Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

There are so many great touches in that Jericho/Owens segment.

The thing that really made it work was that we knew that they'd split up and end up in a WrestleMania feud, but it made the most sense to do it after Fastlane. Jericho got Owens into that situation, so Goldberg steamrolling through the two of them seemed like a likely way to end it. Jericho and Owens would no longer be unbeatable and Owens would be able to snap and attack Jericho. It was just going to suck because it would make those two look lame and Owens attacking Jericho would be sort of justified. We'd be meant to root for Jericho despite being a loser screw-up.

But it still felt like the Festival of Friendship would be an amusing piece of filler to build on the eventual turn. Having it happen last night made it way more shocking and emotional. Plus it keeps them protected in a way. Maybe Jericho could have helped Owens retain against Goldberg. We'll never know because of Owens' hubris.

Then there's Owens' reasoning. Was it one thing or a combination of stuff? Did Triple H pull him aside to say, "Cut this poo poo out, this isn't why I made you champ"? Was it the Goldberg challenge? Was Jericho getting too annoying for him? Even in Jericho's heartfelt speech, he keeps playing up how Owens keeps winning because he needs Jericho and you can see that piss Owens off, even if Jericho meant it in a nice way.

The crowd's response is the best thing because it goes from a sad reaction to Jericho being put on his own list to a realization that he's on Owens' list to a louder realization that this is the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Chris James 2 posted:

Followup on that Animal thing posted yesterday

After reading that apology, I immediately heard a scratchy "WELL...!"

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Jetfire posted:

A Redditor did a 2017 update to the My Desire video complete with that stupid Creed song and it's beautiful.

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/wwe-desire-video-2017-my-sacrifice/2/

On the side-by-side clip, you see Kurt Angle with the milk truck hose next to New Day after coming out of the giant cereal box. It's perfect.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

I know I'm the only one following the BOOM! Studios WWE comic, but the latest issue took a pretty funny turn from novel concept to straight-up WWE revisionist history. The series has been about taking the breaking up of the Shield and expanding on it and showing what was going on outside of the ring. The first three issues have shown it from Rollins' perspective. The first two took what was going on with Rollins up to cashing in at WrestleMania and added some light to it. Showed him as conniving and self-serving, but weighed down by the realization that he's just Triple H's puppet and gets no respect.

It did a better job building up their feud than the actual storylines, all while keeping Rollins heel. All in all very good.

Then in the new issue, it gets weird. They go out of the way to point out how brave and ballsy Seth Rollins always was, reluctantly protected by Triple H. The post-WrestleMania Raw confrontation with Lesnar doesn't actually happen. Rollins wants to go to the ring to fight Lesnar and Triple H tells him to hang back. Then Lesnar F5s Cole and Stephanie suspends him.

At no point is Rollins ever portrayed as a chickenshit during his title run. He's constantly offended that Kane is there to help him cheat. It was his idea to do Rollins vs. Lesnar at Battleground and publicly accepted the challenge against Triple H's wishes.

Then there's a whole thing about how strenuous the champion's schedule is, which instead of making Rollins look tough when faced with a busy schedule, paints the company in a terrible light. The champion lives such a busy life that he never gets more than three hours of sleep a night, eats two meals a day at most, hardly gets time to actually exercise and is so grinded down that his body falls to pieces at a random house show.

Oh, and Stephanie was responsible for that time Undertaker kicked Lesnar in the dick at Battleground.

• Locked thread