast&Furious/Con Air crossover. Maybe mix some XXX into it.

Nic Cage: Why oh why didn't you put the bunny back in the box?
The Rock:I know somewhere else he could put that bunny. After he shines it up REEEEEAAAAALLL good. <somehow finds a way to cock a minigun and make it go klak-klak while riding a tank with jet engines strapped to it's side>
<queue explosions>

This is good! It is a strange thing that Nic Cage hasn't been in a F&F movie.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

6 stars!

(I am a fan of both of these men so this is not a joke six stars)

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

21 Hoot Salute posted:

Th... thanks? :confused:

For the record, it just looks like a youtube url to me too. Probably a firefox thing, I guess it autoformats in other browsers. Any link posted as is just looks like a link, but I don't mind clicking on mystery youtubes. And I really enjoyed Cesaro and Kidd's run.

Looking forward to some wrasslin' on TV tonight! Owens, Jericho, Bayley, perhaps Paul Heyman versus Earl Hebner?

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Feb 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Thanks, I just looked in there moments ago and found that as well.

• Locked thread