Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Shiroc posted:

Fernando Rodney is awful and I don't know how he keeps getting work

Signed, every Mariners fan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Gorkys is living up to his name

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
The day the Mariners finally dumped Rodney was great. I don't think I would dislike him so much if he was just bad, but he's so impossibly erratic. Will it be a 1,2,3 inning or will he give up 4 runs after walking three people, hitting two and 3-4 wild pitches?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Shiroc posted:

The day the Mariners finally dumped Rodney was great. I don't think I would dislike him so much if he was just bad, but he's so impossibly erratic. Will it be a 1,2,3 inning or will he give up 4 runs after walking three people, hitting two and 3-4 wild pitches?

The Curse of Carlos Marmol.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

this is the peak of Late Period Fernando Rodney, shooting the arrow in the middle of the seventh inning after being pulled for another pitcher.
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/10/chicago-cubs-fernando-rodney-bow-and-arrow-7th-inning-huh-mlb

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
^^^ Also that time he did that to the Angels at the end of the 8th (4 out save) and then promptly gave up the win in the 9th.

kensei posted:

Signed, every Angels fan

Good Dog fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Apr 3, 2017

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
So upton's not just not on the roster, he's been released by the Jays

Also Osuna on 10-day DL

gently caress

And I guess there's probably a regular season n/v thread somewhere now?

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

R.D. Mangles posted:

this is the peak of Late Period Fernando Rodney, shooting the arrow in the middle of the seventh inning after being pulled for another pitcher.
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/10/chicago-cubs-fernando-rodney-bow-and-arrow-7th-inning-huh-mlb

I think I actually yelled something like "Don't shoot your stupid loving gimmick arrow unless it's a save" at that game when that happened.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Shiroc posted:

Fernando Rodney (1-0)

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Spoeank posted:

Fernando Rodney (1-0)

He Just Wins

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Rodney also got two saves against the Cubs last season on the same day, what a day, to be double-arrowed by San Diego's Fernando Rodney.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

Shiroc posted:

Well he just got the win and we all know how valuable pitcher wins are :smug:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shiroc posted:

I know there are reasons it's not the best stat but his ERA+ column is fun to look at on BR.

He's got a 641 for a full year! And a 1306 (!) for a partial year, until he was traded and then there's a 67 for the rest of it.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

did we know about this?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xv7v4y_sato-yunker-ichiro-suzuki-health-and-beauty-cool_lifestyle

or this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QAqiqTQWJg

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Twin Cinema posted:

Goins could be the greatest glove of all-time, but I don't think that'd be enough to justify his sub-.200 average in the line-up.

I think the bigger issue isn't goins as the backup or 2nd backup IF, its carrera starting LF as a guy who historically isnt even an AAAA type LF. Also can't play CF or even LF/RF well.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Twin Cinema posted:

Goins could be the greatest glove of all-time, but I don't think that'd be enough to justify his sub-.200 average in the line-up.

I remember the Rays trotting out Carlos Pena's .200 bat for 4 years because it was a .200/.350/.400 bat.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

Luigi Thirty posted:

I remember the Rays trotting out Carlos Pena's .200 bat for 4 years because it was a .200/.350/.400 bat.

I remember he walked a-lot but surely his slugging percentage was higher then 400?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

chilihead posted:

I remember he walked a-lot but surely his slugging percentage was higher then 400?

It started that way...

2007: .282/.437/.627
2008: .247/.377/.494
2009: .227/.356/.537
2010: .196/.325/.407

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Luigi Thirty posted:

I think you mean "Future Hall of Famer Carlos Pena"

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Luigi Thirty posted:

It started that way...

2007: .282/.437/.627
2008: .247/.377/.494
2009: .227/.356/.537
2010: .196/.325/.407

Even in the worst of those years he was worth more than 2 WAR. A lot of teams do worse out of 1B.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Edit: wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

BASEBALL