Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

i didn't enjoy most of RAW very much but man was the Festival of Friendship good. Jericho really is a gift, and even though I expected it, the Owens turn (? Heel to heelER is a turn, right?) was heartbreaking. Owens really has a gift for betraying people in upsetting ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

Edit: to clarify, there are three distinct parties that could get involved, right? Jericho (to gently caress over Owens), Brock (to gently caress over Goldberg), and now HHH (to protect Owens I guess??). Just curious how they'll handle it (probably not well).
probably also Rollins (because gently caress HHH and Owens)

I am only down for Gillberg replacing Goldberg if he is booked like Goldberg. If he can even half-rear end a jackhammer on Brock, I'll accept it.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

this is from pages ago but the most shocking thing to me is that they have rehearsals for gimmicks and yet so many piece of poo poo gimmicks get through

i hope she intentionally sabotaged it, and that i get to see the footage of them telling her 'look sexy' and her doing the opposite

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

half the gimmicks are masks and costumes anyway, just put, like, roderick strong into a doink costume

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

oh hey 300~ new posts! something crazy must have happened

OH GOOD

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Every solid but unspectacular worker lacking in charisma should have the Diamond Cutter/RKO as a finisher so they can get a huge pop from one thing, cutting through the indifference they otherwise face. DDP is a genius for figuring that out and Randy Orton picked up the ball and ran with it.

Otherwise DDP was an average worker, average promo, never over at the level of a top guy, who was already old as poo poo. It made total sense for WWE to bury him, other than that the storyline that buried him was awful and stupid.

For your first point, the best was when Randy Orton was moving houses or getting divorced or both, and was selling all his stuff. Someone zoomed in on a VHS (i think) tape and it was Diamond Cutter variations. Randy didn't just take the move, he understood the value of the 'out of nowhere' element and then it became a meme, and then it became an Official Trait of WWE Superstar The Apex Predator The Viper Randy Orton. DDP had people like Eddie to do 90% of the work on the Powerbomb->Diamond Cutter, and Orton has people like Seth Rollins for the Curb Stomp->Counter RKO

For your second point, it's stupid that WWE buried DDP because he was over as gently caress. DDP could have made them money, and as a business they should make use of that, rather than squander it out of some petty grudge. WWE doesn't value work rate or promo skills nearly as much as my favorite dead gay wrestle forum, and they wasted an opportunity by giving DDP an idiotic gimmick and storyline.

• Locked thread